Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pacific Rim

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zA92Rw6kNWw

Trailer looks pretty cool, reminds me of Big O, but the whole Insync 2 pilot dance dance revolution crap seems stupid.

Comments

• LaeeshLaeesh Member UncommonPosts: 95
    looking forward to this one! Guillermo del Toro gave us the incredible "Pan´s Labyrinth" and i hope he´s able to deliver something special with this one as well =)

• AngessiAngessi Member Posts: 5

Well I'm glad someone had the balls to say it looks horrible before me!

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked cool, but now that I've mulled it over, I'm starting to worry all this hype may be bitter sweet...

While I love Del Toro's work, I'm still somewhat apprehensive about this. I'd love to be proven wrong but the trailer for me screams overkill.

Is no-one else worried that we might have another Clash of the Titans, Transformers, Battleship CGI mess on our hands? I'm worried that it's simply going to be two and half hours of monsters and robots brawling.

Again I'll reiterate, I LOVE Del Toro and I hope there will be enough down to earth quirky human dialogue to supplement the fighting but I can't help but worry that Pacific Rim might be a bit shit .

Still, the fact that Riann Johnson liked it comforts me a bit

• LaeeshLaeesh Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Angessi

Well I'm glad someone had the balls to say it looks horrible before me!

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked cool, but now that I've mulled it over, I'm starting to worry all this hype may be bitter sweet...

While I love Del Toro's work, I'm still somewhat apprehensive about this. I'd love to be proven wrong but the trailer for me screams overkill.

Is no-one else worried that we might have another Clash of the Titans, Transformers, Battleship CGI mess on our hands? I'm worried that it's simply going to be two and half hours of monsters and robots brawling.

Again I'll reiterate, I LOVE Del Toro and I hope there will be enough down to earth quirky human dialogue to supplement the fighting but I can't help but worry that Pacific Rim might be a bit shit .

Still, the fact that Riann Johnson liked it comforts me a bit

hey, i can absolutely follow your concern´s. With Del Toro delivering some great piece´s of work the expectations are set high. It "may" worrie even more with seeing giant robot´s fighting giant monster´s while knowing there are so many "bad" movie´s arround and we don´t want to see Del Toro jumping on that train. But as you already said, Del Toro is able to deliver at a high level, maybe he is able to give giant robot´s fighting giant monster´s a "great" new twist ? =) But in the end, i can really understand your concern´s i don´t want to see Del Toro fall in that "bad movie pit" as well. Hopefully he will prove us wrong. (Battleship pfew, that movie is pretty bad (bad, really really bad in my opinion))

• silkroadgamesilkroadgame Member Posts: 4

The trailer is really cool at first,but...you know...

They just have no patience to do it perfect for every part.What a big pity!

Game art:http:www.game-silkroad.com/

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071