Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trions sign up for ArcheAge info page is up.

2»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by JuggernaughtMan
    Originally posted by Dahkoht
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Three moinths Trion has had this game.ZERO marketing,i have never seen a publisher work that slow before.

My Skeptical side tells me they only went after this to keep another publisher from marketing it verus their own game Defiance.

Obviously the translation is being worked on and also some charactrer custoimization as well.I hope that doesn't mean tatoos,colors and sliders for size,i would like to see in depth customization of RACE and Class.

I also hope there is a REAL BEtA,not these fake weekend events and immediate release i have been seeing from games of late.

I definitely do not like the way a player can go from swimming to gliding out of the water,very unrealistic.So i hope Trion is actually taking feedback because we need to see if any other out of place ideas like gliding out of water are in there.I am VERY skeptical,i doubt anything will change at all ,once the BEta phase starts.

Personally I'm hoping for mainly good translations and that's it , I don't want them "westernizing" it that much nor changing the ArcheAge game I've been following in the Korean version for a long time now.

I like the game as in in Korea and hope Trion isn't allowed to dumb it down/easy mode. 

I seriously doubt that they will be changing any game mechanics of any importance  , which is a good thing to me.

Exactly. Western MMOs haven't exactly been doing much in the way of better design so I think "westernizing" game systems is the last thing we should want, personally speaking. The way the game is shaping up now is how it should continue. It has a few issues but they are very easily fixable.

The LAST thing I want to see is the reduction or lessening of the sandbox elements currently at the core of the game. And its a good thing Trion is publishing for NA because most of us are quite aware of their quality.

So whats your idea of these "design" innovations coming out of the east?  Fancy cloths?  Big Swords?  Bigger boobs?  Cutier children? Bigger spell effects?  Nothing but trash and flash is what I see.  Ill take any western MMO over any eastern MMO any day of hte week.  And dont mention Tera's targeting system, DDO had it light years before them.  Nothing happening yet that interests me.

Realy what about Archeage and its building houses, farms, sandbox pvp, gliding, building ships and becoming a pirate, classless system...

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by ghoul31
    Originally posted by JuggernaughtMan

...and the combination of themepark and sandbox IMO, is brilliant.

I don't see the point of combining sandbox and themepark.

Make a really good sandbox, or a really good themepark.'

Don't make a half assed version of both.

I think it can work as both.. It just all depends on how well they make it. 

(thats my 2 cents)

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Thanks OP.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What the heck ,seems like most posters miss the point entirely and turned this thread into a Western versus Eastern styled game or like i inspired changes to make it that way.

For those that are praising Trion ,it was TRION that wanted the changes not me not Archeage.

I personally don't care what a game does so long it does it well,i don't lable it eastern or western .

My two fave rpg's are FFXI and EQ2 both from opposite ends of the world,i don't play favortism.

What does concern me is Trion went ahead without taking any feedback and is already changing the game.That is what Beta is for ,Trion is treating this like they are getting ready for release.They diodn't even need a Beta,they coud lhave simply asked the forums for theri feedback on character changes,they chose not to include the gamers,see the problem now?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by itchmon

Three moinths Trion has had this game.ZERO marketing,i have never seen a publisher work that slow before.

My Skeptical side tells me they only went after this to keep another publisher from marketing it verus their own game Defiance.

i dont think those two games are aiming at the same audience at all.

Defiance // PS2  and Archeage // Eve // Darkfall seem lore like the competitions we will be following.

It's not really about audience anymore,gamers will try anything that is fun,it doesn;t have to fall into one area.I would bet the majority of gamers have tried games outside of rpg's.

This is also why you hear so many develoeprs tel lyou they are not makingthe game for one particular type of gamer,they are trying to get any customer they can.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Given the disappointment that is Defiance, I can't tell you how sad I am to see that Trion is the publisher for this game in the West. They bit off way more than they could chew when they were awarded the MMO tie in for the Defiance TV show, I just don't know how they are going to manage localizing and running a game as vast as Archeage.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I wasn't aware.  Now I'm signed up, thanks for sharing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

What the heck ,seems like most posters miss the point entirely and turned this thread into a Western versus Eastern styled game or like i inspired changes to make it that way.

Heh thanks for that, I was only trying to inform those who might have been like me and missed Trions little sign up page not start a war =p

And while I am here seems the Chinese beta hosted by Tencent starts on the 22nd of May. Game is going to be f2p/p2p mix in china and I think I saw an article on its f2p not being to painful. I think it said you can also purchase smaller blocks of time than 30 days which I hope is true and translates to the west somehow.

Here is the Chinese beta trailer.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/16/archeage-chinese-beta-trailer-impresses/