Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My personal SWTOR story.

Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

I couldn't wait for it to come out. All the promises and hype where irresistable to a star wars fan. From what I had seen it also looked good. The moment of truth arrived...I got my hands on the game and started playing it..I rolled a jedi guardian and hit max lvl. That's when I realized the truth about SWTOR....it's not that good.

I couldn't help but notice it was trying to be like wow in terms of content and mechanics..but it was just disgustingly inferior to wow...a much older game. I quit then and there and never looked back.

So now fast foward to 10 minutes ago..reading that interview on the front page just re-affirmed my decision about this game. That was more like a commerical then an interview honestly.

I just have 1 question for people who still play it....

[mod edit]

Comments

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    You are personally dissatisfied with the game, but many of us think it is a great game. We're eating cheesecake.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    keep going and the thread will be locked.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    You are personally dissatisfied with the game, but many of us think it is a great game. We're eating cheesecake.

Many think it is a great game, but many many many think it is not

2 million buy the game at launch, with some more buying it afterwards and still only about 500K left within about 11 months

500K think it is a great game vs over 1.5 million who do not. That is about the ratio of it

• deadmanbelldeadmanbell Member UncommonPosts: 69
    You know man, I felt the same way. I actually got banned from this site because I was trolling on the boards about how much I hated what they did. After waiting for a year I logged back on and put aside all my  original  observations and opinions and just asked myself " am I having fun?" and low and behold I have been having a lot of fun. I have rolled several alts and started playing PVP and flashpoint. I can get on and play for 30 minutes or I can get on and blow 3 or 5 hours. Its just fun for me. Its not perfect and still is missing some things that I think are basic like chat bubbles and high rez graphics. The skills need to be improved and classes still need some balancing. Space combat is sad and just needs to be completely redone. But all that said. I am having fun and that is what it's all about in the end.
This discussion has been closed.