Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is everyone so excited for this game

13»

Comments

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Motherfuckin' Hang Gliders. Also Sailing. Taking/holding territory too but I'm not sure how that's going to be with the arranged fight time system I heard they were doing but know barely anything about. hmmm..... Changable classes and a wide variety of combinations from which we can choose. Mostly hang gliders though. 
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

ArcheAge has so many more features than any other game out there in the last 10 years is why. Plain and simple. No game launched in the last 10 years even comes close. 

• Player Created Factions
    • Housing (not instanced)
    • City building
    • Sieges
    • Ship Building
    • an enviroment that can be completely molded
    • REAL world Bosses
    • Indepth crafting
    • Open Class System that puts RIFT or TSW to shame
    • Open Character Customization (anyone can wear anything)
    • Gliders
    • Criminal/Jailing System
    • Bounty System
    • Under water building
    • Beautiful World (Sorry but if you think CryEngine 3 looks like shit you need a new computer)
    • Animations are very finely tuned
    • Combat that actually has more depth to it than most even know (abilities effecting other abilities/status' and physics system)
    I could go in depth on why ArcheAge is going to be an amazing game, but that is just a barebones look at some of the systems/features ArcheAge is toting around. 

If you feel that any run of the mill themepark will even hold a light to this game you are sadly mistaken.

Actually keep hating on ArcheAge, I would rather you stay out of this game so it doesn't get dumbed down for the carebears and casuals. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by TehTic
    I was able to catch a few videos of this upcoming North American release. Honestly I cannot understand why everybody is excited for this game! As that it has run of the mill graphics, attack  effects, and combat. The concept seems to be sound, but in my opinion the game is launching way too late to have a large appeal due to the already stated   generally poor game. Maybe somebody would like to explain why there's so much hype for another average game that is behind the general gaming community in time.

because i can, i liked the game...i dont know what kind of ''general gaming community in this time'' you refer to, but in mines we want to play this.

but do not worry if you dont like just....go away and dont play and dont start with the usual nosense vitriol from idiots like ''if it doesnt have tera combat it suck'' those comments are just a total /facepalm

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DMKano

Freedom of play and many options of things to do while in game - Archeage offers both while having very polished gameplay.

How long have you played?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I saw a video of Halo where a guy in armor had a big sword.

I hate medieval era games so based on what I saw I'll hate Halo.

That's how dumb the reasons in the first post sounded to me :)

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

why so excited?

Because it hasn't released. 

As with all games, the excitement will fall precipitously once the game is released and the features don't work at all like you dreamed they would.

We dream of perfection. We live with flaws.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Zorgo

why so excited?

As with all games, the excitement will fall precipitously once the game is released and the features don't work at all like you dreamed they would.

The game is released.

• VossikVossik Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I saw a video of Halo where a guy in armor had a big sword.

I hate medieval era games so based on what I saw I'll hate Halo.

That's how dumb the reasons in the first post sounded to me :)

Yeah, same here. What games is this guy playin that make AA look "run of the mil"?  Hilarious!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Zorgo

why so excited?

The game is released.

So this thread is about all the people who are so excited about currently playing the game or is this thread about all of the people who haven't played it, excited about the NA release?

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I hear you, OP, not found anything great about AA either.

IMO only.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

"graphics, attack  effects, and combat"

^ these are some of the LAST things people care about in ArcheAge.

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

I hear you, OP, not found anything great about AA either.

IMO only.

What do you and the OP find "great" in mmo's?

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    I heard about Archeage and visited the website. I think there are some good ideas but personally I wonder if they can pull it off. Also, stuff like the anime-looking race and gliders (??!!) make it seem silly. I played Lineage 2 and just am not sold on Asian games, I dont think they translate well for many players of western MMORPGs. I can see why people are excited about the sandbox nature and open world PvP and such, I just think the implementation will be a big letdown versus the idea.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Anime looking races.... Have you watched anime? Or even looked at the character models up close? The character models look very realistic especially when compared to current popular games. Are they a tad on the youthful side? Sure but only game i can think of that looks more realistic is maybe AoC and who even plays that anymore?
  • Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by k11keeper
    Anime looking races.... Have you watched anime? Or even looked at the character models up close? The character models look very realistic especially when compared to current popular games. Are they a tad on the youthful side? Sure but only game i can think of that looks more realistic is maybe AoC and who even plays that anymore?

You must not have looked at the Ferre female. Seems like asian games always have a child-looking female like that. Kinda creey to think of a guy playing that avatar...

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Eol-
    Originally posted by k11keeper

You must not have looked at the Ferre female. Seems like asian games always have a child-looking female like that. Kinda creey to think of a guy playing that avatar...

You know... there is a very detailed character customization, especially for the face, you can make it look as an old grandma too if you like.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

a high quality game that heavily relies on more sandbox type elements what's not to get excited about?:)

how many higher budget quality sandbox style games have there been in the past decade? that should answer your question:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I don't see "everyone so excited" about the game, most people who like the ideas in ArcheAge seem to be as someone else said "cautiously optimistic". It is way down on the hype levels of other AAA 2013 releases.

I think that has a lot to do with the length of time from conception to realization and finally onto westernization. Hard to keep such a fire burning when you have no idea when you'll get hands on with it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by TehTic
    I was able to catch a few videos of this upcoming North American release. Honestly I cannot understand why everybody is excited for this game! As that it has run of the mill graphics, attack  effects, and combat. The concept seems to be sound, but in my opinion the game is launching way too late to have a large appeal due to the already stated   generally poor game. Maybe somebody would like to explain why there's so much hype for another average game that is behind the general gaming community in time.

Sandbox...naval battles, housing, farming, classless, open pvp...so how is that a generaly poor game? how many mmos have even one of those features.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

now I am all excited to try ArcheAge... when is it coming out?

Sz

:o)

Originally posted by SaunZ

now I am all excited to try ArcheAge... when is it coming out?

Sz

:o)

This discussion has been closed.