Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing for Free.

Can you play for free or is the equipment limitation too restrictive?   I don't really want to pay a monthly fee but wish to enjoy the game.   However, I can't see myself being desired for endgame raids/dungeons with gear limitations, anyone care to comment?

Thanks.

Comments

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

You don't have to sub, you can buy unlockers off the in-game exchange for relatively cheap.

Edit: For game currency, not cash.

That said, the gear restriction isn't really all that bad. You won't be at much of a disadvantage. The only time it will really matter is if you intend to start raiding a lot at higher level. Pretty much all raid gear will need unlocked, and is needed for the higher end stuff. Short of that though, you should be fine.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Dirkin

You don't have to sub, you can buy unlockers off the in-game exchange for relatively cheap.

That said, the gear restriction isn't really all that bad. You won't be at much of a disadvantage. The only time it will really matter is if you intend to start raiding a lot at higher level. Pretty much all raid gear will need unlocked, and is needed for the higher end stuff. Short of that though, you should be fine.

But you can still buy unlockers for raid gear with in-game currency?   Or no?

Also, is there an RP server?

Thanks for the help, btw

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

There is only one server left and its like 9 bucks a month for a sub.

Well worth the sub even better if you can get 1 or 2 players to start with you.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by varrius
    Originally posted by Dirkin

But you can still buy unlockers for raid gear with in-game currency?   Or no?

Also, is there an RP server?

Thanks for the help, btw

You can buy Station Cash off other players (in the form of cards) in most SoE MMOs. So in a way, yes. I dont think Vanguard has this as much as EQ2 though. If you havent started playing yet, it will be months and months before you get to endgame and have to worry about gear unlocks.

There is only one server left. There is an active RP community though.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    Does everyone in this thread still play?
  • 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

I still play from time to time

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

I play pretty much every day, missing a few here and there.

As for the unlockers, if you buy them off the station shop, you have pay station cash, but if you buy them off the exchange you're basically buying them for in-game currency from other people.