Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Live Stream - 720p @60FPS - Come check it out!

Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Hey guys I am streaming DUST 514 for the day.  If you want to check it out come on by and take a look.  Ask any questions you like.

Full Sail University - Game Design

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Just as a side question, does anyone know if Dust will ever go to the PC? Im all thumbs when it comes to console shooters.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Just as a side question, does anyone know if Dust will ever go to the PC? Im all thumbs when it comes to console shooters.

DUST514 has native USB keyboard and mouse support, so no. There's no need for a PC-version as it plays allready like on a PC.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Yalexy

DUST514 has native USB keyboard and mouse support, so no. There's no need for a PC-version as it plays allready like on a PC.

I realize that you can set it up with keyboard and mouse on your console, i just dont want to spend the extra cash to do so. Not to mention that not all blue tooth headsets are compatible with the console or the game. Bringing it to the PC would make more sense for ease of use. Anyway Not trying to steal the topic was just curious if they would ever bring it to the PC.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by Yalexy   Originally posted by Wakygreek Just as a side question, does anyone know if Dust will ever go to the PC? Im all thumbs when it comes to console shooters.
    I realize that you can set it up with keyboard and mouse on your console, i just dont want to spend the extra cash to do so. Not to mention that not all blue tooth headsets are compatible with the console or the game. Bringing it to the PC would make more sense for ease of use. Anyway Not trying to steal the topic was just curious if they would ever bring it to the PC.

Nope. Will never be released for PC. Ever.

Reasons range from hacking being rampant on PC to unified hardware on consoles making a shooter a level playingground. All stated by CCP several times.

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Originally posted by Wakygreek Just as a side question, does anyone know if Dust will ever go to the PC? Im all thumbs when it comes to console shooters.

Nope. Will never be released for PC. Ever.

Reasons range from hacking being rampant on PC to unified hardware on consoles making a shooter a level playingground. All stated by CCP several times.

False statement.

CCP is under agreement with Sony for the next 6 months.  In that timeframe they cannot release the game to any other platform.    Once their contract with Sony is over they can choose to do anything they want with the game.  Now in saying that will the game get a PC release?  Doubtful.  The Console users would get rick-rolled by the PC users.  

Best we can hope for is a PS4 / Xbox 720(?) release.  

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572
    Stream is live once more!