Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

short recap of my experience so far

KrasnijKrasnij Member Posts: 40

hello community,

Yesterday i tried Neverwinter, and i really had a lot of fun after rolling my Elf devoted Cleric, Gameplay isnt that much interesting until you get at least to lvl 10, and thats where the real fun began, got into the next area with a lot of orcs, that spawn rather quick and even an oger to fight.

Pve is nothing spectacular new, but its fun, i like dodging, and until now, i have to use it, rampaging orcs do a lot of dmg if you stand in the red circles. Dungeon finder works great for me, and i like it.

PVP: now thats where the real fun is! Dmg and HP pool are so balanced that you arent instant dead when attacked, and i like that. Trickster rogues dish out a lot of dmg but i can outrun them most of the time. Winning and loosing pvp gives you quite a lot XP and sometimes even an item. i hope the balance stays that good until lvl cap. then the pvp will be my new mmo home.

have fun ingame, its not the best game out there for sure, but its fun. and a lot of improvements are possible to come...

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Limited play due to excessive bandwidth this game used but I tried a control wizard for about 2 hours and I wasn't expecting much from this game but it is fun so I'll probly play more once I upgrade my internet or figure out why this game uses alot of bandwidth.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I've always has a soft spot for cryptic. STO being my first ever lifetimesubby.  So was hoping for a lot from NW.  Right now the game leaves me cold.. I can't say why,  it has all the right ingredients,  but leaves me feeling 'meh'. I can only hope the polish comes before real release. Right now it doesn't make me want to part with even £1.
  • LanyzLanyz Member Posts: 5
    If you're interested in some NWN flair you should try some foundry quests. The player created contend I tried so far very much reminded me of the NWN games!
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

As another Devoted Cleric I gotta say this is exactly what I was expecting and I got it. Fun gameplay, easy to set things aside so if I have to get offline suddenly I can, flexibility. Ease of use. 

The target reticle has been improved since BWE1 which was something I needed to adjust to coming from other combat heavy games like GW2. 

One can have two massive spells (dailies) which is nice, no longer are we limited by choice of only 1. I can either do a massive column of fire on my enemies in an AOE or I can increase defense and hps a bit with a hallowed ground. It's great to have more choices. One can also build their toons in a way that increases the speed at which these daily powers recharge before their useful again.

I have the same reaction it's not revolutionary it's not game changing it's just fun and refreshing.

I also love the trinity lite they have going. There isn't a particular requirement for a tank or healer but when you have them it does make things a bit easier and even when specced for damage as a cleric one can help out enough to make a difference in dungeons.

Love their system.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Quick recap of my experience so far: "WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" :)
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    I had low expectations for this game, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it last night. All I wanted was something to hold me over until AA and EQnext, and I think I got it. I ususally dislike heavily instanced and linear games, but this one is pretty darn fun IMO. It may not be the pinnacle example of D&D but it does have the vibe. 
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    As a free player, are you able to try the foundry quests or whatever from other players or do need to purchase it?  I'm about to try the game as a free player and this seems like a cool feature to keep people interested in playing the game for the long haul.
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    As a free player, are you able to try the foundry quests or whatever from other players or do need to purchase it?  I'm about to try the game as a free player and this seems like a cool feature to keep people interested in playing the game for the long haul.

Im 100% F2P and was able to play foundry quests yesterday. I wonder if F2P players can create content though

Yes you can when you hit levle 15...

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

Im 100% F2P and was able to play foundry quests yesterday. I wonder if F2P players can create content though

Pretty sure anyone can create Foundry content once they reach level 15. Which doesn't take all that long.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

All you need to make a foundery quest is to get 1 character to 15.  You can play them as soon as you are out of the tutorial, although some will be difficult at that level.

You also get a "do a foundery quest" daily starting ~ lvl 11, that gives 1000 rough diamonds.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Yes free players have access to all areas and can create content too.

I play freee and it was fun as hell LVL 1-20 so far.

People that paid founders probably ruined the cvhalleneg of the game by getting OP starting gear and comnpanion at lvl 1. etc.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by khameleon

Yes free players have access to all areas and can create content too.

I play freee and it was fun as hell LVL 1-20 so far.

People that paid founders probably ruined the cvhalleneg of the game by getting OP starting gear and comnpanion at lvl 1. etc.

I wouldnt say that, the weapon lasts until ~ lvl 20, and truthfully the challenge doesnt begin until lvl 30.  I will agree on the companions, since having a good striker at lvl 4 is VERY nice.  Although I know many people switch over to a cleric that they get from the quest.

Although, in theroy, you could get a companion, level it up to max, unbind it, then send it to one of your alts, if you dont have a founder one.  The companion's level doesnt reset.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by sschrupp
    Quick recap of my experience so far: "WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" :)
    That had me laughing out loud! Thank you :)

As a free player, are you able to try the foundry quests or whatever from other players or do need to purchase it? I'm about to try the game as a free player and this seems like a cool feature to keep people interested in playing the game for the long haul.
    I thought this was a 100% F2P set up. Am I wrong in this?

I am enjoying my level 11 Halfling Trickster Rogue. Nothing spectacular hits me, for sure, but I have only a few hours in on it.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Derros

All you need to make a foundery quest is to get 1 character to 15.  You can play them as soon as you are out of the tutorial, although some will be difficult at that level.

You also get a "do a foundery quest" daily starting ~ lvl 11, that gives 1000 rough diamonds.

Level 10 :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

personally, it doesnt feel like an mmo.

you barely see any people. every zone has a billion instances.

all maps feel too diablo-ish as if ur forced into a path.

the UI while it is compact, itst confusing, too much bling and shapes and sizes, ii like minimal artstyle.

class customization.. so far (im lvl16)  is nonexistent. i can pretty much get every skill and upgrade them.

too much, way too much walking. and too much handholding.

combat is way too easy and dungeons are a joke, weather ur solo or grouped.

the good is that its fun when ur doing dungeons with your rl-friends and probably the foundry too, which i havent tried yet.

ps: how do i get a companion?

ps2: do the background choices you make at creation play a role at some point?

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I have 34 level devoted cleric, i don't want to overreact but till now i have blast...game is really well made from voice acting, gameplay, atmosphere.. some places are so dark mystery i have not feeling like this for game long time.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic