Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying it again

MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

I have just downloaded the game and jumped back in on a new account (can't rmemeber any details from old one). 

Last time I played (immediately after launch) I remember it getting quite grindy after level 20 or so?  Has this improved?  I noticed there is a fast track server which should alleviate some of these concerns.  

Comments

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    It's so easy to level from 1-60 now that even a completely beginner can do it in 2-3 weeks.   Use the Fast Track server when available, as it gives 2x exp.   At launch you ran out of quests for each level and had to grind the rest of the bar but now if you just do the campaigns and instances you'll end up leveling past 90% of your quests.    
  • ElmollElmoll Member Posts: 11
    Is there any new updates of the game then? i am wondering how the game is going and if it's worth to try
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Aion died when they ruined rifting, and have laid waste to any open world PvP. There's at least SOME but the biggest problem is how they made it a PvE grind to gain PvP gear. Makes no sense and its quite possibly the dumbest idea ever. Not to mention, the gear disparity can be ridiculous. 

If you don't got PvP gear, don't even bother, you'll get 2 shot without a problem.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Elmoll
    Is there any new updates of the game then? i am wondering how the game is going and if it's worth to try

the game is the most played mmo in asia so u can be sure they release at least 2 bigger patches every year. next big patch will be aion 4.0. u can read about that on the ncsoft site.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Elmoll

oh it's definitely worth a try. There have been a lot of updates and a huge one coming in June with two new classes.

if you want to "catch up" play on the fast track server (which you pick from a menu once in game).

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    The game is definitely worth playing. As others said, it is very easy to level up now. The difficult thing is to get end game gear. There are big changes coming with 4.0 and with every patch so the game is very active. Go for it!
  • BloortBloort Member Posts: 6
    What I miss about this game is the aerial battle. u start to realize you're just doing the same thing over and over and over and it gets so awfully repetitious. Graphics in this game are SUPERB though.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

I have just downloaded the game and jumped back in on a new account (can't rmemeber any details from old one). 

Last time I played (immediately after launch) I remember it getting quite grindy after level 20 or so?  Has this improved?  I noticed there is a fast track server which should alleviate some of these concerns.  

I actually never found the game 'grindy', until I had to farm for bloods ofc, but last time I played (at F2P launch) the XP was fast and easy. We probably have different defintions of 'fast and easy ' though.

It can be harsh starting a gear based PvP game this late in it's life though, so good luck :)

Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

I actually never found the game 'grindy', until I had to farm for bloods ofc, but last time I played (at F2P launch) the XP was fast and easy. We probably have different defintions of 'fast and easy ' though.

It can be harsh starting a gear based PvP game this late in it's life though, so good luck :)

They've actually made it a lot easier to get geared for PvP in 3.0 and it'll be even easier in 4.0.   From what I've read in the news from Korea, you can pretty much get a basic set of L65 PvP gear in a few weeks of doing dailies.   You can get a pvp weapon that's 95% as good as the best pvp weapon just by doing daily quests too.   So a brand new player could start and level to 65 in less than a month and then get adequately geared for pvp in another month playing semi-casually.   

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    I am going to go back and give it another try, as well.  It is funny how it is so huge in Asia and yet the population is so low here in the NA region.  It is also strange that some of their decisions seem to defy logic, such as nerfing certain PVP elements such as rifting to almost nothing, rather than focusing on how it is being abused.  This game has always had a lot of potential, but is hampered by inexplicable decisions and an apparent complete lack of listening to the players.  I don't know, I suppose the push and pull from Asian to NA might be exactly opposite, complicating the matter.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

Originally posted by Raventree
    I am going to go back and give it another try, as well.  It is funny how it is so huge in Asia and yet the population is so low here in the NA region.  It is also strange that some of their decisions seem to defy logic, such as nerfing certain PVP elements such as rifting to almost nothing, rather than focusing on how it is being abused.  This game has always had a lot of potential, but is hampered by inexplicable decisions and an apparent complete lack of listening to the players.  I don't know, I suppose the push and pull from Asian to NA might be exactly opposite, complicating the matter.

They actually listened to the Korean player base for those decisions.   They also never intended rifting to be used in such a manner since they originally wanted everyone to be doing pvp in the end game pvp zones, not making level 30/40 twinks and ganking newbies.   Fast track server was also added to address those concerns.  

The NA server actually fought to keep rifts open half the time, which was why for a while rifts were open every other week.   

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by EvilestTwin

They actually listened to the Korean player base for those decisions.   They also never intended rifting to be used in such a manner since they originally wanted everyone to be doing pvp in the end game pvp zones, not making level 30/40 twinks and ganking newbies.   Fast track server was also added to address those concerns.  

The NA server actually fought to keep rifts open half the time, which was why for a while rifts were open every other week.   

It is pretty pathetic that players first option always seems to be to kill other players in the most unfair way the game will allow. Instead of PVPing at max level or against the same level of players, there is always a large group of people that gank lowbies with high level chars or at the very least make level 40 twinks in level 30 zones and run around ganking people who could never kill them.  I guess that is why we can't have nice things.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• DiathonDiathon Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by EvilestTwin

The game would be a huge hit here if they split off and had an actual NA Dev team. They only listen to Korean players and you will never hear anything from an actual developer of the game because of how much money they're making from Asians.

I loved the game, played it since it was in Chinese Open Beta until a few months ago. It is visually superb and I actually liked most things about it except for PvEing for PvP gear and the death of rifting. The complete disregard for anything NA players say, no matter how many of them say it, is what destroyed the game for me. You can only be ignored for so long.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    How big of a role do the pets play? I remember before I left the game it seemed as if having a pet would be mandatory.