Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

Keep it up, PGI; you pissed off me and every other hardcore Battletech/Mechwarrior fan, and now you're silencing the few who are left and desperately trying to help you make a better game.

By this time next year, this game will be nothing more than an unhappy memory and with just a little luck, the developers will never find a job in the industry ever again.

And good riddance! The people at PGI have been the rudest, most incompetent bunch of misanthropic assholes it has ever been my misfortune to encounter.

Comments

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

What do you expect from a Pay to win game?

They are money grabs.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by ElgarL

What do you expect from a Pay to win game?

They are money grabs.

There's nothing wrong with a game wanting to make money, but in that case, you would expect them to try to appeal to their playerbase, not take every opportunity to insult and abuse them.

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

Pay to win isn't just about making money. t's making money to the exclusion of all else.

They are constantly trying to tweak things and add new content which will maximize their profit. It's not about creating good or lasting game play.

Their only concern is the money they can pull in right NOW.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

Pay to win isn't just about making money. t's making money to the exclusion of all else.

They are constantly trying to tweak things and add new content which will maximize their profit. It's not about creating good or lasting game play.

Yea, that's a problem; of course, "short-sighted businessman" is redundant, isn't it?

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

The game devolved into so called "veterans" finding the latest and greatest exploit to win matches.

Originally posted by Panzerbase
    The game devolved into so called "veterans" finding the latest and greatest exploit to win matches.

Most games do, but most of the time, the devs don't help them do it!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by codejack

Not ?

I don't think I've ever seen a forum for a PVP game that did not have several threads at various times claiming developer and/or GM bias toward some clan or group or alliance in the game... image

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Not ?

I don't think I've ever seen a forum for a PVP game that did not have several threads at various times claiming developer and/or GM bias toward some clan or group or alliance in the game... image

Right, but you don't usually have the devs on the forums saying that the people who don't exploit are just bad players.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Link the post pls.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

Originally posted by Thorqemada

Link the post pls.

...from the forums they just wiped? LOL

In any case, I am perma-banned, so no help here.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Yea, that's a problem; of course, "short-sighted businessman" is redundant, isn't it?

Well, an optimist will insist it's good that someone points that out from time to time, while a pessimist will insist it'll make no difference anyway.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite

Well, an optimist will insist it's good that someone points that out from time to time, while a pessimist will insist it'll make no difference anyway.

I'm a realist; the game sucks :)

I don't really care how it got there, I just care where it is.

Well, probably you were the reason why?

;)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

What a weird topic. Basically a rant, without any kind of substance.

Oh wait, I just remembered where I'm posting :).

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I'd say I hope this game hurries up and goes under, so someone else could get the license, but I doubt any company is in a hurry to try to get it.

Too bad, good IP, meh game, bad company running it.
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Exactly. This could have been a truly magnificent game, with only a few changes, but Piranha seems bound and determined to drive all of their customers away as quickly as possible.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Exactly. This could have been a truly magnificent game, with only a few changes, but Piranha seems bound and determined to drive all of their customers away as quickly as possible.

This game is the primary example why I don't play closed beta's much anymore.  I got way to invested in the promise of what the game could be to see what it was shaping up to be and ended up buying a founders pack I will probably never use.  Not a big deal but a leason well learned.  I think a lot of the people who where in closed beta and ended up buying founders packs got caught up the same way.

I didn't even sign up for Wildstar's or TESO's closed betas.

• ShiftytShiftyt Member Posts: 24
    I belirve they can fix it with time... but not sure if they will.

Shiftyt

• mase1771mase1771 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Good news everyone! PGI and IGP have now started banning anyone who doesn't blindly praise them or the game.

I've had numerous posts deleted (that were NOT inflammatory) and then handed a 72 hour ban citing that I had been given numerous warnings, which I never received.

Tell me something. If your game is doing as well as you say it is, then why do you need round the clock riot police (mods) sitting in the latest Developer Update ready to remove any post not written by a "yes" man? I mean if people were happy with what you are doing, then why remove their posts?

I am not banned and i do not blindly praise them - on many occasions i write very directly critic on what they do though i do also not blindly hate them...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I've heard of them squashing perfectly legitimate feedback on the forums too. I thought they did a poor job with this game, and it seems like it will be relegated to the dust pile. Hawken seems like it does the genre better.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

MWO is 200 ranks above Hawken in xfire...

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    You all act like being banned from the MWO forums is the end.  I was permabanned twice, and I still post there on a third account.   But I havent bothered to post there in months because the game is just World of Tanks with big stompy robots that vaguely look like Battlemechs from the FASA game Battletech.   I gave up on MWO and went back to looking for a Multi-player Battletech :3025 or even Solaris EMU.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I just wish they'd give up already and let someone else develop the IP into a full MMORPG and not just an arena, lobby shooter.

Russ Bullock (PGI):
    "In the end I think the community has shown amazing acceptance of our proposed direction of MWO if they feel it would be best for the future of MechWarrior Online and growing this great brand."

Playerbase:
    If you only would start to make the amazing decisions that would make the brand grow!