Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

excited about ff: arr? what class/job are you looking forward to?

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by emperorhades1

The new classes have not been showcased yet.  No one knows how they work, if they live up to ffxi.  The new combat system is much different so please, whatever you think the classes will be, don't get to excited when you are let down.  My experience with mmos is that if a company is too afraid to show something, there is a reason.

Having a pre-organized beta schedule does not mean the company is "afraid" to show the classes.

In beta three you can play the classes and jobs.  In beta 4 (open beta) nothing is capped or restricted.

Seems to me, free open beta for anyone who applies with no restrictions on content means they're not afraid to show what the game offers.

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I hope they bring Blue Mage back because I love that class mechanic 
  • NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53
    I agree with Yoshi-P in that I would also like to see more caster classes/jobs. I'll most likely be working my way towards White Mage at launch. It would be neat if they somehow incorporated some out of the ordinary classes though, like Time Mage, or Chemist.
  • DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    I've been wanting to be a gladiator / paliden, and perhaps a bard aswell. I kinda was wanting to be a tank back in the day in ffxi, but never got around to it, so for ffxiv arr tankings gona be my main. Always wanted to tank dragons and NM's and whatnot. I did enjoy bard in ffxi to, so who knows in ARR i may be torn between bard / paliden.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

As someone who put the orginal game disc in the bin, promptly followed by my foot stamping onto it, I'm extremely hesitant in making the same mistake again.

(Yep I did buy it after playing the original beta, with the hope that my -plus lots of other players- extensive beta test feedback reports - several pages in each one, had been acted on in some way). Ah well.

So, does anyone know if there is some kind of free trial period for ARR? Also, will this be a sub game, btp or ftp now?

And finally, is there an actual date for ARR launch?

One thing's sure, If there's no free trial option - even a week would do, then it will be Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Best Forgotten

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

As someone who put the orginal game disc in the bin, promptly followed by my foot stamping onto it, I'm extremely hesitant in making the same mistake again.

(Yep I did buy it after playing the original beta, with the hope that my -plus lots of other players- extensive beta test feedback reports - several pages in each one, had been acted on in some way). Ah well.

So, does anyone know if there is some kind of free trial period for ARR? Also, will this be a sub game, btp or ftp now?

And finally, is there an actual date for ARR launch?

One thing's sure, If there's no free trial option - even a week would do, then it will be Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Best Forgotten

Existing FF14 players will be given the game for free with a free month. Aside from that it is purchase + sub fee.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Apparently some launch info has been linked in another post on here
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Really looking forward more so for expansion characters like Samurai and Ninja if they decide to add both of those. Other than that I will probably play Lancer the most because it resembles the Dragoon class.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    To the person confused by the classes.

Thaumaturge is the typical mage class using offensive elemental magic.

Arcanist sounds more like a warlock type class. They come with a carbuncle pet and use damage over time and debuff abilities.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Really looking forward more so for expansion characters like Samurai and Ninja if they decide to add both of those. Other than that I will probably play Lancer the most because it resembles the Dragoon class.

You unlock the Dragoon job playing Lancer.

• albynospyderalbynospyder Member Posts: 3
    i want to roll with an archer/bard then maybe do lancer/dragoon, but i really hope they add thief.
  • albynospyderalbynospyder Member Posts: 3
    also what is everyone going to play on? pc or ps3?
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by albynospyder
    also what is everyone going to play on? pc or ps3?

Since it's cross compatible, I'll be playing both :P

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

I played all 3 tank classes in XI so I think I'm going to change it up for ARR.

Going to go Monk as main. I originally wanted to do bard when I thought it was a pure support class ala XI, but I don't care for range classes so I probably won't play it.

• GodEmperorWAAAGHGodEmperorWAAAGH Member Posts: 12

I'm not all that excited about the game because I played beta and it crushed all expectations I had, and because I'm tired of WoW and its clones, but I'll be playing a Catboy Archer / Bard and a Summoner.

Catboys in Bard AF are going to be sooooooo cuuute~!

I love their /sit animation too!

A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Monk of course!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I am really excited to see how combat is with monks now because it was terrible in 1.0
  • wiseman333wiseman333 Member Posts: 8
    all the classes will be added but make no mistake it will be added through expanses pack.  One of my favorite thing about final fantasy 11 was change to a different class and the sub job.  FF14 improve the sub job and I hope the community the same has ff11.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Give me my Dark Knight, Samurai, and Thief.
  • k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    I'm not 100% sure right now. I think I'm gonna give maruader/warrior a go. Not sure how much they differ or how the combat system works but I loved warrior in ffxi and since it was my last 99 and was only 37 during the 75 era I think I'lI give it a go first this time around.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by wiseman333
    all the classes will be added but make no mistake it will be added through expanses pack.  One of my favorite thing about final fantasy 11 was change to a different class and the sub job.  FF14 improve the sub job and I hope the community the same has ff11.

Yoshi-P has actually said that he wants to add classes in patches and expansions.  So we could see a couple released before the next expansion is ready to go.

:3

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Dragoon all the way.  Dragoon has been my FF class of choice since XI.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Summoner with Fenrir as my trusty companion! We will slay all the squirrels!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    where is my dark knight and blue mage!!
  • KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33

when is beta?