Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does the combat feel?

2»

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I posted this ZAM article from a few months ago regarding the feel of WS combat at the first Arkship.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/377494/How-does-the-game-feel-ZAM-article-from-ArkShip-2013.html

Sounds GW2ish in nature but a bit more twitchy.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    Originally posted by Smikis
    game just entered closed beta, how can anyone know how combat feels, and if they do they are under nda, silly topic

NDA still means you can give your comment on how the combat feels to them (boring, amazing, etc, etc). Silly and stupid response.

Actually NDA means you can't even say you are in the beta.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Originally posted by Zapzap
    Originally posted by Destai
    As the title would suggest, I'm interested to know how the combat feels. I was just playing the Neverwinter beta and was disappointed to find myself rooted in place, this ruined an otherwise fun combat system. Does this game feel more fluid like Guild Wars 2?

I have seen some reviews form Pax mention your question and they say there is no lock or root in combat like Neverwinter.  people said it is much more fluid.  The devs have said there are also many spells and attacks that can be cast while moving.  From what they have said they want you to move but not be overly penalized for it.  But combat is such a personal thing.  One has to try it themselves.  Another 5-6 months and we should all be in and playing open beta hopefully.

I'm totally hoping to get into the beta. For me, the art style is really a flash back to some classic gaming moments. The humor is refreshing too. As long as the combat is smooth, I'm in.