Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Happy 1 Year Anniversary

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

One year ago yesterday, World of Warcraft turned a glorious 1 year old, having opened on November 23rd last year in North America, New Zeland and Australia. In celebration of that birthday, the developers at World of Warcraft have treated us to a timeline and a look into the future:

One year ago today, World of Warcraft was released in North America, Australia, and New Zealand. The traditional thing to do for a one-year anniversary might be to take a look back at the content we've patched into the game over the past year (if you're interested in that sort of thing, click here), but for this first anniversary we'd instead like to focus on you -- the main reason that Azeroth is such a vibrant and exciting place to adventure.

As we continue to work on World of Warcraft each day, one of the things we love the most is to visit the forums and find out what you all are thinking and discussing with each other, and also to see the incredible things that you create. We're always entertained, and often amazed, by the boundless creativity of this game's community. As a way of saying thanks, we've put together a timeline of some of our favorite World of Warcraft content generated by you, the players; just click the link below to begin your trip down memory lane...

To read the rest of the article, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• garringarrin Member UncommonPosts: 7

"One year ago yesterday, World of Warcraft turned a glorious 1 year old,"

LOL Funny man

If read closely, your statement suggests that WoW is two years old. "One year ago yesterday, World of Warcraft turned a glorious 1 year old,"

It should read something like this: "One year ago yesterday, World of Warcraft was launched. It is now one year old." When a person is born, or a game is launched, they are considered to be zero years old until they reach the one year anniversary. Either your writing skills and English are very poor, or you have never had a birthday and therefore this concept eludes you.

The construction of your sentence should have been read by another person before the article was posted. These types of people are called editors. I really like this site and have been a user for a long time, but the quality of the news writing really needs to improve. There are constant errors. When I read stupid errors like this in the first sentence, I stop reading the article.

• bigweirdonebigweirdone Member Posts: 5

"As we continue to work on World of Warcraft each day, one of the things we love the most is to visit the forums and find out what you all are thinking and discussing with each other."

I have one word that describes this statement.

LIES!

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by bigweirdone

"As we continue to work on World of Warcraft each day, one of the things we love the most is to visit the forums and find out what you all are thinking and discussing with each other."
    I have one word that describes this statement.
    LIES!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. image
  • puck64puck64 Member Posts: 4

If they really wanted to celebrate the success of their game, they should have given all the beta testers something for all their hours online helping however we could. I played the stress test portion the most, probally 35-40 hours a week ( I know, get a life) but it would have been nice to say get a free limited pass for the game, most of us have it or are getting it I am sure.

Do I think they read this? Hell no.image