Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hire different kinds of writers

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I don't mean in any way to insult the writers here at MMORPG.com. They are all very wonderful and talented people but I have noticed that MMORPG.com could use some writers that don't just state things, but actually provide proof and examples. As a writer I was always taught that when you're writing an article piece you must have information to back up your subject (I sort of thought all writers were taught this) but I don't see a lot of that in the articles over here on MMORPG.com. I think the problem may be that a lot of articles here are very opinionated, and this wouldn't even be that big of a deal if it was stated that the articles that the writers were going to do were "opinion" pieces. It's not a good idea as a writer (at least a journalistic writer) to write articles and then to not label them (opinion/news/business related/etc.).

I have hoped for a long time that MMORPG.com would hire more of the technical writer types and hopefully this suggestion doesn't fall on deaf ears. Otherwise keep up the great work!

P.S. Even though I basically said the same thing in the beginning of this post I want to clarify that I don't want any of the writers here to feel insulted or hurt in any shape and form. That was absolutely not the purpose of this post. I think you guys/gals do a fantastic job, I'd just love to have more of a variety of writers.

Smile

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Our articles are labeled in this manner. Check it out here.

Anything labeled a column is an opinionated piece.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by MikeB

Our articles are labeled in this manner. Check it out here.

Anything labeled a column is an opinionated piece.

Thanks, that does make it a lot more clear (can't believe I missed that)!

Smile