Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spell checker in Post Message Box

LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
The title says it all, really. It's such a standard feature on internet forums it's insane we don't have one here. Especially with all the other extra features we do have in the post message box. I'm tired of going back and editing posts because I found spelling errors I couldn't see before. I don't want to have to double and triple check something as minor as a gaming forum post. Give us spell check, please.

Comments

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    I don't think it's a standard feature on forums, more like a standard feature in browsers. For some reason my standard Chrome spellcheck does not work in the box I am typing in now, though. The web developers must've done something wonky to it.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Well then it doesn't work in Firefox, either. ;( The normal right click menu I get in Firefox is disabled entirely. All I get upon right click is "Paste" and there's no automatic spell checker squiggly lines.
    Yes, that is exactly what happens to me as well. I tried going to another forum and typing some nonsense and red squiggly lines immediately showed up.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

If you do a hard refresh to reload the editor javascript files in your browser you'll see I've enabled the spell check features in the editor.  I'm not seeing the little red squigglies in chrome but at least there's a spellcheck feature now.

We will be updating to a new version of our editor soon which will have more advanced features.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by Meddle

If you do a hard refresh to reload the editor javascript files in your browser you'll see I've enabled the spell check features in the editor.  I'm not seeing the little red squigglies in chrome but at least there's a spellcheck feature now.

We will be updating to a new version of our editor soon which will have more advanced features.

If by hard refresh you mean Ctrl + F5 I did that in both Chrome and Firefox. It works in neither. What I did find out though is that spellcheck is set to false on the element I'm currently typing in. I tried setting it to true via Chrome's developer tools and suddenly red squiggly lines showed up!

EDIT: Sorry! I misunderstood! I see the (non-native) spellcheck now. I would prefer if you just removed the spellcheck="false" bit, though. The custom spellcheck you have is pretty slow and ugly to be honest.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    it works for me using Firefox  if I shift+right click on the misspelled word with the red squiggles
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Meddle

I see both the spell check feature as well as red squiggly lines and a right click menu now. Thanks!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    The title says it all, really. It's such a standard feature on internet forums it's insane we don't have one here. Especially with all the other extra features we do have in the post message box. I'm tired of going back and editing posts because I found spelling errors I couldn't see before. I don't want to have to double and triple check something as minor as a gaming forum post. Give us spell check, please.

HAHA i hear ya OP,,we finally have it and i have to say i am happy :D.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.