Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guessing this is dead.

RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

No updates on website or twitter etc since August 2012.

I am guessing the game is dead. Surely if you were making a GoT MMO you would talk about it a little when the TV show is airing a new series.

Comments

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    it's a bigpoint game, so don't expect much. It's too bad HBO got roped into this before realizing what a big hit this series is. This IPO could really make for a great MMO if done properly.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

I say good riddance...

Maybe now the game can be created by developers that are a little more imaginative...

(or funding)

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Ozivois
    it's a bigpoint game, so don't expect much. It's too bad HBO got roped into this before realizing what a big hit this series is. This IPO could really make for a great MMO if done properly.

George Martin owns the IP, there would have been a cut for HBO to allow them t use the visual style of the TV show, but George would have the final decision.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by General-Zod

I say good riddance...

Maybe now the game can be created by developers that are a little more imaginative...

(or funding)

I actually liked the concept they had, small houses (guilds) that ally to the other main houses (Stark, Lannister etc) and can change their allegiance at will, in a massive PvP war over Westeros. Allows politics, backstabbing and general devious ruthlessness to prevail, very GoT.