Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

1252627282931»

Comments

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by KappenWiz

This is interesting, I hope I remember to see how this turns out.

Well, really it's nothing we wouldn't have done anyway.

It's really hard to judge any game based on ideas and concept art.  Some ideas might not work - and some things might develop that work well.

A really good example is Pirates of the Burning Sea (another PvP game) - the orignial concept was nothing like the final game.  The whole Travel Map & instanced play was not the idea but way back (about two - three years prior to release) the Dev team changed to the current format to solve a number of problems.  As it turned out that was a mistake and created new problems of its own.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I'm not sure mindless gloating is the way to rid yourself of "haters", in fact attitudes like you are showing probably account for why CU attracted them in the first place.
  • More likely attitudes like that arose from the hater spam.
  • professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    which came first the hater or the spam?

what i will note is that every active forum has issues with repeated thread spam when news breaks.

"haters" aren't really unique to these boards or the MMO industry but its the way the MMO genre works to over promise and often under deliver
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by professornomos

As mentioned before, I dont think that time is the issue.  2.5 years for development of a primarily PvP game really isnt the issue. 

The issue is more whether or not he can excute a multi-server, non-mix faction PvP sandbox.  Especially when it comes to the economy.

Ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding but I dont think tacking 2 years will matter and MJ knows this.

What he knows and any honest backer knows is that this KS was based on this premise:

Either MJ has the ability to implement his vision or he doesnt. 

2.5 years is enough to get that.

As said I really hope CU will proof me wrong and that most of these early promises do get made into the game, but for now I doubt it. that's just me.....

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    maybe this is just me but i don't see MJ as making many promises. He's laid out a vision for a game that attempts to not throw the baby out with the bath water.

part of what he's doing is attempting to undo the last 8+ years of PvE wonderland or bust design philosphy by emphasizing player interaction through RvR, Buidling and Economy.

However what he's doing will be tough because only EvE has been successful in creating multiple mini games that let crafters/miners get full experiences without having too kill people.

MJ is smart but he's not omnisecent. however what you "youngsters" haven't figured out yet is that MJ does not having left ot prove.   Like many successful people, MJ likely no longer has the same pride issues he once had in his youth (which were fairly legendary if scuttlebutt was to be believed).

What this means for CU is two fold, 1) he no longer has to hold on to his ideas just because they were his ideas 2) he doesnt have too pander too the mob to achieve personal validation.
  • UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Time for all these people who couldn't use their credit card and who were supposedly waiting for the paypal to step up
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Paypal is working as far as I can tell.

MJ said that something was "Wrong with it" before he left the other day though. Not sure what - money is still coming in.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I think it would almost be a good thing if PayPal donations aren't enough to reach The Depths goal. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on the core game first. Get that all done and the game released. Then they could start working on The Depths after launch and have it be the first major content patch a few months later. That was pretty much what happened in DAOC for that matter with DF.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by meddyck
    I think it would almost be a good thing if PayPal donations aren't enough to reach The Depths goal. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on the core game first. Get that all done and the game released. Then they could start working on The Depths after launch and have it be the first major content patch a few months later. That was pretty much what happened in DAOC for that matter with DF.

While I still hope CSE takes in a sizable haul through PayPal and meets this goal and beyond, I agree completely. The Depths is best suited as a first no-cost DLC once the core RvR and the crafting/building systems are stabilized.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by TigsKC
    Originally posted by meddyck

While I still hope CSE takes in a sizable haul through PayPal and meets this goal and beyond, I agree completely. The Depths is best suited as a first no-cost DLC once the core RvR and the crafting/building systems are stabilized.

Agreed. What a cool thing to look forward to while we learn the basic RvR and Crafting of the game. We'll all be "leveled" up and stuff, too.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

is it ready yet?

when will it be ready?

• EvilgentlemanEvilgentleman Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Do not invest in this game.  Yesterday they sent out an email saying a beta test was going to start in two hours and will only be two hours.  This is only the third beta1 test I have had an email about.  What grinds my gears is they know people  who can afford to buy the beta kickstarter of this game would be working during this time.

Then after I bring this up in fourms what do they do?   Block me from forums and delete my post. If how they treat their investors is any indication of how this game will come out we all should be getting our money back.

Has anyone felt like they are worth the more and more money they keep asking for with no respect givin to those that helped them? 
    JamesGoblin
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Do not invest in this game.  Yesterday they sent out an email saying a beta test was going to start in two hours and will only be two hours.  This is only the third beta1 test I have had an email about.  What grinds my gears is they know people  who can afford to buy the beta kickstarter of this game would be working during this time.

Then after I bring this up in fourms what do they do?   Block me from forums and delete my post. If how they treat their investors is any indication of how this game will come out we all should be getting our money back.

Has anyone felt like they are worth the more and more money they keep asking for with no respect givin to those that helped them? 
    I'd be very curious as to "how" you brought this up on the forums. I've yet to see a person who complains that they had posts deleted and were banned who didn't deserve it.

"But I was just being honest ... ". omg.
    CoolitJamesGoblinAxxar
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

From your post on the CU forums (which is still there btw) they gave you a refund because you asked for one and as a result you won't have forum access anymore.
    KyleranJamesGoblinAxxar
    Sovrath said:

I'd be very curious as to "how" you brought this up on the forums. I've yet to see a person who complains that they had posts deleted and were banned who didn't deserve it.

The closest thing to a cuss word I used was "f'ing"  I even asked for a copy of forum  to screen shot to show, even went on to another account to screen shot the post and it was gone.  

I'm the game night lead and robot technician for my company togeather we bought 23 kick starter pack worth over 100 each.  I wouldn't cuss them out I loved the first game and pushed for this over crowfall for our next mmo.  But if calling them on making a bad call gets you black listed then something is seriously wrong. Accountability should never be a bad thing.
    Coolit said:

From your post on the CU forums (which is still there btw) they gave you a refund because you asked for one and as a result you won't have forum access anymore.
    Wasn't there when I looked last night. I'll go recheck, and I have gotten no email or otherwise info about  a refund.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I replied in the other thread, since this is an epic necro to bring back from the dead.  Read more carefully is the TLDR version of it. 

I see above you already received a refund, which would explain your removal from the backer forums.

BTW, if you are the game “night” lead/tech for your company why could you not attend a US daytime test? (If in EU, remember, sleep is for the weak) :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Sovrath said:

The closest thing to a cuss word I used was "f'ing"  I even asked for a copy of forum  to screen shot to show, even went on to another account to screen shot the post and it was gone.  

I'm the game night lead and robot technician for my company togeather we bought 23 kick starter pack worth over 100 each.  I wouldn't cuss them out I loved the first game and pushed for this over crowfall for our next mmo.  But if calling them on making a bad call gets you black listed then something is seriously wrong. Accountability should never be a bad thing.
    Why do you hate this game? We’re all excited and it’s not even here yet. Why are you trying to bring us down? Chillax 
    JamesGoblin
  • MastermoskitonMastermoskiton Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited July 2020

• MastermoskitonMastermoskiton Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Hello, I contact you to tell you that at the beginning of the year the developers of Camelot Unchained began to create a new game, so some members of the community, in which I find myself, did not like this, from the game commented that Those users who requested it were given the money back, so I contacted them and after verifying the authenticity of my data on February 22, they accepted the return of the money within a maximum period of three months, this period it has been taken in more than two months and they have not returned anything to me, from the study they have only answered that the fault is the virus, lie to not return the money, please let your users know this data and be very careful to invest in this company and its games. I can forward all the emails that the company sent me as proof if you need it.
    meddyck