Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fractals

ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21

I've just recently reached level 80, and got all exoitic gear from dungeons.  I've yet to do any fractals.

Is it not a problem trying to find anyone to do fractals from level 1?  I see a lot of people asking for level 10+ but none for 'newbies'.  Doesn't seem to welcome first timers is all?

Also armour infusion.  How does that all work?

Comments

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Since they changed it so you can join a higher fractal group and raise ur level from 1-2 then 3 and so on i dont se a problem of you joining a level 10 group aslong as you make it clear your new and need the bosses explained.

If your on eu side i could even run you through some fractals myself when i get my comp back from repairlater this week (hopefully today but its a slim chance the postman only take 1 day to deliver)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

God I envy you ppl, bought the game at launch, my acct got hacked  after I quit and some idiot botted my main from 38 to 80 in 2 weeks....gained control back, made a new toon -playing the 80 is no fun for me anymore- and now I am lvl 58, don't know sh*t how the WvW work, never seen a dungeon, and wtf are fractals? ;)

Think I'll be good for a few years with GW2 as a good 2nd mmo. :P

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Muke

God I envy you ppl, bought the game at launch, my acct got hacked  after I quit and some idiot botted my main from 38 to 80 in 2 weeks....gained control back, made a new toon -playing the 80 is no fun for me anymore- and now I am lvl 58, don't know sh*t how the WvW work, never seen a dungeon, and wtf are fractals? ;)

Think I'll be good for a few years with GW2 as a good 2nd mmo. :P

Happy to show you Ac and Cm lvl 30 and 40 story and explore havent done cm much tbh and ta 50 story dungeon i want to do aswell but total noob there mainly done cof ac hotw for my 80s gear so far.

Will try to get a group to do all story dungeons up to arah since i havent finished my own story on any char i cant do that one will come in time

dont remember my nrs on the account but my most played chars in order

Garrtuk Grimveil

Jade Jordveil

Cuthbert Cromveil

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21

Cheers Lokberg!  I guess I'll just have to pester people to let me join them. ;)

Muke, from what I can gather fractals are similar to dungeons, but they level up in difficulty each time you do them, with the rewards increasing accordingly.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

You should check Dulfy guide for fractals to learn a lot about it.

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/07/gw2-fractal-of-the-mists-fotm-guide/

Also you can use Gw2LFG to easily find low level fractal group.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Anyone on any fractal level can group up and advance their personal reward level by completing the set of fractals.  You just want the person on the highest level to start it, so that person gets to advance his personal reward level as well.  

There are two main things to take note of.  The first is Agony, which is a debuff applied by certain boss moves that comes into effect starting at level 10.  It increases in intensity every 10 levels from there and requires increasing levels of agony resistance to combat its effects, as seen in the chart on this wiki page.   The second is that the general difficulty of the fractals increase with every single level.  The number of mobs, the frequency of certain traps, the number of status or crowd control effects enemies use, and of course the health and damage of enemies all scale.  Lower levels are indeed easier.  The scaling is actually quite satisfyingly steady. 

As such, you're probably safe to look for groups on levels 1-9.  The only drawback to the upper part of that interval is that players may assume you know what you're doing and not explain as much.  The difficulty should be fine though.  

Also use GW2LFG.com to find groups, especially for fractals.