Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPS problems and lag?

apoloniosapolonios Member Posts: 4

Hallo guys this is my 1st thread so be easy with me :P

I got a question of Neverwinter of why the fps are so low even with a good pc..

I got i5 cpu ,my gpu is Radeon HD 6970 2gigs 8 gigs ram ddr3 kingston hyper..

when i am in solo dungeon alone i have liek 35-60 fps eya i knwo thats the range depend of effects inside hehe

At protectors enclane i usually have 12-20 fps

At dungeons heeh thats random..if not many effects i can run easy with 30-40 fps but else i have liek 10-18.

Anyone had this problem adn solvedit?

i paly with max settings.. shadow low ambient occlusion off and post prossesing off...

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    I have been experiencing the same problems. Not noticed it so much with effects etc but when in high pop areas ie protectors enclave it lags hard, which makes me think its server lag. Try switching to a less populated instance to see if it clears it up.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• apoloniosapolonios Member Posts: 4
    Yea i tried that i can see less lag in different hubs although that doesnt bother me so much as teh fps problems taht i have..I quest in the area with the Azmodai shocktrooper deamons 34lvl and i play with 20 fps max...my machine is not ment to play liek taht ro i am mistaken..Every opinion i can accept.can i improve it?? is it the game?? is it soem setting? any insight?
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    You can switch instances.  The biggest issue I run into is the crystal area in The Cloak Tower.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Change the engine from DX9 to DX11 (still in beta though). On my system the DX11 engine had better performance and more importantly the GPU isn't running at 100% anymore.

You can chaneg from DX9 to DX11 in Video - Troubleshooting

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Reizla

Change the engine from DX9 to DX11 (still in beta though). On my system the DX11 engine had better performance and more importantly the GPU isn't running at 100% anymore.

You can chaneg from DX9 to DX11 in Video - Troubleshooting

I will have to try this.  Thanks!

• respawned1respawned1 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    For better connectivity, we also suggest our users make sure that they have performed the following steps.

1. Use hardwired internet connection for better connections and enhance connectivity.
    2. Turn off the antivirus and firewall before gaming. As, antivirus constantly scans your data packets which results in the delay, in your favorite application.
    3. Close all the background applications like video streaming, social media websites, etc.

If all of this does not work and you still want to stream with gaming, avoid ISP throttling, access region lock websites, security then you can get these along with many other benefits by using VPN. I am using PureVPN till now its working great! Hope this helps you.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    It's cryptic, all their game has lag problems, it's practically the same engine.
  • andreasewtandreasewt Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Man, I'm playing on PS4 Pro and have the same problem! Internet? No! It's their servers, other games online are fine for me.