Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celestial coins reset after 24 hours?

2»

Comments

• theerminetheermine Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    It rewards people for being dedicated and loyal players. Its not even items you "need" just a little incentive. Whats wrong witht that? Plus its not hard to take 5 mins to log in, pray, log out. If you can't find 5 mins in your EXTREMELY BUSY life then thats just unfortunate.

I travel a lot and it's not uncommon for me to be away and unable to login to a game each and every day.

Besides, I have no problem with them giving incentives to play the game.. They gain nothing by forcing us to login even for a second to pray. Nothing.. So, why have the restriction? I can understand capping it at 7 but, taking them away when you fail to login for a day or so? It's just stupid.

I'm not mad though, I'm glad I figured out I hate the game sooner rather then later when I would have inevitably forked out loads in the cash shop. Their loss, not mine.

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51
     Its not as if you can get anything good for them anyway.
  • thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    I've played mmos where you're rewarded for logging in. That's different than taking something.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

So this thread is about people feeling entitled for free money to stay on their account and not expire when it was said from the beginning it would? Also invoking everyday once would take 5 maybe 10 min to do so moot point about people complaining about having to.

I feel this thread is filled with the same people who cried about losing xp on death in old MMOs and now we get rollercoaster themeparks were the only thing lost on death is time.

• DiathonDiathon Member Posts: 18

If it was Ardent Coins, I'd be upset considering how many you need to buy some of the things and how influential those items will be. You get a max of 7 coins and if you need to go on vacation or your computer breaks all you missed out on was some potions or profession kit that you can buy off the AH anyway.

I'm one of those people that's just playing this game until W* comes out so I don't particularly care what they do tbh. I log in to PvP a bit, chat with some other guys from Team Legacy who are playing NW during the wait for W*, and to collect my profession task rewards and start new ones. This is not a AAA game and it's not something I would have ever considered playing (even F2P) if not for some TL members using it to pass the time instead of checking WildStar Central every 5 minutes.

To the post above me. I'm completely against losing xp on death because it allows level-locking twinks. Armor breaking, reduced stats for a few minutes, or a long run back to wherever you came from is more than enough.

Originally posted by Diathon

If it was Ardent Coins, I'd be upset considering how many you need to buy some of the things and how influential those items will be. You get a max of 7 coins and if you need to go on vacation or your computer breaks all you missed out on was some potions or profession kit that you can buy off the AH anyway.

I'm one of those people that's just playing this game until W* comes out so I don't particularly care what they do tbh. I log in to PvP a bit, chat with some other guys from Team Legacy who are playing NW during the wait for W*, and to collect my profession task rewards and start new ones. This is not a AAA game and it's not something I would have ever considered playing (even F2P) if not for some TL members using it to pass the time instead of checking WildStar Central every 5 minutes.

To the post above me. I'm completely against losing xp on death because it allows level-locking twinks. Armor breaking, reduced stats for a few minutes, or a long run back to wherever you came from is more than enough.

Then you're not really playing MMORPGs, you're playing MMOGs but that's besides the point of the thread.

Ardent coins would've been painful to lose ( 360 of those boys will get you a friggin angel in NWO, that's what I am playing towards XD that and blowing off steam from WoT when there's a special).

Originally posted by Dihoru

Then you're not really playing MMORPGs, you're playing MMOGs but that's besides the point of the thread.

Ardent coins would've been painful to lose ( 360 of those boys will get you a friggin angel in NWO, that's what I am playing towards XD that and blowing off steam from WoT when there's a special).

I don't understand the distinction. You can RP in any game if you choose to. Personally, I never have, but that's because I'm not interested in that sort of thing.

Don't understand why people are up in arms about needing to take 5 min to log in and "Ctrl+i" to keep their (max of 7) Celestial Coins. Few potions or a prof pack. Nothing truly game changing. What's the problem exactly?

I don't understand the distinction. You can RP in any game if you choose to. Personally, I never have, but that's because I'm not interested in that sort of thing.

Don't understand why people are up in arms about needing to take 5 min to log in and "Ctrl+i" to keep their (max of 7) Celestial Coins. Few potions or a prof pack. Nothing truly game changing. What's the problem exactly?

Yes but almost all modern PC RPGs are based on the D&D system, what happened upon group wipe in a PnP game? (most of the time).

Yes but almost all modern PC RPGs are based on the D&D system, what happened upon group wipe in a PnP game? (most of the time).

You lost and started over. PnP games were for a very small niche of people, required a level of dedication that most people (myself included tbh) aren't prepared to spend on a game, and weren't part of a persistent world of (hopefully) millions of people.

You can make challenging content with a relaxed death penalty (DP), challenging content with a strict DP, easy content with a relaxed DP, or easy content with a strict DP. One of those models will appeal to a broader audience of people.

No one wants to work for months to get geared for a raid, die at the boss and have to make a new character. Either they'd have to make gear really easy to get so people can get back into the game or they'd have to make content easy so that the chances of dying were really low.

Casuals make up the bulk of any MMO and PnP is/was not casual friendly imo. Just like having to log in everyday to pray isn't exactly casual friendly, but you're not losing a piece of gear for everyday you don't log in. Just some pots/prof kits.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Compared with other other issues this game has, this should be the least of people's worries.

The afk pvp situation has just been replaced by players advertising to join their "losing" pvp group, meaning they jump around a bit to avoid an afk kick but don't do much else. It's still one of the highest xp returns in the game which is why people farm it.

End dungeons are still being exploited.

Players who exploited the Foundry farming to lvl in a day are still in the game.

The economy for pvp currency and end gear items has been significantly skewed by these game exploits.

For the sheer significance and scale of game impacting exploits and bugs, I rate the launch - (which it is with cash shop and no wipe) - as one of the worst in recent years.

I feel that the game will take time to recover, but for this to happen the end game exploits at least will have to be removed now. At the moment the game is gaining an unenviable name for itself - which in this market is a notoriously hard thing to change.  

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Compared with other other issues this game has, this should be the least of people's worries.

The afk pvp situation has just been replaced by players advertising to join their "losing" pvp group, meaning they jump around a bit to avoid an afk kick but don't do much else. It's still one of the highest xp returns in the game which is why people farm it.

End dungeons are still being exploited.

Players who exploited the Foundry farming to lvl in a day are still in the game.

The economy for pvp currency and end gear items has been significantly skewed by these game exploits.

For the sheer significance and scale of game impacting exploits and bugs, I rate the launch - (which it is with cash shop and no wipe) - as one of the worst in recent years.

I feel that the game will take time to recover, but for this to happen the end game exploits at least will have to be removed now. At the moment the game is gaining an unenviable name for itself - which in this market is a notoriously hard thing to change.  

At least you don't lose xp when you die. I shudder to think of the Guardian Fighters in the level 38 epics with level 60 stats that are STILL for sale on the AH from bugged T1s. If I had actually wanted to seriously play this game though, I'd leave and come back in a few months. As it stands, it can still be fun for a group of people. DO NOT PUG though. The community is terrible overall atm.