Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I come back?

2»

Comments

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by tintilinic
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

New endgame content:

1 raid

thats it

of course, you have to pay 20$+weekly passes or 25$+sub to access it.

Its actually worse then on launch...

People who are interested in SWTOR wouldn't care for 25 bucks. This is no secret that SWTOR more like Free to try than Free to play.

15 bucks a month is a much better option.

Of course.

But if OP didnt value it enough first time around, and its even worse now....its good to mention it ;)

SWTOR is not worse now. Game is in much better shape that it was at launch. Many players who came back after a year admit it.

Why is it so important for you to discourage everybody from even trying SWTOR?

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

New endgame content:

1 raid

thats it

People who are interested in SWTOR wouldn't care for 25 bucks. This is no secret that SWTOR more like Free to try than Free to play.

Of course.

But if OP didnt value it enough first time around, and its even worse now....its good to mention it ;)

SWTOR is not worse now. Game is in much better shape that it was at launch. Many players who came back after a year admit it.

To boost GW2 sales? ;p

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

New endgame content:

1 raid

thats it

Of course.

That is your opinion. I can't see that SWTOR is any better at all. You still can't explore an open world, weapons restrictions are still in place, and don't get me started on F2P restrictions...

New endgame content:

1 raid

thats it

Of course.

To boost GW2 sales? ;p

You made me look at  his post history:)  I also agree with this statement :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Thorkune

New endgame content:

1 raid

thats it

Of course.

That is your opinion. I can't see that SWTOR is any better at all. You still can't explore an open world, weapons restrictions are still in place, and don't get me started on F2P restrictions...

And that is your opinion:) Is your opinion more valid than mine?

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I tried to come back, but it just felt the same if not a bit worse with the cash shop. The game is simply WoW in space, and that doesn't cut it any more. 
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    I tried to come back, but it just felt the same if not a bit worse with the cash shop. The game is simply WoW in space, and that doesn't cut it any more. 

If WOW clones don't cut it anymore for you i wonder how come you are looking forward to Wildstar? 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

I decided to play all day I decided to resub (12€, I lose more money per week in snacks)

Loving it so far, glad to be back

Originally posted by Jaldren

I decided to play all day I decided to resub (12€, I lose more money per week in snacks)

Welcome back OP :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Very good game. Enjoyimage

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Picked up a game card at Walmart last week and resubbed.  (I hate the F2P restrictions) and I am loving it.  Still playing my IA, but started an Inquistor and the story is excellent so far through level 16.  It made me chuckle on more than a few occasions.  I am not an end-game type of person so that as you will, but if you enjoy a good story the game is well worth it IMO.
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Been playing it for 3 weeks now, up to 27 Jedi sage.  I started playing as F2P up to level 10, after that i paid for a sub.  However i'm starting to get bored right now, i dont think i'll keep my sub up one more month.   The sage story at first was fun, but not it's just redundant, it's the 4th jedi in a row i need to shield from the plague, go from planet to planet and do the same thing over and over again...... boring.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

So, played for 3 months after launch. Left due to the lack of content (2 or 3 raids, don't care about the PvP).

Came back a afew months ago when it went F2P, but seeing that it was unplayable (one skillbar, couldn't play my mains) and almost nothing new, I left after a few hours.

Really enjoyed the stories (imperial agent) and the PvE content (altho there was no easy group finder, so most of the time spent farming). 

Really, REALLY big SW fan, so please, give me a valid reason to pay to come back...

Anyone?

EDIT, side question: did they add an in-game shop? P2W?

i played 3 months also and checked it too after it went f2p. no point.

so i moved to rift. took raptr reward and with some friends and guild mates having great time already. by 12 of june goes f2p in a very good model, unlike swtor.

check it :)

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Manolios

So, played for 3 months after launch. Left due to the lack of content (2 or 3 raids, don't care about the PvP).

Came back a afew months ago when it went F2P, but seeing that it was unplayable (one skillbar, couldn't play my mains) and almost nothing new, I left after a few hours.

Really enjoyed the stories (imperial agent) and the PvE content (altho there was no easy group finder, so most of the time spent farming). 

Really, REALLY big SW fan, so please, give me a valid reason to pay to come back...

Anyone?

i played 3 months also and checked it too after it went f2p. no point.

so i moved to rift. took raptr reward and with some friends and guild mates having great time already. by 12 of june goes f2p in a very good model, unlike swtor.

check it :)

Rift's F2P model has P2W elements in it though , so nope SWTOR's model is fine for fluff , with the exception of the colour crystals and space parts.

Glad you came back OP , enjoy it , watch out for the gree event starting tomorrow :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I was not there at the start so I dont know what I am missing as a free player but so far I dont really see anything wrong with Star Wars Model. The only thing I dont like so far is that my recall skill has a cooldown of 2 hours vs 30 minutes for subscribers. I am only level 9 atm though so maybe its something that I have not gotten to yet?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Anyone?

If you are looking for someone to say: SWTOR has changed a lot, this is the long term game for you - nah. Changed yes but not that significantly.

If however you are looking for a reason to come back for a little while - maybe a month - then there has been some new content - mainly Makeb. $20 for non-subscribers, $10 for subscribers - so $25 for Makeb and a months sub.

Or you could  wait for 2.2 which is supposed to add some new content (although all announcements come with a "subject to change" warning even when the patch is only days away so ....) 

My thoughts anyway. Same as yours maybe.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

Very good game. Enjoyimage

Welcome back!. SWToR is a lot of fun especially when playing with friends and guild mates. 

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    riginally posted by Mannish
    I was not there at the start so I dont know what I am missing as a free player but so far I dont really see anything wrong with Star Wars Model. The only thing I dont like so far is that my recall skill has a cooldown of 2 hours vs 30 minutes for subscribers. I am only level 9 atm though so maybe its something that I have not gotten to yet?

There are 2 "major" annoyances for preferred players:

- credits limit of 350k - with the new feature, which lets you drop as much as 600k credits from your escrow in your account, this is not so bad anymore. Anything which costs millions has cosmetic value only anyway.

- Quick Travel (your "recall" skill) is 2 hours instead of 30min

All the rest can be bought with credits from the GTN. I play the game totally free now, not because i cannot afford a sub or because the game does not deserve a sub, but just because i can. There is NOTHING a subscriber gets which I would really "need" to make a sub worth it. I have farmed all the credits for my unlocks in 1 month (i was subbed for that 1 month, which is a good thing to do anyway - if you sub for 1 month and take expansion, it's 15$ sub and 10$ expansion, if you get the expansion as free to play, it's 20$ alone).

A weekly operations pass (access to raids for a week) would take you maybe 2 hours of questing at max level, even less if you have 1-2 spots to farm some chests / other stuff.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

one of swtors most hardcores fans is quitting,,not only swtor, but ALL computer gaming

he is moving to the Mountains, and making a "masters retreat"

apparently, he couldnt stop with the gambling boxes

i hate moneygrabs like that, sadly STO is doing the same

on the other side,,in the 5+ years, that i enjoyed WOW, i NEVER bought anything, except

the sub, and expansion boxes

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It sounds like OP is ONLY in it for end game content?

In that case i wouldn't play any game,i want a complete ride/journey as i play a game.Then if that journey was FUN,i would go back and enjoy it on a different class,you know play it from a different perspective.If you look well beyond the ride right through to Raiding,well geesh ,your thinking about 1% of a video game.

I was half decently enjoying the game, but was stopped by the level 20 restriction.I hear level cap is 50 now for free status.Up to 20 i saw no reason to actually pay,so i think that is your answer,go ahead and play it's free.

Now that i think about it,i might go back and continue past 20 since NW is just far too bland for me to enjoy anymore.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.