Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding the Payment Model.

varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

I have done some research on google and some dated posts seem to indicate things in the game that more recent ones contradict.   In essence, I am confused and forced to make this thread.

I don't understand how this game works in terms of payment, I understand there is a VIP plan but it seems confusing.  How does the system work, can you play for free completely, do I need to spend money at some point to be competitive/enjoy the game (how much do I have to spend.)

Can you earn the items purchased from the cash shop with in-game currency or is it strictly purchased?   Does the cash shop sell items that break the game IE Pay to Win.

My major interest is, can I play for free completely and still have fun or is it inadvisable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

I think AoW has one of the better free to play models, i know people in my guild are free players and they have fun.

ViP works kind of  like a subscription in other games.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by SQTO

I think AoW has one of the better free to play models, i know people in my guild are free players and they have fun.

ViP works kind of  like a subscription in other games.

This is still a bit vague to me, in the fact that...  I don't know what VIP Does, is it like Gold Membership in another game?  Do you have the ability to equip armor and weapons others couldn't?

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I was going to write the VIP benefits myself, but then I found the thread pertaining to this on the official forums:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5845

That should answer your questions. It's actually a pretty nice F2P model, in my opinion. You're basically only paying for convenience and a speed boost on progression.

I've been playing for a few weeks now and haven't really felt the need to spend any money yet. I've been thinking of going VIP mainly for the offline cultivation, but it's really not something that I feel is necessary to compete. It will simply take your longer to progress your character compared to someone who has it, which doesn't bother me at all.

Also, in case the information in the thread I linked doesn't address it, VIP status is server specific for a single character, meaning that once you buy it, it only applies to one character on one server, of your account. If you want to delete and remake your character after the fact, you will need to create it on the same server in place of the character you deleted, in order to take advantage of the rest of your VIP time. I'd rather VIP be an account wide thing personally, but considering it's only 9 dollars, I guess it's not a big deal.

Hope that helps.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Just understand that if you do go VIP that it is server bound.  In other words, you can't transfer your VIP status to another server if you decide you don't like the server you applied the VIP status too.  Also make sure you have a password with a good mix of upper/lower case letters, numbers, and special symbols because hacking is getting a little out of hand lately.  I'm sure some will insinuate that hacking only happens to people who visit gold selling sites but that's not true.  Hacking can happen to anyone.  Also be aware that Snail will not reimburse any lost items or money if your account is hacked.  I'm not trying to scare you away from the game, just be willing to accept that Snail will NOT accept any responsibility for lost items nor will they attempt to replace them.

There is a slight disadvantage for not being a VIP as far as how much money you can have and how fast you can convert exp to cultivation which is part of the passive leveling system in the game.  However there are several workarounds for that all of that.  All of the cash shop items are mainly cosmetic except for mounts, but they are also only rentals.  You can't buy anything permanent from their cash shop.  So it is not really a P2W game either.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo

There is a slight disadvantage for not being a VIP as far as how much money you can have and how fast you can convert exp to cultivation which is part of the passive leveling system in the game.  However there are several workarounds for that all of that.  All of the cash shop items are mainly cosmetic except for mounts, but they are also only rentals.  You can't buy anything permanent from their cash shop.  So it is not really a P2W game either.

no limit on how much you can make.

All cash shop items can be purchased in game.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"