Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Treachery of the White Hand to Launch May 13th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine has announced that the next Lord of the Rings Online update, Treachery of the White Hand, will go live across all servers on May 13th. Players are charged with finding the town of Scylfig and discover the roots of the encroaching winter. 

• Mounted combat revamp - New class-specific traits now enhance your mounted combat skills, while bonuses to mobility have been moved from traits to your base steed. 

• Hobbit presents! - Another reason to get in the game! All players will receive a Silver Hobbit Present each day they log in to LOTRO. Rewards vary from common to legendary and are tailored to your logged-in character’s level and class.

• New VIP benefits - Improved offerings for VIPs, including a custom character portrait frame, improved bonus experience system and better Hobbit presents.

Head to the Lord of the Rings Online site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Great news. Could you please fix the link to the announcement? :)

It directs now to the housing changes info page (which is great too, there will be lots and lots of houses on the market again).

• Why bonus exp? Why? I dont understand why players need to be at the end of the game immediately.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Keep up the work WB/turbine. I do really like lotro a lot and you are improving it with every major patch. :)
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    This game is absolutetly awesome again!  This update will add some good things and I'm already hooked all over again!  If like me you played at launch and wasn't that inspired - try it now!  It's a whole lot better!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Since the link is still to the escrow and foreclosure changes, here's the Update11 :) http://www.lotro.com/en/u11  (there's a nice video too)

For the bonus xp changes (@Edison and soponyai), it was in game already, called rest xp. They change it now for daily bonus xp, with the same goal as Hobbit presents - urge players to log in daily. Dunno why, but it seems all the f2p games are craving for daily login numbers :)

And I think it will serve more the "single character, log in every day" players, for altoholics the rest xp was better (since it cumulated an all characters offline). That's why someone referred this change as "soft xp disabler" and indeed if a player wants to level at a slower pace and has many alts, the daily bonus is better because it gives less bonus xp than rest xp on the long run :)

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Edison
    Why bonus exp? Why? I dont understand why players need to be at the end of the game immediately.

The leveling in LOTRO is the best part too, there is so much to see in that game.

I dont want an exp boost, give me a 35% boost to slayer deeds.

It is nice to see Turbine keeping up an acceptable content pace again though.