Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

say.. would u pre purchase this game for a beta key?

13»

Comments

• H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36
    for wildstar specifical I wouldnt pre-order for a beta key, I never buy beta keys....but I have a couple of times pre-ordered a game....also Id never get mad about preorder a game that didnt satisfy me, as long as it would be of a certain quality, Id get mad about buying a game, log in, and see it would be hardly anything but a early beta
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by Zzad

I won´t be expending a single coin untill i have tried the game by myself in some kind of OPEN beta.

I´ve learned well from previous mistakes....

^ This is the right approach^

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

No matter how hyped I am about the game they would have to drop NDA before I pre-purchase the game. I need to know in depth details about a game before I spend $60 on it, promotional speak just aint enough.

When it comes to open beta, an open beta won't reveal if its a longterm mmorpg, it will only tell you if the game is really bad or doesn't fit your gamestyle at all. MMO's usually don't come alive until around level 30.

To answer the original question, yes, the way they handled the beta leak and answering community questions were simply awesome so I would risk it for Wildstar.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • fledurfledur Member CommonPosts: 77
    Even with all the "WoW clone!" alarms inside my head, I will pre-order this game anyway because I'm a MMORPG addict....so a beta key would be a nice bonus.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I'll never preorder a game for early access again.
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    I have a rule that I don't pre-order / pre-purcharse games. Never.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I won't pre-order any game.  I will only buy a game once it has been released, and has good reviews.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    I'm in the insane minority here; I would pre-order the directors-max-super sized-delux edition right now if it were offered. All the years of playing MMO's, I've never pre-ordered a game, nor have I ordered the special edition of anything. I'm picking Wildstar to do so simply because I really like the vibe. I've been in several betas and usually get disappointed, but oddly for Wildstar, I think I'm going all in.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    How many times do people have to put their hand in the fire to understand that they burnt their hand the first time, only took me once, suprisingly a great deal of people never learn.
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    How many times do people have to put their hand in the fire to understand that they burnt their hand the first time, only took me once, suprisingly a great deal of people never learn.

Ever consider maybe what's fire to you is not so much so to other people, hence they don't get burned? :)

I almost never regret a pre-purchase. Sure, not every game is an EVE or a WOW, but then I don't expect them to be. We don't have a Blade Runner every year, but I don't give up science fiction movies because of that.

A few weeks of fun and getting to explore a new gameworld are worth the box price of an MMO to me.

So, yeah... I would pre-purchase this game, and they can keep their beta key. :)

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

with every new game offering beta key for preorder/prepurchase this is only game i would love to do it, so yes  i would do it , bought aoc played 2 months, still have box, never regreted even if it was 2 months it was fun, bought war, didnt use cd key resold, preordered swtor, canceled preorder

would be about time to get proper game tbh

• AkaishenAkaishen Member Posts: 12

Pre-order for a beta isn't anything new and for people who really want the game, it's fantastic. For instance, I pre-ordered StarCraft 2 and got into the beta. I also got into the beta of Heart of the Swarm with my pre-order. Fantastic beta experience.

WildStar looks amazing. I've watched hours of video on the game and developer interviews, and have read many articles, to know that it's for sure a game I'd be interested in. I'd be willing to buy the largest pre-order special not for the add-ons, though simply to give money to the developers who have done a fantastic job.

Beautiful graphics, beautiful gameplay, and tons of interesting features and new features baked on what has traditionally made other MMOs popular. WildStar is doing it right.

Pre-order/pre-purchase: YES.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Nah.  I most likely won't try this game until it is either free or there is a free trial/open beta.  Really this game has nothing going for it in my eyes except for the fact that it does seem to be quite polished and high quality.  The standard themepark formula doesn't interest me, but I'm still watching this project with vague interest for whatever reason.
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Yes I would pay for beta access, founders, etc...

I would pay more if I knew for sure this was a sub based game.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I have high expectations for Wildstar to not only be a good game, but to also push us over the threshold of what to expect from a developer/consumer relationship.  In that, I have hopes they find a new payment model that is well received or iterate on popular and successful models to date.  If I see any more games that have a premium $15 monthly fee I'll just about lose faith in the entirely of the industry, as history has shown that the vast majority fail under those conditions and are given horrid reputations thereafter.  

One thing I noted as a part of feedback to Bioware before their game was even released is how I can't stand it when companies tend to play the market by milking their product with a year of monthly fees and then going F2P once subscriptions start dropping.  It's like many of us could just see that coming, despite them saying that if they could do it over again they'd probably go with F2P from the onset.

But it's a risk either way to announce anything as they're basically getting free publicity being #1 on the site for so long.

As far as getting beta access for pre-ordering it, I don't really know.  I'm tired of beta testing games and just look forward to the release nowadays.  It will likely depend on the aforementioned payment model, as I'm having trouble justifying paying for Final Fantasy when it comes out even with a 50% off discount to the subscription price that I'm offered.  That could still cost upwards of a thousand dollars for a single game that I am only renting and don't have access to when I say enough is enough (that is if the game even has the staying appeal and my friends pick it up -- which isn't likely as they still play WoW and refuse to budge for another P2P game -- to play with me.

I probably would've quit GW2 and NW by now if it weren't for them, and as such have made worthwhile purchases to support said game as I play alongside them.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • MytobMytob Member Posts: 79
    Hoping to get into beta before pre-order goes live but will pre-order regardless of a beta key coming with it or not.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

no that was the industry's hustle last year.  

NO MORE DIGITAL BOX COST! 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • fariah033fariah033 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    YUP !!!!