Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are Guardians stuck with swords?

Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

i rolled a dwarf guardian.

being a dwarf, i look silly with a sword and not axe or mace on my hand...

i was wondering, can guardians use anything other than a sword?

thanks.

Comments

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Was wondering this myself about the GS Fighter.  Is he literally going to be stuck only using great swords? Or is it really all 2H weapons.  That would suck not to be able to use axes, maces, etc. (as long as they are 2H).
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Unfortunately it's one weapon type per class. Which sucks because I really wanted a hammer or mace for my cleric. Not that...whatever the hell that thing is he's holding. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by EL_Sirios

i rolled a dwarf guardian.

being a dwarf, i look silly with a sword and not axe or mace on my hand...

i was wondering, can guardians use anything other than a sword?

thanks.

Guardians do get some Mace models too, I was using one around the mid-30's for awhile, it was a mace model with skulls on it, picked it up from a questline instance, so there is at least ONE available, see no reason why there would'ent be more.

Just FYI it was a blue quality item, i've never seen a green quality mace / axe model for the guardian fighters as yet.

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300
    I am Dwarf, give me my DAMN AXE!!!!! and a beer..
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

My TR has a pair of axes in the bank since a halforc.

There are 2hand axes and i believe 1 hammer in the game.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Punk999

My TR has a pair of axes in the bank since a halforc.

There are 2hand axes and i believe 1 hammer in the game.

yay... my day started well! thanks ^_^

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44
    The have other weapon skins including axes but I have seen them in beta only on "rare" items not on green trash ones.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by darksilver
    The have other weapon skins including axes but I have seen them in beta only on "rare" items not on green trash ones.

There is very very little armor and weapon variation in this game.

I am close to level 30 and still have the same armor skin as I had at level 10.

For a Cryptic game this is quite ironic.

I have a level 30 Guardian in GW2 and encountered already a ton of different looking armor. ArenaNet only slacked a bit with lack of weapon skins in early levels.

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by darksilver

There is very very little armor and weapon variation in this game.

I am close to level 30 and still have the same armor skin as I had at level 10.

For a Cryptic game this is quite ironic.

I have a level 30 Guardian in GW2 and encountered already a ton of different looking armor. ArenaNet only slacked a bit with lack of weapon skins in early levels.

Yeah you are right, as a CW I have the same problem. I hope it changes later on or we will have a problem. :p

From a dev interview:

Massively: One concern we've seen is that compared to Cryptic's other titles, Neverwinter'scharacter creation options -- especially the visuals -- seem limited. That was surprising to us, since it's one of the strengths that we associate with Cryptic. Will there be more visual options added?

Andy Velasquez: That's certainly one of the things we're hearing a lot. It's a weird transition for us because Cryptic's other titles weren't nearly as item-driven as Neverwinter is. That's something we had to be super-conscious of when we went into it. One of our legacies as a studio is that we have really robust character creation, so we wanted to go in and add a lot of options, but we didn't want to devalue that feeling when you get that next sword or armor piece. We couldn't find a way to make Champions Online'sendless character creation options work well with the thousands and thousands of items in Neverwinter.

That being said, I do concede that we could do better in terms of offering more hair and color and eyebrows and all of that other stuff. That's probably something we'll get to as we continually do more updates -- more hairstyles for this race or more horn variations for the Tieflings, etc.

So far up into the 30th the failed!