Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR - Game update 2.1 coming on May 14th update 2.2 coming on June 11th

Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Subscribers were concerned tha game update 2.1 is just Cartel Market. Eric wrote a post to ensure players that the Game update 2.2 is going to be a content update. No information yet what will be in the update but it is good to know that updates are incoming reguraly:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th
Also: Gree Event is coming back before game update 2.2

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

Full post from Eric:

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:
  • Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th
If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Comments

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I was really pleased reading about this :). I wonder if they might increase the rate of updates like this from now on. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    The promised rate is one update every 8 to 9 weeks. In this case, we are having two updates within 9 weeks from launch of ROTHC.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    They have a window of opportunity to turn things around right now, but I'm not really sure how long it is going to last.  Unfortunately, they need something radical to get people to look at the game again and consider.  More of the same and a new race aren't going to cut it.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Should add a fully fledged space sim, pazaak and day/night cycles on planets to get me interested again. And optimize their laggy engine.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by red_cruiser
    They have a window of opportunity to turn things around right now, but I'm not really sure how long it is going to last.  Unfortunately, they need something radical to get people to look at the game again and consider.  More of the same and a new race aren't going to cut it.

Exactly, although personally I have held back playing through a class since knowing about Cathar, but in no rush when no double XP on as the thought of playing through the same missions and their cut scenes as done on other chars, puts me right off - hurry up another double xp time so I can play through the class missions only!

LOTRO update next week looks awesome, and then there is the STO expansion the week after. Both of these have better stuff coming to them than SWTOR does atm, but it all depends on what 2.2 brings, the lack of info is just a tease to keep you hanging.

The Marvel MMO also launches in June