Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now? What future game are you hoping will succeed?

13»

Comments

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Playing HOMM3 and way too much CS:GO.

Hoping for ArcheAge and World of Darkness to have some success.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Playing Defiance and Scarlet Blade (Very traditional MMO BTW).

Tues I will be playing DFUW.

Waiting for Pathfinder Online.

Not much else you can do on chemo though. Want to get out of the house and back to the gym.

• MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48

Playing:  League of Legends (unfortunately.....), Planetside 2.  Occassionally I mess around in Skyrim, Fallout, and Path of Exile

Stopped Playing GW2.. the last 'real' MMO I was playing.

Hopeful:  The Repopulation... the only MMO that remotely interests me in the genre, unless the remake of Earthrise nails it (I'm not hopefull it will remotely succeed)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

playing: GW2 (because this in my opinion is the least bad MMO out right now)

Hoping for: Any future fantasy sandbox game with PVE and PVP options to be great. 

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192

Currently: EQ2

Hoping: Everquest Next and Camelot Unchained

Killing dragons is my shit

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I stopped playing MMO's.  I'm recoloring dragons and mirrors in Sims 2.  I miss playing with others but MMO's lack creativity and are all about PvP these days.  I will probably try ArcheAge.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Playing Vanguard, with one pause since 6 years.

Future games that succeed ? Hmm.

Maybe Vampire: The Masquerade Online.

Or EverQuest Next.

But I dont have high expectations in either case.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I'm not really playing an mmo at the moment. Mostly catching up on single player games and messing around with Smite.

Far as the future? I'm hoping Neverwinter does well. Really looking forward to The Foundry. Outside of that not real interested in anything coming out in the near future.

Only other games I'm jonsing for at the moment aren't mmos. Mainly Wasteland 2, Torment, Project Eternity, and the new Thief game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

playing Eve and POTBS...

hoping all games are successful but most looking forward to Wildstar, ArcheAge, EQN, titan, Repopulation, Shroud of the avatar...

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I never thought of it buit i guess FFXIV would be a nice game to survive becuase althouhg i don't le kthe current team nor the overall game design,it is still a lot better that a lot of junk being romped around.Plus if it sticks around and improves  i might try it again one day.

I also hope Archeage does well,it again delivers MUCH more than what these other half assed efforts have been releasing.No i don't think it is going to be super ground breaking,nor do i think it will be awesome fun,but it is giving us at the very minimum,everything al lthe other games are giving us and a little more.I applaud effort at all times,this game is putting out more effort,actually a LOT more effort than other games.

Havn't played Wildstar yet,too bad a lame publisher like NCSOFT got their hands on it,i guess having some former Wow execs they dfidn't want to slide any work SOE's way.I do hope it does well also as it is bringing back what looks like a complete package game with some fun factor.

I know a lot of people talk about wishing all devs success because of jobs,however truth is many people are contracts that are let go once the project is done anyhow and others are just moved onto other projects.So in reality it is just the rich execs making all the money and the rare occasion there is a FAKE firing [Stepped down]employee,he is usually a guy that was making mulit millions at the top of the board as CEO or whatever.

I mentioned that last statement because a TON of recent games could close down for all i care,they are VERY poor efforts and it bothers me because they are ripping off bored customers that will pay to play anytrhing right now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

PLaying LOTRO and AOC atm and have just started to have a dabble with STO.

Looking forward to The Repopulation and always hoping that in the future SWG2 will be made and a decent BSG MMO would be made or perhaps a Bladerunner MMO.

What can I say, i'm an optomist at heart.

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

I want to ask you which game will be the biggest upcoming hit!

edit oh damn everything wrong wanted to create a new thread and add way more titles

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Three months later, still playing GW2 and added Defiance as the "alternate" game.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

This weekend:

1. Sim City
    2. Bioshock Infinite
    Additional Current Games:
    1. WOW
    2. Defiance
    3. Tomb Raider
    4. CoH2
    5. Hero Academy

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Still playing Diablo3 .. hit 400k dps buffed on my wiz, and just got my monk to 60.

Waiting for D3 expansion, and Marvel Heroes.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Casually playing Defiance and I hope The Repopulation succeeds.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Currently playing:

- FTL

- Torchlight 2

- StarCraft: Wings of Liberty

Hoping will succeed:

- Elite: Dangerous

- Space Hulk

- Might & Magic 10

- Camelot Unchained

- Star Citizen

- The Elder Scrolls Online

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Back to WoW and EvE after playing WAR-AoC-RIFT-SWTOR-GW2-TERA.

I m also playing a bit of D3-PoE-FM2013.

Waiting and hoping for ArcheAge & Wildstar

• taurus1877taurus1877 Member Posts: 5

Currently playing:

Star Conflict - PoE - MWO - Sins of a Solar Empire - Dead Island

Awaiting:

Star Citizen - ESO - State of Decay - Archeage - Repop -Divergence

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52

Currently: Nothing.

Awating: FFXIV ARR. I love the revamp of this game. I see the all new content, the mechanic... wow, I was impressed. I think that know, this game can battle with other great MMO's of the market.

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

Still playing Lineage II (since years). Desperately hoping for news on a Lineage III.

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Not playing anything right now.

Looking forward to ArcheAge and EQ Next.  Also I am watching to changes to PS2 and GW2, both good games although not good enough to convince me to play regularly.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.