Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just stoped playing because of vip

drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

Just wanted to know what others think about the VIP that can be bought from cash shop in ro2. 

seems this game has pay to win cash shop items specifically VIP

VIP gives 

+5 to all stats 

+10% hp

+10% sp

+20% movement speed

and one other effect that has to do with dungeons that i dont understand.

game is fun and i do spend money on free to play games such as world of tanks.

but i wanted to play it for the pvp and vip seems like a major pay to win item. 

Comments

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by drivec

Just wanted to know what others think about the VIP that can be bought from cash shop in ro2. 

VIP gives 

+5 to all stats 

+10% hp

+10% sp

+20% movement speed

Wow, that's a huge let down. I'm almost thinking of saving this post just to show people what "P2W" actually is. They should take a look at Age of Wushu's VIP model. It gives a lot of advantages but nothing like stat increases.

I was thinking of trying this, but I might just steer clear of it now.

• melenonemelenone Member Posts: 25
    Then buy vip and pay for a game for once.
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by melenone

I don't have a problem paying a sub for a game if it's worth it, and in fact, I normally play sub based games because they're typically higher quality. This isn't about paying or not paying, it's about a game using a model that basically defines pay to win. You either pay, or you play at a seemingly large disadvantage. Whether that bothers someone or not, is an entirely different story.

I just think if they're going to advertise as "free to play" they shouldn't degrade character strength for those who don't pay. It's not the best way to entice people to play your game. There are plenty of lucrative designs for F2P models that don't involve stat manipulation.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

what no gear that's better than what drops in game ? They looked like they were going for a clean sweep on the p2w thing.

I wouldn't touch this game with your 10 foot pole.  I almost always buy the sub version of free to play games but I wont pay money to a game that pulls this.

• Keitaro333Keitaro333 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Seilan
    Originally posted by melenone

I don't have a problem paying a sub for a game if it's worth it, and in fact, I normally play sub based games because they're typically higher quality. This isn't about paying or not paying, it's about a game using a model that basically defines pay to win. You either pay, or you play at a seemingly large disadvantage. Whether that bothers someone or not, is an entirely different story.

I just think if they're going to advertise as "free to play" they shouldn't degrade character strength for those who don't pay. It's not the best way to entice people to play your game. There are plenty of lucrative designs for F2P models that don't involve stat manipulation.

Exactly. They should stop calling P2W F2P. Its just dishonest marketing.

Its basically a P2P game with a unlimited-time free trial in which youre disadvantaged until you pay for the "full" game.

League of Legends model is F2P. This is not.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

VIP gives 

+5 to all stats 

+10% hp

+10% sp

+20% movement speed

Many will see this as ptw,but what is the person with vip actually winning?From what I'm seeing the vip will have an advantage while leveling up,or at cap I guess.

If everyone is striving toward the same goal,what's the problem?Who care's if joe schmoe get's there first.You can argue that it can affect the ah and making gold (if there is one in this game).After the first couple week's that pretty much disappear's.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Slappy1

Many will see this as ptw,but what is the person with vip actually winning?From what I'm seeing the vip will have an advantage while leveling up,or at cap I guess.

If everyone is striving toward the same goal,what's the problem?Who care's if joe schmoe get's there first.You can argue that it can affect the ah and making gold (if there is one in this game).After the first couple week's that pretty much disappear's.

Sure it doesnt matter that much in PvE but the game has PvP right? It would definitely influence that.

Originally posted by Keitaro333

Sure it doesnt matter that much in PvE but the game has PvP right? It would definitely influence that.

Yes it would,but at the same time you could wait to max lvl and then pvp.At that point the bonus would be minimal.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Originally posted by Slappy1

Yes it would,but at the same time you could wait to max lvl and then pvp.At that point the bonus would be minimal.

Wrong. 10% is 10%, regardless of if we are talking low level with 100hp, or high level with 10,000hp. Same for 20%, or any percentage for that matter. 

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

How about we play a game of chess, and I'll just buy an extra queen for my side. No biggy, right?

What's the point of a game if the people in it don't all play by the same rules? Once you can buy better stuff using real life money, then it's not a fair game anymore.

Originally posted by Deznts

Wrong. 10% is 10%, regardless of if we are talking low level with 100hp, or high level with 10,000hp. Same for 20%, or any percentage for that matter. 

That doesn't equal ptw now does it?That's what this discussion is about.So yes,max lvl is max lvl and pretty much take's the win out of the scenario.

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Tuor7

How about we play a game of chess, and I'll just buy an extra queen for my side. No biggy, right?

What's the point of a game if the people in it don't all play by the same rules? Once you can buy better stuff using real life money, then it's not a fair game anymore.

That doesn't make it ptw now does it?

Arya Stark

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

That doesn't equal ptw now does it?That's what this discussion is about.So yes,max lvl is max lvl and pretty much take's the win out of the scenario.

So a VIP ranged can kite a melee at a 20% speed advantage - that's not P2W? Get a clue.

Originally posted by cybersurfr

So a VIP ranged can kite a melee at a 20% speed advantage - that's not P2W? Get a clue.

What are they winning?Are you saying the game can't be played without a speed advantage?It seriously seem's the grasp on what is ptw has been lost.A speed advantage or leveling advantage is convenience and nothing more.

Arya Stark

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

slappy here is why it is pay to win.

if 2 evenly matched opponents face eachother and play perfectly or exactly the same. the person with 10% more hp is going to win because he has more hp.

another example. 2 characters with same end game pvp gear are fighting.  the person with vip does more damage and has more hp.

more damage due to +5 to all stats and able to live longer due to haveing 10% more hp. or fight 10% longer due to haveing 10% more sp.

Originally posted by cybersurfr

What are they winning?Are you saying the game can't be played without a speed advantage?It seriously seem's the grasp on what is ptw has been lost.A speed advantage or leveling advantage is convenience and nothing more.

Ah, i understand now wheres the problem. You seem to think that "winning" means achieving maximum level/endgame.

Well that may be the case for you. For most people thats ridiculous. You can have maximum everything possible, if you go to the PvP arena to fight someone, the VIP player has a better chance to win the fight than the non VIP because of the stat advantage. In any game that takes PvP at least somewhat seriously, 10% to stats and 20% to movement speed is a huge difference and a complete balance breaker.

I wonder though. If you think clear PvP advantages arent P2W, what do you think IS P2W?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

So then is paying a sub to WoW P2W? If you don't pay to play, you are at 100% disadvantage because you can't play at all. 

It just sounds like a freemium model to me. Free to play at a disadvantage, pay to play on even footing. Are there P2W items in the shop that VIPs don't get access to?

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

+5 to all stats is not game breaking. Thats like an average of 3 extra damage per hit. The Hp increase is the only thing that is a big difference. But when it comes to pvp, might as well take out all the other random factors like dodge, and deflecting, and crit, cause if anyone gets to many of those its gonna become imbalanced. (that was sarcastic if anyone couldn't tell) 

In the end its not that big a deal.

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    actually the higher lvl the more te bonus counts in pvp.  If you take a low lvl with +/- 100 hp  without the bonus, then you get 110 hp with the bonus, at the highest lvl with aprox 10k hp without bonus you get 11k hp with the bonus and if what you say is right that you also get more ap then you're basicly impossible to kill to a player with the same gear.

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

Originally posted by colddog04

So then is paying a sub to WoW P2W? If you don't pay to play, you are at 100% disadvantage because you can't play at all.

You cant win if you dont play. You also cant lose. So, no.

P2W is when you do play a competitive game but play by stricter rules until you pay, which in turn makes you more likely to... surprise surprise, win, over those who dont pay.

See the chess analogy made before.

If you'd be paying an entry fee to a chess tournament, thats like P2P / B2P. If you then could pay extra to buy more or stronger pieces than the opponent, that would be P2W. Not to mention retarded.

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

vip is $9 and is not account wide.

you have to buy vip $9 per character

vip is an item you buy and then use on your character

• SoltekSoltek Member Posts: 29

vip is $9 and is not account wide.

you have to buy vip $9 per character

vip is an item you buy and then use on your character

So does it only cost $9 a month to play this game or do you have to buy other stuff to not be disadvantaged?

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Soltek

So does it only cost $9 a month to play this game or do you have to buy other stuff to not be disadvantaged?

I can't remember the name of the thing again or its exact price, but you need to purchase a special container to store all the cards you find, but the container only lasts for 31 days (after it expires you can still take cards out, but you can't put any in, so they start piling up in your inventory unless you get rid of them). It's something like $5 or $6.

Alternatively you can just combine all your cards to reduce the clutter, but you need to combine five at a time, can't have two of the same card in each combining attempt, and there's only a 50% chance of it succeeding.

So if you consider the VIP and card holder as essential items, it's a minimum of $14~$15/month.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

VIP gives 

+5 to all stats 

+10% hp

+10% sp

+20% movement speed

Wow, that is a ridiculously high difference. Especially the movement speed. I haven't seen P2W this clearly before. Unbalanced like this makes crap PVP.

• SoltekSoltek Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by colddog04

You cant win if you dont play. You also cant lose. So, no.

P2W is when you do play a competitive game but play by stricter rules until you pay, which in turn makes you more likely to... surprise surprise, win, over those who dont pay.

See the chess analogy made before.

If you'd be paying an entry fee to a chess tournament, thats like P2P / B2P. If you then could pay extra to buy more or stronger pieces than the opponent, that would be P2W. Not to mention retarded.

Aren't all F2P games P2W?