Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by blacksac
    Originally posted by Fadeus
    The weather pic is impressive. Hhowever any hope this game had of interesting me went down the toilet when I got the email saying for $70 friggin bucks I can get into SoG.

SOG is FREE to ALL from Dec 05 to April 06

$60 is the early pre-order for DnL in April 06, that gives the early adopters some unique benefits

And you don't find $60 a bit rediculous for a pre-order?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• KorlenKorlen Member Posts: 21

If he doesn't i do, as in canadian dollars that is $71.34!! ::::12::

MY GOD!! ::::07::

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

I'm not judging that, that is up to each individual to judge it as they see fit.

Personally I never pre-order. I wait for the reviews, or test it out first before I buy.

I was just giving you information that is at least accurate

Keep in mind SoG is actually FREE if you so choose!!!

• LeekamLeekam Member Posts: 23

How can you say $60 is ridiculous for a pre-order?

How would you make it any cheaper? When you pre-order you will recieve the game on release + get loads of sweet content.

I just can't comprehend why you would expect to pay less when pre-ordering a game than you would when buying it directly when it hits the street.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by Leekam

How can you say $60 is ridiculous for a pre-order?
    How would you make it any cheaper? When you pre-order you will recieve the game on release + get loads of sweet content.
    I just can't comprehend why you would expect to pay less when pre-ordering a game than you would when buying it directly when it hits the street.

I think that they are testing how much people can afford this price. I dont see any reason why they should charge this much for a game that was shrouded in secrecy. Im not sure I would preorder it even it were 30$ because so little is known about what the game realy is inside. If this preorder is a success, then all other gamedev companies will think "hmm, if they can charge this much and people buy it, then why not us?" next thinig you know, games cost 150$ and monthly fee is 50$.

Personaly 60$ is not a problem to me. But Im not gonna preorder this because I know nothing about the gameplay. Screenshots are realy stunning, but graphics isnt everything. Ive heard too many bad things about this game, and even though I know it may not be true, but all the secrecy about this game makes me feel that the company does not not believe this game will have positive reviews if people playing it start expressing their opinions freely.

In summary: yes, I believe 60$ is too much for a preorder of the game when so little is known about it. No, i wont be preordering but wait untill I can try it or read some reviews.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

I am honored to present you with the first issue of the Ganareth Gazette !
    In it, the scribes of Ganareth will recount for you tales of the adventures, battles, events and general goings on that are happening in the Reconquered Lands.

Coming very soon to grocery near you in all the freed cities.

Below French... English, Italian, German, Spanish also available

• dakariosdakarios Member Posts: 13

And then again, despite all scepticism, these screenshots just make me shiver because of their beauty.

Damn. I just preordered for 60 bucks, and they better be worth it.

Really nice trailer... have fun...

image http://www.mmoginfo.com/pc/Dark_And_Light/mmorpgmovies_65.html  image

• turkeyboundturkeybound Member Posts: 32

"these screenshots just make me shiver because of their beauty."

those screens look like run of the mill outdated ass. Asheron's call 2 looked better than that and it was released over 4 years ago.

and keep in mind AC2 was a MUCH MORE complete game even when it first launched than what DnL is right now and it was cancelled. And after all the updates and exp pack and patches it was about a million times more complete but yet still got canned. Should tell you exactly where DnL is headed.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Hey Turkeybound. You must be legally blind

I think you need to get your eyes checked

• CorodylCorodyl Member Posts: 122

Lol

Back in your shack Turkeybound

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

wow you can get the same gfx from only a 50 meters draw distance wow amazing stfu turkey or i'll eat you like i did your cousin

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• turkeyboundturkeybound Member Posts: 32
    I know the truth stinks.
  • dakariosdakarios Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by turkeybound
    "these screenshots just make me shiver because of their beauty."
    those screens look like run of the mill outdated ass. Asheron's call 2 looked better than that and it was released over 4 years ago.

I was an AC2-player of the first hour (just like I played AC1 from beta on).

What makes DnL superior to AC2 is the graphical realism of wide-spectrum views, open nature, viewing distance up to a horizon that is not 1000 m away like in WoW, but feels like it'd be reality.

AC2's cartoony style had its nice side, but DnL is heading for something different, something more AC1-like.
    (if you know AC1, you'd know what I mean. Btw, AC1 still is around today, while AC2 is not. Can't be the graphics then, right?)

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by dakarios

DnL is heading for something different, something more AC1-like.
    (if you know AC1, you'd know what I mean)

Gee and I thought they were heading for something more like Mourning . image 

Sorry could not help myself here. Old habits die hard and that was just too easy to let slide

I miss DAoC

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Ummm, Turkey.. how was AC2 -AT ALL- a finished game?

The players in the beta flat out said "This is so unbalanced it isn't funny.. fix the game."

MS made them release the game like that... 6 months into release, they re-did everything and made it a GOOD GAME. They already lost their player base though.

AC2 didn't have a chance from the start because the developers were forced to push out an unfinished game.

• CyndredCyndred Member Posts: 9
    OMG Very nice
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Cyndred
    OMG Very nice

I agree. Might actually get me to play all halfling and wizard stuff.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Nice, now several questions. Are these actual in game shots or renders? Are they from the latest build ? Is this from the SoG build of the game or is this build still closed beta? What type of machine are they running on, and what frame rates could I expect on a 3.0  machine with say 1 gig of ram and a 9800 pro. I figure that is pretty typical of what a lot of us are running.

What I am asking are these typical what we can expect screenshots? Nice screenies are easy to make, I can crank up a 1.4  machine with a ti 4200 in it set all the sliders in EQ2 to the max and take a screenshot. I would be getting 1 fps or less and the game would be unplayable but I could take the screenshot none the less.

Also why do so many of the screens you post never have any mobs or a UI in them. Were these taken by you on your machine in game? Just curious, since you always seem to have a abundance of screens. I would like to see some with UI and combat going on, magic combat preferably.

Now if I just wanted to be critical I could point out the rain looks like a meteor shower and there are 2 strange looking bands where the sky meets the earth on the top picture. The structures also look blurry to me  somehow. On the bottom picture  there is a distinct line where the grass goes from closeup texture to distance texture, but I doubt I would notice that in game.

I miss DAoC

These are in game screens. To get a decent framerate you will need a high end machine.. the weather effects are impressive, and ever changing... this may give you a hint at how taxing this game is.

PS: I can at least explain what those two "strange" bands are... there is a mana tower nearby pulsing out magic image

PPS: I'm glad you sighted those faults, little pieces of evidence of the authentic nature of the screens image

PPPS: For a good source of Combat, Magic, Mobs, and other things... see this

http://www.mmorpgmovies.com/?game=Dark%20And%20Light&movie=65