Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay to dominate?

2»

Comments

• nexitemnexitem Member UncommonPosts: 4

You are very wrong if you think that the life time insurance is a advantage, Every player will be able to get the basic one for no big price, I know this because I am watchting every little detail of this game.

I think you are not getting my point here, But I guess thats my fault for sounding a bit cocky in that post before.

Please don't get me wrong, I HATE pay2win, I rather pay a monthly bill before having a stupid ingame shop that provides people with things for money. ( Looking at you neverwinter )

I can promise you people that you will not have a disadvantage when the game gets released, The cheapest insurance will get you your ship back without any huge loss besides the cargo and maybe some of the hull upgrades etc. But losing a ship is very hard and it should not happen in sectors where the police is active. If you lose your ship outside those sectors its your fault for going in those unsecure places.

PS: 150 Euro are 194,73 US-dollar currently. I did not pay this high amount of money to get an advantage but to help kickstarting this game. I do not regret anything.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

Originally posted by nexitem
    I find it very uncool by some of the people in this thread that you do not want donators, therefor the people that made this game possible to have something as a thank you.

I payd 150€ last October backed this game not because I wanted to win easy but I wanted to help Roberts make this game come true. As a thank you they give me a lifetime insurance on my Freelancer and I think i deserve it.

Without me and many other people there would be no Star Citizen.

No one is saying you don't deserve something for your money.

Most people are saying that you don't deserve an inherent advantage within the game for your money. Because you don't.

By merit of the fact that you've come here and said "I like my lifetime insurance", you are condoning the act of allowing players to pay to dominate, and subsequently condoning pay to win.

You DID fork out 150 Euros (what's that? Like.. $6?), so you're vision is clouded. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You may want to look up currency conversion rates.  The dollar is not nearly as strong as you think it is...

(150 Euros = $194.90 under current exchange rates)

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by dotdotdash   Originally posted by nexitem I find it very uncool by some of the people in this thread that you do not want donators, therefor the people that made this game possible to have something as a thank you.     I payd 150€ last October backed this game not because I wanted to win easy but I wanted to help Roberts make this game come true. As a thank you they give me a lifetime insurance on my Freelancer and I think i deserve it. Without me and many other people there would be no Star Citizen.
      No one is saying you don't deserve something for your money. Most people are saying that you don't deserve an inherent advantage within the game for your money. Because you don't. By merit of the fact that you've come here and said "I like my lifetime insurance", you are condoning the act of allowing players to pay to dominate, and subsequently condoning pay to win. You DID fork out 150 Euros (what's that? Like.. $6?), so you're vision is clouded. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You may want to look up currency conversion rates.  The dollar is not nearly as strong as you think it is...

(150 Euros = $194.90 under current exchange rates)

I was being sardonic. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

devs/companies making games for get money...be sure after SC done,they ll sell useful stuff in game store no matter what they talking  about P2W,now.

All is about money .

• nexitemnexitem Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

devs/companies making games for get money...be sure after SC done,they ll sell useful stuff in game store no matter what they talking  about P2W,now.

All is about money .

It is kinda sad that you think like that. I hope you will be proven wrong once.