Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game no longer accessible. Great job, Bioware...

2»

Comments

  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,187
    I loaded on two computers, one with XP and one with Windows 7 and absolutely no issues at all.  I'm still not really playing though as I'm focused on single player games right now .

    There Is Always Hope!

  • ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

    I also recently fired up the game after a long break. Patched and ran fine. My only problem was trying to remember my "username".  Although... I did have trouble getting my lawnmower started right after patching. Damn you Bioware!

     

    . Best of luck though, I do hope you get it worked out. 

    Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,187
    Originally posted by GetzMango

     Although... I did have trouble getting my lawnmower started right after patching. Damn you Bioware!

     

    LOL hehe

    There Is Always Hope!

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,772
    What are we so new to MMOs we are bashing online - networking problems? This is the way of this type of game. It happens, grow up and get over yourself.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by simplius

    yup,,i have seen two othe mmos in even worse state, than this

    STO , back at launch

    and vanguard online

    STO bled 90% of the players, almost died, and went F2P

    AFAIK, vanguard is dead now? not sure

    i know, that mmos are hard to make,,and good mmos even harder

    but either , they dont,,or they just dont care

    STO has climbed back since F2P and Vanguard seems to be going undead o.O.

    Sadly VG is turning undead. I decided to reinstall it and check, and am wondering if I was the only player on the whole server...

    Back to topic... Uninstall SWTOR - game is not really worth to play longterm. I mean, when you've played all content once, why reroll? For the 'personal story' of the other class that is only 10% of the total game? IMO they should have made SWTOR a single-player game with co-op play...

  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by mrrshann618
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by mrrshann618

    Saw this thread. and thought "Really, I gotta see this" Went down to my computer, downloaded the patch, and I'm currently playing. I'm Sitting on Makeb right now.

    Brilliant. so now I see this thread as:

    "I'm a troll, I have no idea on how to troubleshoot my own computer and I'm going to blame that on the game because I want to!"

     

    Let me give another example. My wife just re-intalled Rift. Thanks to Raptr she has the expansion and is once again trying out the world. However She could not log into the game without disabling the anti-virus completely. I took a look at it. checked a few things and noticed that for some reason Rift has a problem with a very particular anti-virus program. SO I dug a bit more. Fixed the problem now she can log on just fine without disabling anything.

     

    Does this mean that Rift sucks because her computer had a problem with it? Does Rift suck because others also had the issue? OR we can actually look at the underlying issue and actually determine that it was the computer's setup and not blame the publisher?

     

    Gotta love how everyone else is to blame.

    Apparently it affected more players than just the OP. It was down to the 2.1 patch

    It is down to Bioware and not anti-virus software or whatever

    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638559

    From glancing through that thread it seems to be people using Windows XP. Dragons Prophet is not compatible with WIndows XP now, but that is from the get go, but is is a bit off making game incompatible with Windows XP without a bit of warning, especially if just renewed a sub, and even worse if it is as 12 month one, and can not afford Win 7 or Win 8 straight away

    Once again the publisher is to blame, specifically EA. NO OTHER game has had a patch gone wrong. I also never said that it was only the OP, I gave an example of the anti-virus issue as "one example" from a different game.

    But wait I forgot, in haters Eyes Bioware/EA is ALWAYS to blame.

     

    If you can afford a 12 month sub you can afford a software upgrade. If you cannot afford the upgrade due to hardware issues... well in many other thread people spout against f2p because "who cannot afford 15$ a month" Obviously everyone can afford to pay for subs, but when it comes to upgrading your own computer no on can. So which is it?

     

    maybe i can,,maybe i cant

    but trying to sell a mainstream product with extra inconveniences like that??

    THE NEW TOYOTA..THE CAR FOR THE MAN, WHO LIKES TO FIX CARS

    good luck

  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I actually enjoy SWTOR, but on the technical side of things, I have to agree that it's pretty shit. 
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by simplius

    yup,,i have seen two othe mmos in even worse state, than this

    STO , back at launch

    and vanguard online

    STO bled 90% of the players, almost died, and went F2P

    AFAIK, vanguard is dead now? not sure

    i know, that mmos are hard to make,,and good mmos even harder

    but either , they dont,,or they just dont care

    STO has climbed back since F2P and Vanguard seems to be going undead o.O.

    Sadly VG is turning undead. I decided to reinstall it and check, and am wondering if I was the only player on the whole server...

    Back to topic... Uninstall SWTOR - game is not really worth to play longterm. I mean, when you've played all content once, why reroll? For the 'personal story' of the other class that is only 10% of the total game? IMO they should have made SWTOR a single-player game with co-op play...

    an undead mmo? you might be on to something here,,several mmo players have disappeared in the last years

    as the vampire need blood, so does the mmo need its players

    im not taking any chances, better switch the bat signal on

     

  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by mrrshann618
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by mrrshann618

    Saw this thread. and thought "Really, I gotta see this" Went down to my computer, downloaded the patch, and I'm currently playing. I'm Sitting on Makeb right now.

    Brilliant. so now I see this thread as:

    "I'm a troll, I have no idea on how to troubleshoot my own computer and I'm going to blame that on the game because I want to!"

     

    Let me give another example. My wife just re-intalled Rift. Thanks to Raptr she has the expansion and is once again trying out the world. However She could not log into the game without disabling the anti-virus completely. I took a look at it. checked a few things and noticed that for some reason Rift has a problem with a very particular anti-virus program. SO I dug a bit more. Fixed the problem now she can log on just fine without disabling anything.

     

    Does this mean that Rift sucks because her computer had a problem with it? Does Rift suck because others also had the issue? OR we can actually look at the underlying issue and actually determine that it was the computer's setup and not blame the publisher?

     

    Gotta love how everyone else is to blame.

    Apparently it affected more players than just the OP. It was down to the 2.1 patch

    It is down to Bioware and not anti-virus software or whatever

    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638559

    From glancing through that thread it seems to be people using Windows XP. Dragons Prophet is not compatible with WIndows XP now, but that is from the get go, but is is a bit off making game incompatible with Windows XP without a bit of warning, especially if just renewed a sub, and even worse if it is as 12 month one, and can not afford Win 7 or Win 8 straight away

    Once again the publisher is to blame, specifically EA. NO OTHER game has had a patch gone wrong. I also never said that it was only the OP, I gave an example of the anti-virus issue as "one example" from a different game.

    But wait I forgot, in haters Eyes Bioware/EA is ALWAYS to blame.

     

    If you can afford a 12 month sub you can afford a software upgrade. If you cannot afford the upgrade due to hardware issues... well in many other thread people spout against f2p because "who cannot afford 15$ a month" Obviously everyone can afford to pay for subs, but when it comes to upgrading your own computer no on can. So which is it?

     

    It is quite possible not to have more money. People set aside a certain amount of money for varius things. With SWTOR being compatible with Win XP, they would not need to budget in an upgrade until early 2014 (when XP is said to be not supported but they said that last year for 2013, but got extended). Once that pool of money is gone it is gone, and may take a few months to get back. There could be PC problems but if the PC is old then would not take the chance but then that would be at the fault of the person budgeting their money and not EA. BW / EA could not do a change like this without advance warning, as people would then not spend it on 12 month sub, but get Win 7 or 8 and a monthy sub.

    Anyway it does not matter as it was a temporary fault by EA/BW - 2.1 caused a problem, and EA / BW patched it a couple of days later (not the OP or people who had problems or the anti virus people but EA/BW came up with the fix) - you missed the edit in previous post then and the other posts saying that the fault was down to EA/BW

     

  • Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by mrrshann618
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by mrrshann618

    Saw this thread. and thought "Really, I gotta see this" Went down to my computer, downloaded the patch, and I'm currently playing. I'm Sitting on Makeb right now.

    Brilliant. so now I see this thread as:

    "I'm a troll, I have no idea on how to troubleshoot my own computer and I'm going to blame that on the game because I want to!"

     

    Let me give another example. My wife just re-intalled Rift. Thanks to Raptr she has the expansion and is once again trying out the world. However She could not log into the game without disabling the anti-virus completely. I took a look at it. checked a few things and noticed that for some reason Rift has a problem with a very particular anti-virus program. SO I dug a bit more. Fixed the problem now she can log on just fine without disabling anything.

     

    Does this mean that Rift sucks because her computer had a problem with it? Does Rift suck because others also had the issue? OR we can actually look at the underlying issue and actually determine that it was the computer's setup and not blame the publisher?

     

    Gotta love how everyone else is to blame.

    oh,,so we all have to be computer Experts to play a mainstream mmo? how convenient

    apparently, Theres this new thing, called USER FRIENDLY

    if you really are the computer wiz , you claim to be, then you would know,, that certain

    CPU/Graphics/OS combos can make a certain game unplayable on that machine

    but unless you want to travel around the World, and troubleshoot for free,,there is a problem

     

    It had nothing to do about being an expert on anything other than google-fu. As the op stated he had scoured the forums and found that others had the problem, this also usually indicates that if the person were to "dig further" they would have found an answer. I never claimed to be an expert I only claimed to have "dug further". That does include looking for/at any published solutions.

    USER FRIENDLY does not mean universal acceptance, it means "most common factors covered" Key word is MOST. Plug-n-play is user friendly but it does not grant the greatest protection, you want better protection on a firewall it means you pony up and learn your system, or pay someone to do it for you.

    Learn how to troubleshoot your system - protip.

  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by mrrshann618
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by mrrshann618

    Saw this thread. and thought "Really, I gotta see this" Went down to my computer, downloaded the patch, and I'm currently playing. I'm Sitting on Makeb right now.

    Brilliant. so now I see this thread as:

    "I'm a troll, I have no idea on how to troubleshoot my own computer and I'm going to blame that on the game because I want to!"

     

    Let me give another example. My wife just re-intalled Rift. Thanks to Raptr she has the expansion and is once again trying out the world. However She could not log into the game without disabling the anti-virus completely. I took a look at it. checked a few things and noticed that for some reason Rift has a problem with a very particular anti-virus program. SO I dug a bit more. Fixed the problem now she can log on just fine without disabling anything.

     

    Does this mean that Rift sucks because her computer had a problem with it? Does Rift suck because others also had the issue? OR we can actually look at the underlying issue and actually determine that it was the computer's setup and not blame the publisher?

     

    Gotta love how everyone else is to blame.

    oh,,so we all have to be computer Experts to play a mainstream mmo? how convenient

    apparently, Theres this new thing, called USER FRIENDLY

    if you really are the computer wiz , you claim to be, then you would know,, that certain

    CPU/Graphics/OS combos can make a certain game unplayable on that machine

    but unless you want to travel around the World, and troubleshoot for free,,there is a problem

     

    It had nothing to do about being an expert on anything other than google-fu. As the op stated he had scoured the forums and found that others had the problem, this also usually indicates that if the person were to "dig further" they would have found an answer. I never claimed to be an expert I only claimed to have "dug further". That does include looking for/at any published solutions.

    USER FRIENDLY does not mean universal acceptance, it means "most common factors covered" Key word is MOST. Plug-n-play is user friendly but it does not grant the greatest protection, you want better protection on a firewall it means you pony up and learn your system, or pay someone to do it for you.

     Exactly. Learning how to use Google should be easy for anyone that passed elementary school. What people seem to lack is patience. They have a "I WANT IT NOW!!!" mentality. That means everything should work all the time(even though it never works that way) and any problems are automatically someone else's fault.

    One rule of thumb I always have is to shut everything off when playing games. Game booster is a good tool for that. It shuts down all programs that are running on your computer which can cause problems. Also if you are still using XP(god knows why) then you'll need to upgrade anyways because in 2014 Microsoft will no longer support it.

    Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

    so..if i pay for a product, i should just accept poor performance, and try to fix the problems myself?

    what a brilliant idea,,a sure way to make the producers make better products

    clearly, that line of thinking has brought os the MYRIAD of HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS,

    we have on our shelfes today

    its not , like ANYONE has gotten rich, by selling a cheap product, for a high Price

    and this game CERTAINLY is not in that category

Sign In or Register to comment.