Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash shop?

amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

I've been playing Tera for a couple of months now, I'm getting really angry with the horrible cash shop in it though.  I lost quite a lot of money on their lottery box cosmetics, spending $60 and not getting the items when most shops charge $15 for them is quite bad I think.

Is there any word how the Rift cash shop will be?  Any lottery box things or anything distasteful?  I'm looking into maybe swapping to Rift if they treat their players better.

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why don't you just, you know, ignore the gambling items...?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TinkerBellCommandoTinkerBellCommando Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I have said over and over again. Cash Shops are for suckers. And the saying is true, their is a sucker born every minute.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Why don't you just, you know, ignore the gambling items...?

Yeah I would agree.

OP,  I saw those items as well and when I looked at the description of "what you could get" I immediately foresaw me getting stuff that I didn't care about.

Stay clear of all gambling cash shop things.

Heck, Aion has something similar. You get these lock boxes but no key. Where are the keys to be found? Why, in the shop of course!

You can trade them in game (I believe you can) and purchase them for in game money but "meh" gambling is never meant to benefit the player.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    There are some previews of the shop at: http://rift.junkiesnation.com/
    there wont be any gambling stuff as far as i can see.
  • reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I usually stay away from anything thats a gamble. So if Rift has the same thing, I'll keep away from that item.
  • amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Well 2 things really. 

Firstly they release a new mount or a new skin and they are in lottery boxes, almost everything they release is this way in their shop now.  I do want to buy some of these things because they look cool, they just put everything in a gambling box so you either waste a ton of money and probably never get it or you can't buy any of the cash shop items. 

Secondly, it's disrespectful of your players.  So if Rift adopts this kind of system I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Cash shop is fine I have no problem giving them money, however let me buy the items!  Don't try and make me look like a fool using gambling systems designed for no other purpose than to con me.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Tera has a great cash shop and payment system.  You can sub for $15 which gets you a ton of buffs plus 10 lockbox keys per month.  You can buy items for your character or the account.  The game plays the same whether you have a sub or not.  It doesn't get much better than that.

I hope to hell that Trion adopts EME's cash shop style with Rift.  It could be much worse and they could go the Turbine or SoE pay for content route.  Those sort of suck by comparison.

Use what little sense you were given and don't buy the keys, or buy them but stop bitching about it.  You can buy a mount in the cash shop for about $17.  You don't have to get one through a lockbox.  You can also buy most lockbox items with gold in the game.  Do people really not get this?  The lack of sense is boggling.

Tera rewards players that don't want to give them any money at all, it has one of the worst cash shops I've seen and that alone is one of the reasons I'm considering Rift right now.

It punishes people that want to give them money however, you can buy almost nothing new they add outright you have to gamble on everything.  This isn't about cash shop keys this is that every time they add a new cosmetic, like a weapon skin, a new mount or armor skin they put it in a random lottery box.   You buy this box, open it and maybe you'll get it and maybe you won't, they don't even tell you the odds.   Quite a few people paid $300-$400 and didn't get the weapon skin, how disrespectful is that towards players that want to give you money?

I'm the kind of player that likes to buy items to support the game and to have pretty new items, that's why I want a good cash shop and not a bad one like Tera has.  A few of my friends that also spend money have already quit in anger over it.