Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just stoped playing because of vip

2»

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I consider xp potions to push the bounds, so of course I see this as p2w.  Hey if 10% is worth paying for, lets now introduce a 20% tier!  No thanks. 

Anything more than cosmetic or content is crap imo.  A company has to make money, but I find these type of cash shops in poor taste.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    The HP and Speed buff make it a non-starter.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Seilan
    Originally posted by melenone
    Then buy vip and pay for a game for once.

I don't have a problem paying a sub for a game if it's worth it, and in fact, I normally play sub based games because they're typically higher quality. This isn't about paying or not paying, it's about a game using a model that basically defines pay to win. You either pay, or you play at a seemingly large disadvantage. Whether that bothers someone or not, is an entirely different story.

I just think if they're going to advertise as "free to play" they shouldn't degrade character strength for those who don't pay. It's not the best way to entice people to play your game. There are plenty of lucrative designs for F2P models that don't involve stat manipulation.

that statement is 2 years old so to speak " so last season " you need to change your mainframe toughts of quality in mmos since there is not going to be sub based mmos anymore.

but with vip status on this you are paying for winning and have advantage towards others who dont pay the vip.

pay to win simply means you are paying your winning = finishing game with real money wich you otherwise should need to work as means just play the game default.

• asimoxasimox Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Soltek
    Originally posted by Keitaro333
    Originally posted by colddog04

So then is paying a sub to WoW P2W? If you don't pay to play, you are at 100% disadvantage because you can't play at all.

You cant win if you dont play. You also cant lose. So, no.

P2W is when you do play a competitive game but play by stricter rules until you pay, which in turn makes you more likely to... surprise surprise, win, over those who dont pay.

See the chess analogy made before.

If you'd be paying an entry fee to a chess tournament, thats like P2P / B2P. If you then could pay extra to buy more or stronger pieces than the opponent, that would be P2W. Not to mention retarded.

Aren't all F2P games P2W?

NO. For example Star Trek online. You can earn cash shop currency by trading with in game currency. Sure you have to do extra quests to earn the extra currency, but a pure free player can get anything in game that a 'cash' player can; it just takes longer. Although I haven't played this game, it sounds like the ONLY way to get the advantage is to pay. Also the advantage granted is not cute fashion or a faster mount... nice items that don't really give any advantage other than bragging rights that support many F2p games without making them pay to win... the purchased option grants a clear advantage for the player paying. I really don't understand how this isn't clear, the advantage makes pvp frustrating at best for free players. For a free player to beat a vip at pvp the vip would have to be a pvp noob.

For the argument that leveling to max = win... what do you do when you hit max level? Make a new character? Quit the game?  Most game models allow for pvp and/or end game raids. For pvp, you would just lose 90% of the time as a free player. As far as end game raids, I am willing to bet that every raid leader would rather fill his raid with all vips rather than use the 'weaker' free players. Either way, the vip still has a clear advantage over the free player. Only a player that only plays solo would not be handicapped by this model. If your one of  those players, I have always wondered, what exactly is the point of playing an MMO solo anyway?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but i'm not sure that you realize that what you thought you heard, is not what I meant.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

VIP or prenium does not = f2p. You don't play coz you're broke. I don't play coz i prefer ragnarok 1, but i don't play this either since i play better games.

But yeah, VIP and prenium does not = f2p, It's just an infinit trial period. They did it for wow, mortal online and some more. It's nothing you. They call it F2P because thse 3 letters in harmony raise highbrows. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    Originally posted by Seilan
    Originally posted by melenone
    Then buy vip and pay for a game for once.

I don't have a problem paying a sub for a game if it's worth it, and in fact, I normally play sub based games because they're typically higher quality. This isn't about paying or not paying, it's about a game using a model that basically defines pay to win. You either pay, or you play at a seemingly large disadvantage. Whether that bothers someone or not, is an entirely different story.

I just think if they're going to advertise as "free to play" they shouldn't degrade character strength for those who don't pay. It's not the best way to entice people to play your game. There are plenty of lucrative designs for F2P models that don't involve stat manipulation.

that statement is 2 years old so to speak " so last season " you need to change your mainframe toughts of quality in mmos since there is not going to be sub based mmos anymore.

but with vip status on this you are paying for winning and have advantage towards others who dont pay the vip.

pay to win simply means you are paying your winning = finishing game with real money wich you otherwise should need to work as means just play the game default.

That's funny considering that some of the biggest AAA contenders that have been coming out/will be coming out soon are going with a sub model.