Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do yourself a favour and avoid this game at all costs!

Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
World of Tanks is absolutely rubbish. I really dont know where to start how to tell you what & why.

First off I will tell you that their forum admins are totally nazi's, on par with the moderators here. If they dont like what you write, no matter how constructive it is, the post will be removed (well here you risk both warning & ban, and since I have just made 1 post in the WoT forum, recently, that was deleted, I am awaiting a warning or something similar which happens here. Time will tell).

To put it simple; World of Tanks is the ONLY game that makes me rage as much as I do when I play World of Warcraft. And I have even played Darkfall 1, 2 years after its release and I was continuously ganked for 3-4 months before I quit DF1, no wining or raging.

The worst game mechanic part with WoT is the Tiering system; meeting tier 5 tanks when youre Tier 3 is just depressing. You have absolutely nothing to do there. I just drive right forward as far I can get towards the enemy flag and give a good **** about the enemy untiul I die. Then I go to the garage and log into another tank. When the game is that unmotivating I would dare to say its a massive fail.

Without bothering too much to go into details how much this "free 2 play" game costs, I will only quote my friend who said once in frustration (he

Comments

• GeophageGeophage Member Posts: 4

It's a good thing you didn't play arty or scouts.  I have Tier IV scout that gets into Tier IX games regularly.  My Tier V arty also gets into Tier IX games.  This is where the skill part comes in.

Tier III in a Tier V match?  I wish I had it so good ;)

A good player can play Tier VIII and make money.  A bad player can play Tier VIII premium and make money, or play non-premium Tier VI and make money.  Playing Tier X non-premium and making money is like making money in the NFL ... most of us just dream of it.

Unlike WoW, there is no reason (besides ego) to rush to cap (Tier X).  I have >7000 matches and am quite content to keep playing Tier III-IX until I get good enough to play Tier X.  If I never get good enough, that's fine with me; I have a good collection of fun tanks to play and never a shortage of folks to play with/against.

There is no "I Win" button.  If you demand that gratification come instantly and for low effort, then this game isn't for you.  Tier IV separates the noobs from the tankers.  Watch some tutorials and learn to play.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Geophage

It's a good thing you didn't play arty or scouts.  I have Tier IV scout that gets into Tier IX games regularly.  My Tier V arty also gets into Tier IX games.  This is where the skill part comes in.

A good player can play Tier VIII and make money.  A bad player can play Tier VIII premium and make money, or play non-premium Tier VI and make money.  Playing Tier X non-premium and making money is like making money in the NFL ... most of us just dream of it.

Unlike WoW, there is no reason (besides ego) to rush to cap (Tier X).  I have >7000 matches and am quite content to keep playing Tier III-IX until I get good enough to play Tier X.  If I never get good enough, that's fine with me; I have a good collection of fun tanks to play and never a shortage of folks to play with/against.

There is no "I Win" button.  If you demand that gratification come instantly and for low effort, then this game isn't for you.  Tier IV separates the noobs from the tankers.  Watch some tutorials and learn to play.

I haven't played the game myself, but I'm quite sure it has something called "Golden Bullets" that you can only purchase with actual money and it is substantially stronger than any other ammo in the game. It's a P2W game. If it actually had an "I Win" button it wouldn't be a game at all. However, as I just mentioned it allows for people to purchase power and hence have an advantage.

How much money have you sunk into the game?

• BigWaaghBigWaagh Member UncommonPosts: 10
    All gold ammo can be bought with in game currency was changed about a year ago.  You do not need to spend a dime on this game and be just as competitive with any other tank ( it will just take you longer).  As for being in a match with tanks higher in tier than you it can suck sometimes.  Different tanks have Different strengths and weaknesses the game has a high learning curve and will crush people who try to Level too quickly. 
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

umm T3 tanks can kill T 5 tanks though that seems odd that you are in those matches unless you are platooned up... which is then your fault.  my M3 stuart used to mess up some of the low rank KVs... while kiling one solo is near impossible do to weaker gun.. light tanks are scouts anyway O-o spot for TDs or arty then bug the fk out :/ 

honestly WoT is easy once you know the hit points of tanks :/ i dont have much trouble with my marder 2/hetzer/stug3 popping higher T tanks with standard shell (havent used gold since CB when i got it free back when gold rounds were OP)

learn your tank role and work as a team to kill shit.. its the smartest thing to do. as you get points for spotting and damage even if you dont get the kill. 

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    World of Tanks is absolutely rubbish. I really dont know where to start how to tell you what & why. First off I will tell you that their forum admins are totally nazi's, on par with the moderators here. If they dont like what you write, no matter how constructive it is, the post will be removed (well here you risk both warning & ban, and since I have just made 1 post in the WoT forum, recently, that was deleted, I am awaiting a warning or something similar which happens here. Time will tell). . To put it simple; World of Tanks is the ONLY game that makes me rage as much as I do when I play World of Warcraft. And I have even played Darkfall 1, 2 years after its release and I was continuously ganked for 3-4 months before I quit DF1, no wining or raging. . The worst game mechanic part with WoT is the Tiering system; meeting tier 5 tanks when youre Tier 3 is just depressing. You have absolutely nothing to do there. I just drive right forward as far I can get towards the enemy flag and give a good **** about the enemy untiul I die. Then I go to the garage and log into another tank. When the game is that unmotivating I would dare to say its a massive fail. . Without bothering too much to go into details how much this "free 2 play" game costs, I will only quote my friend who said once in frustration (heæs a fanboi) "this is definately the most costly F2P game in the world". I totally agree. If you are not willing to spend a fortune on the game you will be forever stuck on tier 4-6, and even then you have to play like a mad WHILE you are cannonfodder for tanks that are 2 tiers above you. . The only bright side I find about this game is staying tier 1 or Tier 2, which 90% of the time you will be Tiered against same tier tanks; find a fast tank or one you are comfortable and give a damn about the rest. It is just not worth it. . Get yourself the tier 2 Russian BT2 tank or the English Tier 2 Cruiser 3. Both are inccredible mobile and have great firing power. Those 2 are at least the ones I feel I can have somehwat "fun" with, without raging, and both of the are easily obtainable fully equipped with a 1 days of playing. . Good luck and try have some fun.

Funny I saw a developer talking about future updates and he was chinese. And another funny point that all russian tanks are totally overpowered, if they would be that much nazi's why aren't the german tanks are overpowered?:s

• hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I recommend avoiding the Chinese tech tree if I were you. Match maker can be brutal on the M5A1 light tank. And is the game really pay to win if a player chooses not to use in game advantages i.e. gold rounds bought at the silver price?
  • GeophageGeophage Member Posts: 4

"Gold rounds".  I've never bought any.  The people who use them use them sparingly; they are very expensive.  Plus, you can buy them with in-game currency if you don't want to spend real money.  I play an average of ~35 games per day.  Loading gold rounds in every tank for every match would cost around $100 per day, or 100s of Ks of in-game credits.  Gold rounds don't matter very much anyway.  If you can't play well, all you do is waste money.  If you play well, they aren't necessary.  It's like buying a teeny little dog to carry around in your purse -  it's really only good for impressing other idiots.

The only money I've spent is for a premium account (about $15 per month) which gets me 50% more credits and XP from a match, and to buy additional garage slots for my tank collection.

I played as a freebie for the first few months I played.  It gets tough at Tier VI and I enjoy the game so much that I don't mind spending $15-$20 per month.  I've spent $15 per month (or more) to play WoW, EQ2, ST:O, WURM Online etc; and this game is more fun imo.

WoT is easy to pick up and play, but if you want to get good you have to really study the maps and learn the tactics.  Nothing you can buy will compensate for not learning the skills.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    The only reason to avoid the game is during special events when players like the OP come out to play who have absolutely no idea how to play the game. In all other respects the game is good, not great but still good and quite fun with 2 other friends in a platoon :3.

• povilezazpovilezaz Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    World of Tanks is absolutely rubbish. I really dont know where to start how to tell you what & why. First off I will tell you that their forum admins are totally nazi's, on par with the moderators here. If they dont like what you write, no matter how constructive it is, the post will be removed (well here you risk both warning & ban, and since I have just made 1 post in the WoT forum, recently, that was deleted, I am awaiting a warning or something similar which happens here. Time will tell). . To put it simple; World of Tanks is the ONLY game that makes me rage as much as I do when I play World of Warcraft. And I have even played Darkfall 1, 2 years after its release and I was continuously ganked for 3-4 months before I quit DF1, no wining or raging. . The worst game mechanic part with WoT is the Tiering system; meeting tier 5 tanks when youre Tier 3 is just depressing. You have absolutely nothing to do there. I just drive right forward as far I can get towards the enemy flag and give a good **** about the enemy untiul I die. Then I go to the garage and log into another tank. When the game is that unmotivating I would dare to say its a massive fail. . Without bothering too much to go into details how much this "free 2 play" game costs, I will only quote my friend who said once in frustration (heæs a fanboi) "this is definately the most costly F2P game in the world". I totally agree. If you are not willing to spend a fortune on the game you will be forever stuck on tier 4-6, and even then you have to play like a mad WHILE you are cannonfodder for tanks that are 2 tiers above you. . The only bright side I find about this game is staying tier 1 or Tier 2, which 90% of the time you will be Tiered against same tier tanks; find a fast tank or one you are comfortable and give a damn about the rest. It is just not worth it. . Get yourself the tier 2 Russian BT2 tank or the English Tier 2 Cruiser 3. Both are inccredible mobile and have great firing power. Those 2 are at least the ones I feel I can have somehwat "fun" with, without raging, and both of the are easily obtainable fully equipped with a 1 days of playing. . Good luck and try have some fun.

wow your a noob :DDDD driving towards enemie base as fast as posible !!! grow up :DD ewer heard anything about tactics ?? go play smthng with pink color  :DD

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I did myself a favor and reinstalled in a week ago on a couple of our machines. My son and I have been enjoying it immensely.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

The game is actually fun, and for a quick play and log out fun always welcomed.

The only problem I had with the game is that you can't catch up enough ingame Credits after a tier 7-8 tank. You will loose credits after every game, even after winning, without having premium.

In other words without a premium you can forget to play your Tier 8 tanks.

• hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Vapors

The only problem I had with the game is that you can't catch up enough ingame Credits after a tier 7-8 tank. You will loose credits after every game, even after winning, without having premium.

True even with a premium account

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Vapors

Farm credits with tier 5-6 tanks (the ones you like playing of course) to support your tier 8s, I have two thus far and am supporting them without any issues :3 (advice: go for the new german medium line and the british medium line, the tanks aren't cheap to repair at tier 8 but their ammo is cheaper than their counterparts).

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The OP is right the tier drop system is broken, but otherwise WOT is a good game.

Is it perfect no, do I currently play it, no.   But do I pick it up every so often to play, yeah. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

My KV-1 tells another story.:)

Why would I bother with tier 9 and 10 when the higher you go the bigger chicken you meet? Everyone camps and yells at each other when hit. Real men play tier VI tops. And it does not cost a dime.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Echoing other people who played the game and had fun, I played the game and had fun. I didn't spend any money either. *shrug*

I wouldn't recommend avoiding the game, I would just say be conscious of what you're buying and keep in mind that skill does seem to play a role in the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Geophage

You think I am there to "make money"?? Are you for real?

Jeez. I am there to have FUN, not to fight some rich brats that have  full access to their millionaire daddys VISA and so are buying IWIN ammo.

FYI: I did play a scout, until I realized I got to meet Tier 8 as Tier 4. My "scouting" carrier ended right there & then.

Originally posted by Hodo

The OP is right the tier drop system is broken, but otherwise WOT is a good game.

Is it perfect no, do I currently play it, no.   But do I pick it up every so often to play, yeah. 

If they made the Tier +/- 1 instead of 2 for "normal" tanks, and SAME Tier for all Premium tanks the game would be ALOT more appealing.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I made it to Tier 7 in my IS, 1 round cost me 1000 credits i can earn 15k credits on average.
    If i get detroyed it costs me money and if i need to shoot alot....its even worse -_-

Its a fun game, but rely's heavy on you paying money to maintain fun or you end up as cannonfodder.
    Some tanks are out of line and get matched versus brutal tiers where your rounds bounce off again and again and again...

This game could have been alot of fun, but i gave up after playing in Tier 7 for a month.
    To much hassle and more often then not you end up versus players who pay to win.

I rage-hate more in this game that I ever did in WoW. Now should I quit before I get a heart-attack? (just had a period of insomnia where the longes period I couldnt get any sleep was staying awake for a total of 21 (!!) days.

Heres what I did to get "fun" out of this game: I started to play ONLY Tier 2 Tanks. Some of them are quite fast (65kmt) and you get both magazines and "sniping" guns on them. Very rarely you meet artillery (WOOHOO) and MAYBE 1 out of 20 times you meet Tier 4.

Tier 2 = THE most fun of it all. I can drive in and cause a real havoc due to my skill which suits me PERFECT. I blow up Tanks in east & west with my 3 Tier 2 super fast tanks (BT2, M2 Light Tank & T2 Light Tank). These 3 are absolutely the most fun tanks I ever played. (I do own IS6 and Super Pershing, but I find them absolutely horrible with underpowered guns)

Originally posted by Spiider

My KV-1 tells another story.:)

Why would I bother with tier 9 and 10 when the higher you go the bigger chicken you meet? Everyone camps and yells at each other when hit. Real men play tier VI tops. And it does not cost a dime.

I have nice stats on my KV1-S but that does not make up for al the ridiculous flawes of the game.

No wonder this only has a score of 7.25 (which in ALL circumstances would make me shy the game as hell; but a friend of mine asked me nice & politely to join him in it since he was "alone" there with no real life friends, and I said yes since my friend had a tough time at that moment.

My friend got better time, while I started to hate-rage. Wonder who won and who lost. Quite a paradox, wasnt it? :/

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Hodo

The people who complain about the Match Making system are bitches.  My T5 ELC gets in with T9 tanks and guess what, it isn't ezmode and you can be effective in the game and help your team out IF YOU PLAY SMARTLY.  You can kill those T9 tanks as well.

People want those T5 tanks to be in a narrow range like T3 - T7 ezmode.  I'd bet if you could give them truth serum, they would say ideally they would be top tank in each game with everyone else in weaker tank.

The MM criers are why we can't  have games with a bit of challenge.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    The only reason to avoid the game is during special events when players like the OP come out to play who have absolutely no idea how to play the game. In all other respects the game is good, not great but still good and quite fun with 2 other friends in a platoon :3.

Exactly this..

During events everyone jumps on and most have no idea how to play the game. A lot will buy a premium t8 tank and die fast a call the game shit.. or get put into a a game with t5 tanks in their t3...

You just need to learn how to play.. all tanks have weak spots even a t3 tank can take out a t5 if you know how to play, or in that game you could just keep out the way of the t5 tanks and kill other t3 or t4 tanks its simple..

There are websites dedicated to showing all the weak spots of tanks, learn them and only shoot them in those areas..

This is one.

http://www.wotdb.info

Any t5 tank or above will have a vulnerability button when you click on the tank.. this will show you where to shoot them.

Also thats not the end of it, the WOT combat system is pretty in depth.. you have tank weak spots, you have different types of ammo..

normal, premium and HE all can be brought with in game cash. Use normal most of the time but also take with you 5 premium rounds and 5 HE or maybe more. Use HE on any tank with an open turret or on something your finding hard to pen with normal ammo as HE will damage components of that tank and also possibly kill crew giving you an advantage. IF you come up against a tank that you cant pen no matter what, switch to premium and kill it but only do this when you have no other choice.

Then you need to take into account the angle of the tank, if the tank has sloped armor its going to be a lot harder to pen try and angle your shots so it hits the flattest part of the tank. Also after you have fired do not stand still, move back into cover or randomly wiggle the front of your tank at the person your fighting as this will make it hard for them to hit any weak spots of flat spots.. Some tanks have really good turrets, lots of armor and good angles.. with these tanks either try and hide in a ditch so the enemy can only shoot at the turret or just pop your turret over a hill when attacking and don't show the rest of your tank.

anyway a good basic page to look at.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Tactics

There is also a randomness to your shots, the higher skilled your crew are the less the affects you but its always there and thats for everyone.. So don't rage when luck goes against you its just a game. Once your crew reach 100% in skill you get to choose a special skill its best to choose brothers in arms first as this will give a good boost to the main skill allowing you to do everything faster....

I started playing WOT before xmas and I now play it most days.. I still only have t8 tanks but i have lots of others that I enjoy playing as well. I have cash into the game.. I pay for premium access most months and I brought the T8 super Pershing as its good for making in game cash and was pretty cheap.. tho the speed and gun utterly suck balls haha.

Anyway I hope the links i put up help some new players a bit but new players need to realize this is not your average fps/tps game where you can run in guns blazing an expect to win its a game of tactics no tank is going to be able to take multiple hits from multiple tanks so don't put yourself in that position..

Also as a side note.. this game is no longer pay 2 win in any way.. everything can be brought with in game currency.

I got way more clue than you how to play this game. You and your patronizing & elitistic attitude are the ones that make the game an even worse place than it really should be.

Originally posted by Caldrin
    You just need to learn how to play.. all tanks have weak spots even a t3 tank can take out a t5 if you know how to play, or in that game you could just keep out the way of the t5 tanks and kill other t3 or t4 tanks its simple..

bla bla bla bla *snip*

I stopped reading cause I started to laugh so hard I barely could read anymore due to all your BS.

Are you a standup comedian by any chance?