Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sims 4 is on it's way; any opinions?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
My only opinion - this might be EA's last chance, lol.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    People who complain about EA and buy from them anyway will still buy from them after Sims 4 no matter how terrible it is.  Just about everyone who was willing to refuse to buy from a company due to shenanigans such as EA has been pulling for 20+ years now stopped buying from EA a long time ago.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    CimSity 2013 is awesome.
  • DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Hmm, wonder how long it will take ppl to get burned out on that one. I played sims 3 for maybe 2 months, and it was just way to repetetive for me. Then again i guss that hows RL is. I'll prolly pass on it, end up spending to much on the sims store.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Probably be a "mmo", where "90% if the calculations are done server side", so "sorry but you must be permenantly online"

Then a month later after thousands of irate users have a frustrating time even trying to play their game....

Someone will release a hack that let's you play the thing locally. But EA will stick to the 90% story, while they cry about how much microtrans they are missing out on.
  • DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Probably be a "mmo", where "90% if the calculations are done server side", so "sorry but you must be permenantly online"

Then a month later after thousands of irate users have a frustrating time even trying to play their game....

Someone will release a hack that let's you play the thing locally. But EA will stick to the 90% story, while they cry about how much microtrans they are missing out on.

If sims 4 was an MMO, i guss that would mean that your neighbors would be RL peaple then? And it would have like a neighborhood chat channel, that would be interesting. Couldn't get a better house system than that for an mmo.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It will probably require always on internet, even though they already tried an online Sims game and it failed.

Even if they go with always being connected, they could go with private servers, but something tells me they won't.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

They already confirmed that there will be no always online requirement, I guess they wanted to get on top of rumors before lots of clueless people began to spread misinformation around.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    People who complain about EA and buy from them anyway will still buy from them after Sims 4 no matter how terrible it is.  Just about everyone who was willing to refuse to buy from a company due to shenanigans such as EA has been pulling for 20+ years now stopped buying from EA a long time ago.

Wait- That is an unfair statement.

EA was pretty decent 20+ years ago. Hell, Ea was pretty good IMHO until the last 10 or so years.

I havnt bought an EA game in forever- Which is sad. I used to look forward to the new Maddon game, love Sim City and many other IP's EA has come to butcher.

Sims 4 will probably "look" fantastic, probably even be a decent game in its own right . I wont know because I have been boycotting EA for probably 4-5 years now and have no intention of stopping my boycott now. =P

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Garkan
    Originally posted by ShakyMo Probably be a "mmo", where "90% if the calculations are done server side", so "sorry but you must be permenantly online" Then a month later after thousands of irate users have a frustrating time even trying to play their game.... Someone will release a hack that let's you play the thing locally. But EA will stick to the 90% story, while they cry about how much microtrans they are missing out on.
    They already confirmed that there will be no always online requirement, I guess they wanted to get on top of rumors before lots of clueless people began to spread misinformation around.

Oh, well, they actually can learn from the mistakes of others. :-)

Hopefully they'll have it so you can have networked games in some fashion. I think the best thing would be the ability to run personal servers, where you could invite friends to games that just run all the time.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by birdycephon
    CimSity 2013 is awesome.

you spelled 'awful' wrong.

Nope. And its getting better with every update.
  • Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

I don't play EA games, anymore and have not for YEARS now.  Period.

Originally posted by Tyvolus4

Originally posted by Jemcrystal My only opinion - this might be EA's last chance, lol.
     I don't play EA games, anymore and have not for YEARS now.  Period.
     Well THAT explains everything! XD
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I didn't if I should LAUGH or CRY!

Sims 4? GIVE ME A BREAK.

You know, I loved Sims 2, I played Sims 2 for years and I had EVERY expansion of SIms 2. Then game Sims 3. FUGLY round moon faces, and worst of all: I had to start ALL OVER WITH NOTHING. All the wonderful things, academy life, seasons, magic, shopping, working - all gone. And EA expected me to buy the SAME content all over again!

WHAT

THE

FUCK?

Or so I thought. And boy... while in Sims 2 era, every year maybe one or two expansions came out, crammed with content, now with Sims 3 they pushed out an expansion like every 6 weeks! With super miniature content for 40 bucks. I say rip-off.

So my critique towards Sims 3 is this:

- the faces were UGLY and totally lacking character, a HUGE step back from the Sims 2 faces. I hated those round Sim 3 moonfaces. So IF they make a Sims 4, it better has more characterful faces again.

- The expansion packs were WAAY too fast coming for Sims 4 and WAAAY overprices. 40 bucks for a mere X-pac? NO frigging way. Make it 10 dollars or 15 for each x-pac then we talk.

- content: I totally and absolutely LOATHED that EA had so few content in their (expensive) boxes, in the basic game the same as the X-pacs since Sims 3. What I want in Sims 4 are packs with LOADS of contents. MANY different clothings, furniture - you name it.

So if they do not fundamentally change their rip-off mentality they can keep Sims 4.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    Its a good thing, that means my gf will be busy for hundreds of hours again, and I have time for the good mmos :-)

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

While I don't care for Sims or EA games anymor tbh, my girlfriend did say that if Sims 4 releases as bare bones as Sims 3 did (compared to Sims 2 with expansions), or at the very least doesn't have any form of built in Pets, she's not going to bother with it.

And she's a Sims fanatic.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

I doubt it will be an MMO.  That was tried with sims once long long ago and did not work.  The game is to complex to make it an mmo and include everything everyone expects from a sims world.

For those who are seriously interested in TS4 the fan club is here:  http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=669

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

I also doubt it will be an MMO. The Sims has always been my guilty pleasure which makes it worse that I try to avoid EA altogether. Sims 3 was okay if you mod the hell out of it. Otherwise the characters look pasty and doughy. In typical EA style they nickel and dime players with their store items and expansions. 

Releasing an expansion only a few months between the last and adding minimal content seems to be their thing nowadays. I see much of the same if not more for Sims 4. Sad really.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Meh, makes for easy presents for the wife when I can't think of what to get her.  She's being playing since I introduced her to Sims 2.  She has every expansion and tons of dlcs and content add ons.  I have a whole shelf above the computer just for her Sims boxes. 

Hopefully EA can redeem themselves but it's very hard for a corporation as large as EA to change, so expect more of the same and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out otherwise.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

No... It is in no way shape or form EA's "last chance"... The SIMS franchise alone could keep them alive close to the end of time and add things like BF on top of that and even the bacteria would have a hard time to outlive them.

Sims 4 will be a hit... just like sims 1-3 and it will sell like poptarts on the shelf and then rake in another small nations BNP in expansions and cashshop.... Just like the other games... And do you know why... A: Most of the people who play those games could not care less about the gaming community at large, and the end of Mass Effect or the legacy of SimCity even less. B: EA is actually good at what they do (remember EA is a publisher first hand and a game developer secondary these days. And they can hype the living shit out of things... Honestly i think they could sell stale bread and make it sound good.) and most people outside of us basement dwellers could not tell their 3DS from their X-Box controller and thus they are a lot less sensitive to the things that set peoples posteriors in clench mode around here.

That is my bet and i'l stick to it.

This have been a good conversation