Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted to like this game

13»

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by evilastro

Again, relying on the FOTM builds does not make the other ones unviable. I completed all the content in GW1 and got a full HoM. But keep pretending that the only way to play games is with FOTM builds. The difference between GW1 builds is that some were not considered optimal. Whereas in GW2 its just... oh god no, terrible.

Just because you can get a full HoM with a build it doesn't mean it is good. You can beat GW1 with an empty build.

You can finish GW2 with whatever build.

You are trying to use double standards.

And by the way builds that exist for years and have been the best for years aren't FOTM.

But be my guest and post some of your super sauce GW1 builds.

And by the way GW1 and GW2 aren't games where finishing is the optimal outcome, GW1&GW2 are games where finishing as fast as possible is the optimal outcome.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by wordiz
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    Originally posted by wordiz
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    It's funny how people think that endlessly farming the same raids over and over is a meaningful end game.

But somehow the dungeons in GW2 that people farm are different? Other than the fact that you get shit for rewards, there's no class roles or strategy, and there's far fewer options than most other games on the market. You're right...it wasn't a meaningful end game...that's why people quit.

and I said I favour grinding GW2 dungeons where ? Every game has finite content and fun ends somewhere. Finish the content, replay what you liked and move on. Anyone who is not a MMORPG junkie does. Raiding and dungeons...grind for 1 % stat difference. I really hope you find games fun from other reasons.

The closest you can get to replayable and fun is in a sandbox environment with player generated content and possibly with some procedurally generated content. This is obviously is not for everyone. You simply expect too much from a plot driven game. Making content takes much more time then playing it through.

Once again, a regurgitation of the dev's selling points of the game. The fact there is no gear grind. As if everyone and their mom hasn't heard it already. Notice how you ignore the other two points (highlighted).

So you bought a product with specific sale points and you complain it doesn't address your other needs ? It's like buying a banana and complain that it's not round and it doesn't taste of orange. Please...

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Just a note regarding Ori nodes... there are still just as many as there were at start. They move however on a regular basis to confuse those who would bot. The only "removal" I've seen is the Rich Ori node by the champion Karka. That's now a regular ori node due to farming abuse.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Prepared 

I agree 150% with everything you have stated here.  Additionally, the company that makes the game, ArenaNet has no integrity in the gaming industry.  I would not recommend anyone play any of their games either now nor in the future.  The company gladly takes your money for a game which lacks end game content.

Never generalize. I'm giving 10€ or 20€ depending on my mood to ANet every month for GW2, not because I must, but because I support a game I enjoy, and I feel I get more for my money than any of those WoW clones with that lame end game consisting in endlessly farming raids.

I find myself spending 2x as much to play GW2 as I did WoW. Do I need to? No. Do I want to? Yes. Why? Because I enjoy the game , it's on my terms and it's my choice to do so.  I also do it at my discretion, Not on the 15th of every month or I don't get to play. So when the Jeep needs to go to the shop for a break job, I can forgo my 30 bucks worth of gems and still play that month.

EDIT:

All those who bought the game thinking they would never have to spend another dime to play an online MMO and who are no complaining because they feel RNG is stacked against them........What did you expect? a free lunch?

If everything came so easily in this game, the game would cease to exist. How on earth would ANET be able to fund this game if no one had to buy gems? If gold was so easy to come by, that's exactly what would happen.  So yeah, if you don't buy gems, you get to play. But yeah, it's a little harder, (even then, it's still not really that hard to earn gold).

I'd rather be fighting against RNG in the game than deal with P2W cash shops.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Body blocking - you can not walk through someone you are fighting with.

Projectile trajectory - arrows, bullets, magic projectiles will hit the first object they enter in contact with. It also means you evaded them by just moving out of the way.

Additionally melee weapons to hit need to contact with the enemy hit box - in games like WoW you just need to be in range to press the attack button and then can run away and the swing at nothing will still do damage.

This also allows to hit enemies that aren't targeted or swinging at nothing.

Then you have eye candy.

Plants will have animation when you walk through them or shoot something.

Breasts physics.

You can search youtube videos for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_zMPcT2jgc

What's sad is that this is what the WoW people are complaining about. They are not used to a realistic action combat xD

And to support  @GreezeGamer';s thesis I did a fairy simple test. I farmed 100g in a week, no marketplace whatsoever. Playing the market resulted in a lot more but yes, it has risks, I once halved my 100g but then again you are not required to pay! I usually pay for trinkets to make me look cool/different, beside the colors and skins :) 

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by andre369

Hey there. Probably many people are in the same boat as me. I played since beta untill like december with a couple of breaks. Came back around end of january and pretty much just did dalies plus some random dungeon/fractals. But got bored and didn't come back untill THE BOX which was awesome, way more fun than playing the actual game. 

Why you ask? Well it didn't feel like a prison, yes, that is what GW2 feels like to me. A prison, you'r not supposed to be able to farm, dungeon rewards decrease if you do it more than once a day, mining nodes gets removed cause people farmed them(We all know it was more ori nodes at launch). Oh, and lets not forget the loot, this has to be the worst loot system in any game ever. 

Here is my advice to you: alts. I personally have 11 (crazy), but you can do A LOT with just 5. You get the same reward in each dungeon once per day PER CHARACTER. So, if you do AC Path 1 twice on once character, you will get lower rewards...but if you do it once on two separate characters, you get full rewards. I will agree that the risk vs. reward system is entirely screwy in GW2...while there are some pretty awesome battles, you get the *almost* IDENTICAL loot tables for a regular mob as you get with a veteran...champions are mostly a waste of time loot wise (but I have fun soloing them :D) There REALLY needs to be unique items that only drop from certain champions, preferably from lower level zones, and preferably only if you are level 80 to incentivise going back to earlier zones.

I remember back when I played Aion and there were certain items quite alot of them that were quite expensive that would drop here and total RNG ofc. But it was a chance to get some loot that would make you'r income for the day be more than a week from just leveling. 

What do we have in GW2? Precursors with a 0.0001% drop rate and about 20-30 gold items which most are worth 0,8- 2gold and like 5 that are worth 4-9g. 

Precursors are a problem that should be addressed with the scavenger hunt...but admittedly, we need some news DESPERATELY on how it's coming along.

So, why would you farm events for items that you get very rarely and when you think about it, oh I could just have done CoF a few times and I would make that gold 10x faster. 

It's just the crappiest loot system I've ever experienced, "Oh I got a gold after 5 hours,  w/e it's only worth a few gold"

And lets not forget about the hidden "Anti bot " loot system, it's just funny how you get more loot the first few hours you play than the next 10. 

This whole post will probably sound like a hate thread to some, but I really wanted to like GW2, but it just feels like a prison. Thats how I feel when I play the game. it's like the game is working against me so I get frustrated enough to buy gems. 

Another very big let down is the skill system, I don't know why the even call it Guild Wars 2... This is one of the main reasons I got bored, In GW1 you had the option of making countless builds and here... you pretty much can count them on one hand. 

This I can't agree with. Tell me your class(es) and I will give you at LEAST 4 builds that are completely viable for PvE and more for WvW and PvP. The issue is that, with most profitable encounters (aka CoF P1, World Bosses, and Orr), DPS reigns supreme. There are some VERY enjoyable fights (Lupi, Subject Alpha, Champions, Some Guild Mission Bosses), but in the end, they are not as profitable as others. But seriously, if you need some DPS, control, or support builds that actually work, send me a PM. GW1 was a nightmare to balance and I'm glad that they don't have to deal with all those skills (1300+!!!)...We need more healing skill and elite skill variety, though.

One more thing is the horrible optimization... I can play Far Cry 3, Crysis , BF3 all on pretty much max settings, but in GW2 even with the lowest graphics and lowest resolution I get lag spikes whenever I enter a new area/ around a corner. 

What are your specs? I've heard some people have issues with the 600series nVidia cards, but I think there was a patch for it...lag can also be related to your internet connection.

TL;DR; The game works against you whatever you want to do, bad optimization, next to zero different builds that are VIABLE. 

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

As a fan of Gw2 I think they just thew dust in people's eyes about the scav hunt for many reasons.

1) Mainly, everybody wants the legendary weapons but only a few sit and farm for it.

2) IT IS main source of revenue (people buying gems converting them to gold) 

3) Implementing a casual scavenger hunt which would be destroyed by with Wiki's would turn the game into everyone and everyone's alts having a legendary - It won't be all that legendary would it. 

4) In a world where everybody has legendary (which will always and forever has the higher stat) the new weapons that might be added will be obsolete

Most of the time I prefer my vision of the mists than the sunrise to be honest...

• pauljr94132pauljr94132 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by andre369

Hey there. Probably many people are in the same boat as me. I played since beta untill like december with a couple of breaks. Came back around end of january and pretty much just did dalies plus some random dungeon/fractals. But got bored and didn't come back untill THE BOX which was awesome, way more fun than playing the actual game. 

Why you ask? Well it didn't feel like a prison, yes, that is what GW2 feels like to me. A prison, you'r not supposed to be able to farm, dungeon rewards decrease if you do it more than once a day, mining nodes gets removed cause people farmed them(We all know it was more ori nodes at launch). Oh, and lets not forget the loot, this has to be the worst loot system in any game ever. 

I remember back when I played Aion and there were certain items quite alot of them that were quite expensive that would drop here and total RNG ofc. But it was a chance to get some loot that would make you'r income for the day be more than a week from just leveling. 

What do we have in GW2? Precursors with a 0.0001% drop rate and about 20-30 gold items which most are worth 0,8- 2gold and like 5 that are worth 4-9g. 

So, why would you farm events for items that you get very rarely and when you think about it, oh I could just have done CoF a few times and I would make that gold 10x faster. 

It's just the crappiest loot system I've ever experienced, "Oh I got a gold after 5 hours,  w/e it's only worth a few gold"

And lets not forget about the hidden "Anti bot " loot system, it's just funny how you get more loot the first few hours you play than the next 10. 

This whole post will probably sound like a hate thread to some, but I really wanted to like GW2, but it just feels like a prison. Thats how I feel when I play the game. it's like the game is working against me so I get frustrated enough to buy gems. 

Another very big let down is the skill system, I don't know why the even call it Guild Wars 2... This is one of the main reasons I got bored, In GW1 you had the option of making countless builds and here... you pretty much can count them on one hand. 

One more thing is the horrible optimization... I can play Far Cry 3, Crysis , BF3 all on pretty much max settings, but in GW2 even with the lowest graphics and lowest resolution I get lag spikes whenever I enter a new area/ around a corner. 

TL;DR; The game works against you whatever you want to do, bad optimization, next to zero different builds that are VIABLE. 

people like you should look up games like mmo's on youtube first then if you like the game play or what not then buy it u just wasted $59.99+tax to whine about a game that u dont like if u want something truely to play go play maple story