Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I tried really hard :(. Sorry but nothing is good as WOW

2»

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Problem is pretty much this.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• crabdogcrabdog Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Now i think it is impossible to make better theme park mmo. I tried really hard after 8 years of wow to play some other mmo but nothing works for me and i'm back again to my dear Azeroth. SWTOR was good story game but pvp is not so smooth and awesome as in wow, it is just a  poor little brother . After that i tried with LOTRO--Well, it is ok but   quests are made to damage your brain, kill boars and kill again boars...(you kill mobs in wow but you have so many different types) story quests are ok but nothing special. AOC was much better but what bothers me there is landscape after level 20, everything looks so same. Star Trek Online---mediocre game. EQ2--everything is great and fine, so many different classes and so many quests but i can't go over that stupid fast paced chicken running, people are running like rockets around and pvp is real mess because of that. GW2 -i tried for 3 days over weekend and i was really really amazed with GW2 graphic, best on the market for sure but what bothers me there is that you can enter in to pvp with all skills unlocked, where is the joy when you get  served everything from the start? I like to see how i progress because of my gear and my new abilities in combat, i don't feel  rewarded when i level my character :(. But anyway GW2 is great game.  So i subscribed today again to wow and guess what! First time in few months i was glued for chair more than 2 hours. Sorry for my bad English, now i gtg back to level my last class Monk :) Azeroth smells so good ...

I would have to disagree completely, most anything is better then wow. Wow did change mmos, this much is correct but, at the same time it changed the way they work also. MMOs now are a business investment raither then a game to enjoy. As soon as you make it more about business then a quality product you fall into this bs that people say " well they are in it to make money" when in fact they are in it to make as much money as they can. This is were you fall into evil ways, MMO was designed for a specific type of gamer. Those gamers were more about lore and challenges, lore gave a great back story that also was ever evolving in retime, challenges had risk to lose everything and have to start over as if closer to IRL. Wow took away all chance of risk which open the gates to the causal gamer and the gamer that just wanted to win. If you know you will win no matter what you do then what is the point, there is no risk in wow giving no reason to play wow or any game like it.

Have you ever actually played WoW? All I see here is you ranting about corporate conspiracy theories.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by mymmo

A majority here at mmorpg.com are just cast aways from wow that are trying to find something that can catch their eye just like wow did back in the days.

Can you link to what you based that on?

For sure. The link is  the following: in every sub forum here there is a constant nagging about "failure/epic fail" and "lulz will this game still be around in 5-7 years". When you look at the arguments there is always a game that they are falling back to. And that is the first mmo game that hooked them up. The game that they have in common is mostly wow. 

do 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Nothing is as good as Vanilla / BC WoW.

Fixed the title for ya.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Originally posted by vorpal28
    Everquest will always be the best for me, no other MMO has managed to keep me playing like EQ has, 13 years and still playing!

I dunno, I am really looking forward to EQNEXT. @OP I keep WoW installed at all times just to go back every now and again to check the content and what they are doing with the game. It can certainly be fun, I just wish they didn't go backwards as far as character customization goes. I wish they gave us more options like AAs etc.

Same here EQ was the best ive played, looking forward to seeing what they do with EQNext what they been saying has realy got me intreagued waiting to see what it like in august but till then im playing darkfall unholy wars while i wait.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    You should try Scarlet Blade.  It's the best MMO out there!
  • mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

True, but for me as a causual the subs of WoW are the main reason I dont play. Because I have GW2 without subs and its perfect for casuals. Of course it lacks of depth and I wish they would add a dungeon finder, but dont forget that wow is out, and contuniosly developed, for over 10 years.

Well the other reason is maybe, that I got a high end PC and I would want some better grafics like wow has.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

You youngies have never experienced the magnificense of the old text based MUDs......

even today some of them are far more brilliant than many graphical MMO's 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Jayaris
    Try crack cocaine.

You implying that MMOs are as addictive as crack? :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

If you like a game, you like a game. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The problem is alot of people hate WoW and have reasons for that. The reason you will find with alot of Vets are the fact that the game has kinda be dumbed down exteremely for the casual crowd. Like Come on, they have a Buff that increases your health and damage if you wipe in a raid.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

For many years i enjoyed WoW, but the last few years it seemed that everytime i resubbbed and did a few BG's or raids i was done and loged out.

Making a new alt and doing the low level dungeons where 95% of the people dont even cooperate and just rush trough and make fun of new players on a very hard manner.

each time after i resubbed to wow the fun disapeared after a few days and then you rememberd why you stopped the previous time and the time before that.

Wow was a great game....but it lost something along the way......

• DinidainDinidain Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by tinuelle

You youngies have never experienced the magnificense of the old text based MUDs......

even today some of them are far more brilliant than many graphical MMO's 

Ah yes, I still have found memories of DragonRealms and the world of Elanthia, where I cut my online roleplaying teeth... :-)

Anyone and everyone can feel free to disagree with any or all of my opinions and observations whenever I rarely post them; it doesn't bother me one bit. Just know that I'll likely never respond to YOUR disagreement or personal attack, because I know better than to argue with idiots, especially upon internet Forums. See what I did there? -- Dinidain

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

OP/ There is a reason why WOW has 9+ million active subscriptions after 9 years and EVE 500K after 10 years.

While the rest went free to play and tries to sell it as a success with hardly anyone playing these things for "free". Certainly not by the millions.

The truth is always found in people's pockets.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

I am really glad that you made this post. It caught my eye because I had a similar experience. Little back story about me. Ultima Online was my first mmo back in 1999 and I absolutely love the game. Played it for years and still dabble from time to time. Wow was my second serious mmo that I played and even got my girlfriend at the time to play it with me. In between UO and Wow;Wow and now I have always been looking for that next mmo to capture me like UO and Wow did. I bought and played almost every major released game and always ended up quiting because the experience was now what I expected. Then I would await the next game.
    After doing this for several years, I basically gave up on mom's. A lot has happened since. My career took off, my wife and i got married, then bought a new house, got a dog and basically had not much time to game anymore.

Until recently when we both had an urge to have a mmo to play. So we both came back to Wow and I decided that there is no other game like wow. They just don't have that feel, which is difficult to describe. We only get to play about a couple of hours a week, but it helps us not get burnt out and to just enjoy the game.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Manolios

in the long term i have rejected every one of these game too. i think wow is superior in most aspects and thats the reason i got back to azeroth too one more time.

imo only eve can stand the comparison to wow, maybe its even better.

now  i m waiting for teso and archeage. lets see...

Iv got max level toons in DCUO, Rift, AoC, SWTOR, TSW (Max QL), GW2, and WoW. If you check my post history, I have been around the block....but honestly no game has been able to keep me playing for more than a year except WoW. I'm personally a raider first and foremost, and in that regard, nothing can touch WoW. I really wanted to leave WoW for SWTOR when it launched, it was the game I had been waiting on for years, but boy, did its endgame disapoint. I think that right there is key to all of this...endgame...The MMOs I have maxed out on may have improved drastically overtime, but in the timeframes I was active in them (as were most who tried them), they couldnt hold a candle to WoW in endgame content. Like it or not, endgame content is what keeps most players within themeparks, not its leveling experiance, not player housing, not crafting, but pure endgame.

GW2 may have better PVP, SWTOR may have better quests, TSW may have better dungons, but none of them have the total endgame package of WoW imo.

You're going into each new game that comes out with the expectation that at launch, it will have 9 years worth of development and endgame content. I'm sorry sir but you are doing it wrong. New games take time to develop various game systems, they take time to introduce new content and new types of content, to improve upon what they have. WoW did not have a lot of that stuff at launch. Neither do most new games - it takes time for things to be released and you need to go into a new MMO with realistic expectations, enjoying it for what it has now and be willing to stick around for future additions. If you go into every new game expecting it to have as much content and polish as a 9 year old game, you will always be disappointed. Try finding more realistic expectations and you'll enjoy the MMO market a whole heck of a lot more.

If by doing it wrong, you mean expecting a new game to have various engaging engame content, I guess im guilty as charged.

When did I say I wanted 9 years worth of content? When I say endgame content, im refering to the current content in WoW, you know, t14-15 LFR, normal, and heroic raids, lvl 90 heroic dungons, lvl 90 challengemode dungons, lvl 90 group scenerios that dont require the trinity,  heroic lvl 90 group scenerios that dont require a trinity, lvl 90 dailies and legendary quests, Pokemon Pet battle system, lvl 90 PVP battlegrounds, 2v2 arenas, 3v3 arenas, 5v5 areneas, ranked ladders. All of the afomentioned things (except some of the the PVP maps) are all new content developed for MoP. I am sorry, I really did not expect you to think I was referring to raid tiers from 6 years ago, I guess i should have clarified /sigh

Umm...you proved their point. That is where you said you wanted 9 years of content. WoW did not launch with any of that. No LFR, no areans, no BG's, a single raid which was bugged to hell and back, no heroic dungeons, no group scenarios and a few dungeons. Current games launch with more endgame content than WoW did when it launched. That is why they said you are expecting current games to launch with 9 years worth of content by comparing it to all WoW currently has. No game is going to launch with that much. They will build it over time just like WoW did. But today's customer base is not as patient and continually expects the same in the launch of a game in comparison to something that has dozens of pathces and several expansions. Not going to happen. So even with your clarification their point stands.

As for the OP, grats on figuring on what you enjoy. Can't say I'm in the same boat as I am WoW burned out and just don't find it worth the time/money investment any more. We all have our own tastes though and wish you luck in your gaming.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Now i think it is impossible to make better theme park mmo. I tried really hard after 8 years of wow to play some other mmo but nothing works for me and i'm back again to my dear Azeroth. SWTOR was good story game but pvp is not so smooth and awesome as in wow, it is just a  poor little brother . After that i tried with LOTRO--Well, it is ok but   quests are made to damage your brain, kill boars and kill again boars...(you kill mobs in wow but you have so many different types) story quests are ok but nothing special. AOC was much better but what bothers me there is landscape after level 20, everything looks so same. Star Trek Online---mediocre game. EQ2--everything is great and fine, so many different classes and so many quests but i can't go over that stupid fast paced chicken running, people are running like rockets around and pvp is real mess because of that. GW2 -i tried for 3 days over weekend and i was really really amazed with GW2 graphic, best on the market for sure but what bothers me there is that you can enter in to pvp with all skills unlocked, where is the joy when you get  served everything from the start? I like to see how i progress because of my gear and my new abilities in combat, i don't feel  rewarded when i level my character :(. But anyway GW2 is great game.  So i subscribed today again to wow and guess what! First time in few months i was glued for chair more than 2 hours. Sorry for my bad English, now i gtg back to level my last class Monk :) Azeroth smells so good ...

You're a target player for Blizzard, and although anyone has their thoughts of what the best game is, WOW isn't on my top 100 list either but hey, if you like it, fkin play it lol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    For me WoW was the game that opened my eyes of the greatness of MMO's. Been playing this game since vanilla and have only taken small breaks from it. I can't say that I like how convienant they've made the game, but what modern game isn't. The only real big gripe of mine about this game is the dailies, so sick of em what a poor solution to slow down  content locusts.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I can pretend that I had more fun and spent more time in UO or E&B or SWG before WoW came out and I started playing that...

I could pretend that I had as much fun with FFXI and EVE and WAR and EQ2 and RIFT and GW and GW2 and SWTOR...

But it just wouldn't be true.

Almost 9 years (off and on) is a lot of time though, I'm ready for a replacement.

I actually joined this site a couple of months before WoW came out to get more information on the game and try and find some inside-beta info.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192

something about those panda bears...good for you OP !!  and enjoy the excellence that is wow !!

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I can pretend that I had more fun and spent more time in UO or E&B or SWG before WoW came out and I started playing that...

I could pretend that I had as much fun with FFXI and EVE and WAR and EQ2 and RIFT and GW and GW2 and SWTOR...

But it just wouldn't be true.

Almost 9 years (off and on) is a lot of time though, I'm ready for a replacement.

I actually joined this site a couple of months before WoW came out to get more information on the game and try and find some inside-beta info.

I will be eternally grateful that I don't have to pretend I had more fun, LOTS AND LOTS more fun, with EQ back in '99.  my brief time in WoW cemented it as the second worst MMO I ever played.  Just one spot above WAR. 

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

You're talking sPvP for GW2 in that you don't like how it's all unlocked?  Well, that's because it's designed to be as balanced as possible so that the player's skill takes part in the gameplay far more than some arbitrary gear or stat based on multiple other factors.  Just....skills.  Which is a good thing when it comes to a competitive PvP state of game.

However, I'm unsure as to whether or not you tried out the game's WvWvW when you played for that 3-day Free Weekend Trial?  That's the PvP mode where your gear, your level, and all that jazz actually matter to do better within.    It's also where there are far larger fight than simple  8vs8, 10vs8, or what have you.   Heck, with the WvWvW Ranks they added two Patches ago there's now a more long-term permanent progression for that state of game.

Like how you said that the graphics are the best on the market for the genre, because that's so very much true. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/nine-visually-impressive-pc-games-you-can-play-right-now).  It's going to get better now that they're beaching up the Southsun area for some tropical summer content to be added.

Curious as to what spring/summer content WoW brings to it's PAYING MONTHLY SUBSCRIBERS?  I know of the Darkmoon Fair, which has been a systematically rehashed content since 7 years ago doing a once-monthly thing (do they even include lvl70ETC playing "I am a Murloc" like they did when it showed up in TBC any more?)  Anything else?  I've seen the advertisements for 5.3 patch going to PTR....but 5.1 came in November, and 5.2 came in March; that's 3 and 1/2 months between the two patches.   There's usually a 2-3 week process for the PTR, so that means 5.3 is expected 21st-28th of May if you're lucky.  That would read it being around 2 and 1/2 months between the 5.2 and the 5.3, and supposedly 5.4 is going to be the very last patch of MoP before maintenance?  Where's the content? What are they doing with your $15 a month that they charge?  Games like GW2, which is B2P w/o subscription, is making games like WoW, which is P2P w/ subscription, look like a joke when it's coming out with content patches every month (or even 2x monthly) and WoW can't come out with only one ever 2 and 1/2 to 3 and 1/2 months.

So, please, enlighten me.....why is "nothing is good as WoW"?