Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendary FAIL of EPIC scale!

Comments

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

I find it very unsettling seeing some posters defending "soft launches".

In fact I'm really hoping that a lot of you are just very young and don't know any better.

Any consumer rights group would have a field day when it comes to MMO's especially the f2p ones.

Lets not pretend that there is nothing illegal going on because there is, its just that nobody cares because its a videogame.

We are going to raise hell because some boobage can be seen but when basic consumer rights are being demolished, this generations only responce is, meh.

:2thumbsup:

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Pandamin

I find it very unsettling seeing some posters defending "soft launches".

In fact I'm really hoping that a lot of you are just very young and don't know any better.

Any consumer rights group would have a field day when it comes to MMO's especially the f2p ones.

Lets not pretend that there is nothing illegal going on because there is, its just that nobody cares because its a videogame.

We are going to raise hell because some boobage can be seen but when basic consumer rights are being demolished, this generations only responce is, meh.

:2thumbsup:

Finally someone who can see the bottom line.

Cryptic and PWE knew very well what happened yesterday would happen.

They do it on purpose. These high queue times work like a phychological conditioner on the weak minded, dangling a nice juice carrot stick in front of them telling "You do not have to wait in the Queue you know! Pay us $200 and you can skip the queue and play NOW!"

If they really wanted, they could have easily expanded capacity by adding a few extra shards yesterday before opening the flood gates, as the 3 current shards were already pretty packed the last days with Founders only.

All they did yesterday, was just enabling the old craptastic STO queue system and let people rot in a queue. Pretty much like how they did with STO launch.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Cryptic have taken MMO marketing to new lows.

And who's fault it that?

The impatient and intolerable players that cant understand that there could possibly be problems on launch days?

Maybe if people chilled out abit then they wouldnt need to pull this smoke and mirrors shit.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

On there web they say its a commen bug and the numbers that you see in the que are not the right numbers.

Its BETA cmon give them a chance. 

Originally posted by Snigerknud

On there web they say its a commen bug and the numbers that you see in the que are not the right numbers.

That bug exists since STO launch years ago. How many years does a developer need to fix a broken Queue system? lol.

Common now.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by JeroKane

That bug exists since STO launch years ago. How many years does a developer need to fix a broken Queue system? lol.

Common now.

No kidding. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

They say it's a "common bug" ?

What does that even mean ?

Is it "common" as in "most MMORPG's have this bug" ?

Or is it "common" as in "most Cryptic MMORPG's have this bug" ?

It most probably means: "Yeah, we know about this bug. But we also know from past experience that this bug does not affect our Cash Shop sale volumes, so we're just ingoring it."

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Playing Dragon Nest til I can get in. 3 hours later gets in. Has to go to work. That's my experience so far of NW.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    The queue was 2900 when I started, alt-tabing showed it as 105712, but it is still going down as its now showing as 990.  Looks like just a display issue to me.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    I find it funny that what a few years ago was called a bug, nowadays is called a "Legendary FAIL of EPIC scale!" Must mean all games the last 5-10 years has been superb and flawless since such a small thing gets such a huge reaction. People are not used to errors anymore. Or.. OP is a little kiddie brat.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

Originally posted by Harafnir
    I find it funny that what a few years ago was called a bug, nowadays is called a "Legendary FAIL of EPIC scale!" Must mean all games the last 5-10 years has been superb and flawless since such a small thing gets such a huge reaction. People are not used to errors anymore. Or.. OP is a little kiddie brat.

In case of Cryptic it is FAIL.

All their games are build on their same inhouse engine.

All their games run on the same hardware, share the same front end and back end infrastructure!

This broken Queue system with the so called display bug excisted since STO launch years ago! Never got fixed! Always the same ol' same ol' "it's a bug, we are looking into it" excuse for years now.

The 3 current shards were already pretty full with Founders only the last couple days.

They KNEW to expect a huge influx of new players and that they wouldn't fit on the current three available shards! Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out!

What did they do? NOTHING! Just put up the same old broken queue system that has been bugged for years and let people rot in a queue.

If Cryptic really did care and really wanted to, they could have AT LEAST opened up three more shards to reduce queue times.

They use Super Server technology, so they don't have to worry with server mergers down the road.

They did not! As they don't care! People that were willing to pay, already paid via the Founder pack options. So they got the big chunk of money already!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Just logged-in and got position 3772 in the queue...

A few seconds later that changed to position 79,463...

Now it's 2 minutes later and I'm back at 3555 !

This is a very innovative queuing system ! 

What it really tells you is: "The servers are all at capacity right now. While you wait for a free slot, we will show you some random numbers to keep you amused".

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Onomas

So many whiners in MMORPG land these days ............

Especially ones who whine about PWE games.  You would think by now they could come up with a complaint that is actually as bad as they claim it is, or one that is at least not due to a misunderstanding.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by SpottyGekk

PW/Cryptic have taken MMO marketing to new lows. 

No, they haven't.  MMO players have just raised the standards bar too high (in some cases unrealistically high), to fit with their self-serving "I deserve X because I said so" attitudes.  Also hype isn't helping.

If you want to complain about "new lows", complain about Capcom and EA bringing DLC practices to new lows by including stuff on the game discs, locking it, and telling players if they want to play it, they need to buy it ala DLC.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Can't play it longterm due to it using 2gb per hour of bandwidth and I'm only on 100gb a month allowance.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

From what I have seen of the open beta launch for all it has been somewhat smooth compared to so many other launches (gw2 anyone).

• xenomonk123xenomonk123 Member Posts: 15
    Oh people are supporting another buy to win, free to play trash wow clone with dungeon grind features. This game is sad and needs to be deleted before it ever gets released. I feel sorry for the kids who even want to play this crap.
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

What's wrong with calling it beta? With a product in this scale you can never ever predict every possible bug/glitch. They made the game as finished as they could before their deadline, and then released an open beta to iron out the possible faults. The only difference from many other games is that they won't wipe your character when the beta is over.  I think it's a good practice. They are telling you up front that the product is a bit rough and needs testing on a larger scale, and they are then giving it to you for free to help them test it, without any consequences. Loads of software go through years of beta before they are confident to call it a complete product. How long was GMail in beta, about 5 years? Did they wipe your inbox when beta was over? A beta isn't something "MMO-specific that has to be done in a very specific way".

If it's a paid product, there's a big difference. And that's why paid games in beta often wipe your characters on release. When it's free there's no reason to, because everyone has access to it, for free, for as long as it lives.

I really see no harm whatsoever with this practice. In fact, i think it's a really good one. All i see is a crazy witch-hunt on every single game that releases. Even the things that are done really well get's painted up as "EPIC FAIL" because it's not what you're used to, and when it has things you are used to it's an "EPIC FAIL NO INNOVATION".

Luckily the whiners are clearly a very minor minority that seems to gain pleasure from the act itself.

Also, the queue-number display is officially announced as a dispay issue (which you could figure out yourself in 2 minutes by watching the number go back down and decreasing from your original queue-number).

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 

No software apart for crap in gaming industry is sold when is still in beta phase. Gaming companies can sell pop on a stick (beta version) if they wanted to. Forum dwelllers then derp: "Oh but dude but it is still beta!"  Yes dude you are doing their job and they should pay you and not the other way arround.

Lol sofware is always in beta - you can relase fixes and patches forever.

.. and about the entitlement: ofc you have no rights, ever read a game eula?  See, even the loyal customers are telling you that you should just shut up and pay - resistance is futile.

Stop buying beta marketing ploys. Stop buying bad games (or in this case preorder packs or whatever they are called).

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 

No software apart for crap in gaming industry is sold when is still in beta phase. Gaming companies can sell pop on a stick (beta version) if they wanted to. Forum dwelllers then derp: "Oh but dude but it is still beta!"  Yes dude you are doing their job and they should pay you and not the other way arround.

.. and about the entitlement: ofc you have no rights, ever read a game eula?  See, even the loyal customers are telling you that you should just shut up and pay - resistance is futile.

Stop buying beta marketing ploys. Stop buying bad games (or in this case preorder packs or whatever they are called).

IT'S FREE.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz

From what I have seen of the open beta launch for all it has been somewhat smooth compared to so many other launches (gw2 anyone).

Gw2 was flawless compared to this piece of tripe. This reminds me of the Vanilla WoW start where people couldn't log in at all.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev
    If you alt-tab or minimize while in que (5000 average) it will reset you to 50000+!!!!!!

Beta is beta.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

Open beta, aka server stress test. What's so hard to understand?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    I think the thing people take issue with about this being in "beta" is that the cash shop is gladly taking their money. I'm not bitching, I'm playing the game and having fun so far, but I also haven't spent a dime (yet, lol). If they are taking your money then it really isn't "beta" IMO. 
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
    I think the thing people take issue with about this being in "beta" is that the cash shop is gladly taking their money. I'm not bitching, I'm playing the game and having fun so far, but I also haven't spent a dime (yet, lol). If they are taking your money then it really isn't "beta" IMO. 

The shop must also be tested, just like everything else. When it comes to that part it's really every man for himself. If you don't want to spend money on a beta, nobody is forcing you.