Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First!

JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

How does an MMO with "sandbox" in the description not have any info on a site like this?  

Anyone know what's going on with this game?

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

https://www.facebook.com/Pearl.Abyss.Black.Desert

They usually post in english along with korean.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/giochi/pc/black-desert-intervista-esclusiva

scroll down halfway for the english portion

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    YES finally listed on here. Woot thanks MMORPG.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    nice:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The game looks awesome but... What kind of sandbox are we talking about. Is the term just thrown in there so they can save money by not adding quests or storylines and make you just grind 1000s of mods to lvl ? Or is there actually going to be things to do that don't just involve hours of grinding.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Finally! Nice job MMORPG.com. Gotta keep this place in the know!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    The game looks awesome but... What kind of sandbox are we talking about. Is the term just thrown in there so they can save money by not adding quests or storylines and make you just grind 1000s of mods to lvl ? Or is there actually going to be things to do that don't just involve hours of grinding.

Go their facebook page and flip through the photo gallery a dev explains each picture in both korean and english.

It wont be a build stuff where you want sandbox as housing I heard is static and a limited amount but you can pitch a tent in the gameworld.

They said there was going to be dynamic events as well and if the npcs lose the town to say a dragon players cant use the towns services til it gets rebuilt.

Also there is going to be corpse looting I heard but not what you are wearing when you die.

Npc mercenaries you can use in the game world and to help in seiges etc.

Day and night cycles, active weather system, trading that you can send goods to other towns and sell etc.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

A couple of things I noticed in the video...

The archer shooting while mounted on a horse... just awesome... 

The random folks in town that were doing, you know... real tasks that you'd expect someone to be doing... not the usual stand there and yak at some other NPC... I think I saw in the second trailer a tailor/seamstress working on a dress... well done.

It comes alive when the NPCs are alive... most games NPCs are just scattered about and look about as plastic as a recycled bottle.  

I don't care if it takes me 10,000 years to level if the game is well animated and allows you to do combat on mounts that are as realistic as the characters themselves.

Bravo!

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

looks so awesome!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    A lot of good concepts in this one.  Looking forward to it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Keeping an eye on it for sure - always wish sandbox mmo's all the best :) especially if they're hybrid sandbox/themepark and contain the best of both.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

That looks extremeluy promising,i would play it.I hope they keep up the good work and don't sell out early.

When a game delivers right out of the box in an epic fashion it keeps loyal players for years.

HAHA you knmow me,if there is something in that video that looks cheap i will spot it.Around 35 seconds it looks like a ripoff from Epics EPIC CITADEl ..lol ,seriously this looks very impressive,i give it so far 2 thumbs up :D.

Downside is >>>WEBZEn,good side is Pearl Abyss is new and seems liek they have some skills,as they mention they have sefveral peopel skilled in making their own game engines.

Couple concerns no level cap.This allows for a very unbalanced game and with pvp that si a big deal.Also a really large guild could control the game.There will be limited housing with one player allowed to buy several.Now imagine a super large guild with lots of gold and players to buy up all the housing plots.

Peral seems to think it won't happen,i say it might very well happen especially an early large guild with players playing 24/7.

IMO the race for limited housing plots will be totally unfair to casual players and definitely out of reach for players that join anytime after launch.

Open seemless world is a plus.IMO a little too much is focused on Segie battles,this trend in current gaming bothers me.i don't care for pvp at all in my rpg's,especially not a system that allows maybe a level 250 veersus a level 1.

This game could be a gem or a bust and imo all based on the pvp and uncapped levels.ALso seiges will have no limits,so you might have a 500 player guild attacking a 50 player guild,cya ..next easy win.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• devtheherodevthehero Member Posts: 3

TERA's true action combat with ArcheAge style mechanics, been looking forward to this for a while, glad it's finally on the list.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Looks great, silly title though. But thats okay :)
  • pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Not sure how credible massively  really is but here is a quote from one of their articles:

"territory control, building relationships with NPCs, and an open-world housing system with a limited number of houses. It also discusses the game's combat, which is meant to be realistic active combat with an emphasis on skill and momentum.

The game's combat system will include combat on foot or while mounted, with mounted combat having several obvious advantages -- charging while mounted can be incredibly damaging, and you have an easier time knocking down targets on foot. Combat is meant to be slightly loose rather than forcing characters to have perfect timing, but the emphasis is on "realistic" combat over a string of abilities."

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/18/black-desert-interview-talks-active-combat-and-the-big-picture/

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    So is this a theme park or a sandbox ? Just seeing from the trailer the combat and art style look so much better than most mmos I have played.
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Yet another sandboxish game to look forward to... I hope out of AA, EQNext and Black Desert, one is worth a crap!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I was wondering when they were going to add this game.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by pacov

Not sure how credible massively  really is but here is a quote from one of their articles:

"territory control, building relationships with NPCs, and an open-world housing system with a limited number of houses. It also discusses the game's combat, which is meant to be realistic active combat with an emphasis on skill and momentum.

The game's combat system will include combat on foot or while mounted, with mounted combat having several obvious advantages -- charging while mounted can be incredibly damaging, and you have an easier time knocking down targets on foot. Combat is meant to be slightly loose rather than forcing characters to have perfect timing, but the emphasis is on "realistic" combat over a string of abilities."

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/18/black-desert-interview-talks-active-combat-and-the-big-picture/

Sounds great!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Nice to see it listed here! One to watch for sure.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Finally, it's listed here. Too bad it's not going to be released here in the US for a while. I'll be playing Camelot Unchained by the time it comes out.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Ungwe_LiantiUngwe_Lianti Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    Finally, it's listed here. Too bad it's not going to be released here in the US for a while. I'll be playing Camelot Unchained by the time it comes out.

I just now spotted this game, but is it really 2 years untill this Black desert gets released? Looks by the little i've seen like an incredible game, altho i put my hopes on CU the most. I've learned that looks is absolutely not the first to look for in an mmo, well i hate games like WOW, just can't live with the cartoonish bs. see ya in CU then :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Ungwe_Lianti
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen

I just now spotted this game, but is it really 2 years untill this Black desert gets released? Looks by the little i've seen like an incredible game, altho i put my hopes on CU the most. I've learned that looks is absolutely not the first to look for in an mmo, well i hate games like WOW, just can't live with the cartoonish bs. see ya in CU then :)

Actually you should give "LOOKS" a lot more credit.With looks i am talking the overall scope of the entire view,like lots of objects,buildings with architecture,nice textures ect ect.The reason is simple,it shows the developer is putting a lot of effort into the game.

This already looks like a AAA effort,definitely worth at least a try and see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Finally a section for this game. I will post some info for it when I get home.
  • AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Can a game with classes be called a sandbox? I dont know. I like the idea of a skill based system and not a class based system. The freedom of choice defines a sandbox, but from what I have read, there are classes??? Or am I confused with which game I have researched? Looks amazing regardless and I have to say, Koreans and Chinese are kicking our NA ass with games lately. It makes me wish I was still stationed in Korea to play it asap. :p
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Nice. Looking forward to more info on this one.