Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont Waste Your Time/Money

synsysynsy Member UncommonPosts: 14

The game has lots of potential, but just like Darkfall 1, it falls short. This game, just like Darkfall 1, will die due to horrible community relations and lack of proper updates to the game.

The game is so full of imbalances that it really just isn't fun. It is no longer a sandbox mmo as it is typically described. It is a themepark mmo with imbalanced classes that introduces some sandbox elements.

If you're on the fence with this game, I'd say wait it out until Aventurine proves that they're capable of addressing issues with the game and are capable of actually releasing meaningful patches. The downside is by the time (if they actually do) they decide to release updates to the game everyone will be over 70k prowess (already countless players between 30-60k prowess range) and will be a complete waste of time for newbs to try and join the game.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that during the preorder phase, Aventurine stated for months that the game's subscription price would be $10 a month. Just before release they ninjad the monthly fee back to $15. This is a prime example of how this company works. Also, with the amount of bugs and lack of support from the developers, this game in no way is deserving of a premium $15 fee.

Comments

• paladin016paladin016 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by synsy

The game has lots of potential, but just like Darkfall 1, it falls short. This game, just like Darkfall 1, will die due to horrible community relations and lack of proper updates to the game.

The game is so full of imbalances that it really just isn't fun. It is no longer a sandbox mmo as it is typically described. It is a themepark mmo with imbalanced classes that introduces some sandbox elements.

If you're on the fence with this game, I'd say wait it out until Aventurine proves that they're capable of addressing issues with the game and are capable of actually releasing meaningful patches. The downside is by the time (if they actually do) they decide to release updates to the game everyone will be over 70k prowess (already countless players between 30-60k prowess range) and will be a complete waste of time for newbs to try and join the game.

This is clearly your personal opinion. This game is great, and i am enjoying it because there are many things to do. I can say it is a 3D version of runescape, but it has only came out. There are room for changes. The things i dislike is the UI and slow movement. Other than that, the game is great!

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85
    They've been releasing patches every day. That's a lot more to say than other companies. It's refreshing to play a traditional full loot sandbox mmo in todays modern age of themeparks.
  • synsysynsy Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Arenthas
    They've been releasing patches every day. That's a lot more to say than other companies. It's refreshing to play a traditional full loot sandbox mmo in todays modern age of themeparks.

This is not a sandbox mmo. It is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements. There is even a quest system in place which serves as the fastest way to progress.

As far as patches go, they have been releasing "performance" patches every few days. The problem is the game still runs poorly with memory leaks and the game still consistently crashes, which is why my original post said meaningful patches.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Edit: I'd also like to point out that during the preorder phase, Aventurine stated for months that the game's subscription price would be $10 a month. Just before release they ninjad the monthly fee back to $15. This is a prime example of how this company works. Also, with the amount of bugs and lack of support from the developers, this game in no way is deserving of a premium $15 fee.

I love how you can write something like this about a game that isnt even a month old yet. Since your crystal ball says this game is a failure can you tell us at which patch its going to fail at? Or how about the date that Adventurine is going to shut down the servers? No MMO within its first 30 days is bug free and i mean NO MMO. So for you to say its failure while not giving it 6 months to iron out the major problems shows how naive you are in the development of online games.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    OP what on earth are you talking about? When they "finally decide to make meaningful updates"? The game's 2 weeks old man, why would you want an update so soon?
    Have you already reached max level and downed the big bad raid boss?
    Oh no, wait...
    If by updates you mean patches, well quite frankly, I've played many AAA MMOs but I've never seen so many patches in so little time. Even Rift had less patches than DFUW in the first 2 weeks.
    What truly does leave much to be desired is their server performance, it's gets quite laggy at times and crashes on a daily basis. Also their patcher has to be the slowest I've experienced in any MMO but other than that I can't say I agree with anything you wrote.
  • redrain84redrain84 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    @akiira69 Thanks for the wisdom. You are right everyone wants instant gradification. No one want to give the game some time to iron out the kinks.
  • faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

I'm going to jump in here as well and state that the OP is stating OPINIONS only.  Some of the statements are actually completely false!  The dev's are much more in tune with this itteration of the Darkfall series and are releasing updates frequenty to address issues. While the game is not for everyone (This is a FFA Full Loot MMO) it actually has a great community, and generaly the people who disagree are not a part of the communty in any way i.e. not a member of any Clan.

Here is the link for their updates page in the forums.  You can clearly see multiple updates and even updates daily if needed/solutions found.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?29-Darkfall-News

*Added in Link to updated page

This is not a sandbox mmo. It is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements. There is even a quest system in place which serves as the fastest way to progress.

As far as patches go, they have been releasing "performance" patches every few days. The problem is the game still runs poorly with memory leaks and the game still consistently crashes, which is why my original post said meaningful patches.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227400/

"Darkfall Unholy Wars is an innovative, Real-Time, fast-paced, PvP, Sandbox MMORPG. Players are called to form clans and battle for dominance across the seamless, zoneless, uninstanced open fantasy world of Agon."

Originally posted by akiira69

I love how you can write something like this about a game that isnt even a month old yet. Since your crystal ball says this game is a failure can you tell us at which patch its going to fail at? Or how about the date that Adventurine is going to shut down the servers? No MMO within its first 30 days is bug free and i mean NO MMO. So for you to say its failure while not giving it 6 months to iron out the major problems shows how naive you are in the development of online games.

First off, it's Aventurine, I can already tell you have little to no experience with this company. Second, I never said this game is ruined because it has bugs, every game has bugs, even games that have been out for over 8 years.

Now where's my crystal ball? Well, it's right here along with the amount of years I've put into dealing with this company. Aventurine failed miserably on Darkfall 1 and that game was twice the game this is. The company is notorious for not delivering on their promises. They did, afterall, let Darkfall 1 die as they will this game.

First off, it's Aventurine, I can already tell you have little to no experience with this company. Second, I never said this game is ruined because it has bugs, every game has bugs, even games that have been out for over 8 years.

Now where's my crystal ball? Well, it's right here along with the amount of years I've put into dealing with this company. Aventurine failed miserably on Darkfall 1 and that game was twice the game this is. The company is notorious for not delivering on their promises. They did, afterall, let Darkfall 1 die as they will this game.

Then why did you bother purchasing the game?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227400/

"Darkfall Unholy Wars is an innovative, Real-Time, fast-paced, PvP, Sandbox MMORPG. Players are called to form clans and battle for dominance across the seamless, zoneless, uninstanced open fantasy world of Agon."

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true. This is not a sandbox. Look up what a sandbox mmo is and you'll understand. This is a themepark mmo with some sandbox elements.

Then why did you bother purchasing the game?

I preordered this game before it hit beta. I am a Darkfall 1 vet so of course I gave this game a shot.

• StonemasonStonemason Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Personally I am really liking this game. Its definitely not for everyone, but I can't seem to stop playing it. I even find myself thinking about the game while at work. Is it perfect? not even close! Is it easy? not even close! The game is a real challenge. It takes some time to adjust to the gameplay and this is not a themepark. I honestly can't think of another game that I have played where I'm so involved in my characters progession (My very first mmo DAOC is the exception here). No zone changes, huge huge world, and you can't beat the thrill of exporing it. Danger everywhere you go. Well except the safe areas of course. I think the safe areas where needed but they are too big IHMO. Anyhow I don't agree with the OP or title. I don't feel i wasted any of my money.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

I preordered this game before it hit beta. I am a Darkfall 1 vet so of course I gave this game a shot.

I am one that very much knows this history of this company and you even state in your previous statement "if you knew this company like I did" yet to go on say "well  I pre-oreder this before...." so yeah ok, the company is so bad from your previous experiance you went ahead and pre-ordered from that same company a product that they are making based of the current product you where playing that was horrible?

Seems to me whatever you expected from this new version does not have what you probably had in the first and I am guessing  macros. The only people i see here and elswhere really bitch'n are the same guys talking this way but looking in long past comments all have some referance to marco's. In that case I can see why you are upset. But your blaming a company that you backed for sometime prior playing their first version which made you get the second to which at one point you must thought them worthy enough to do so.

SO yes, I am a bit confused at your own history/remarks, to me it seems something (again I think macro's) in this version really turned you off. Ok, thats cool what was it?

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I'm actually having a blast playing this game. Didnt care for DF1 at all, but this one is really fun so far.
  • SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    You shouldn't flame a game becauase you didn't enjoy it or because your experience in it wasn't that great.  

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i've only played for a few hours today, and despite being initially met with the lobby server being down, and the game resetting its system options after i closed it down the first time, it's actually been quite good. global chat isn't even atrocious!
  • pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

LOL,

"I'm a real psychic... unlike that fake guy in that TV show."

Too early to tell who is psychic...

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    bah

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

I bought it last week.  Spend about 2 hours trying to get the download working.  Finally got it working and it downloaded at 200kb's max.  Took all night to download.  Finally got it running, logged in and played up until that first portal you get to and the game kept crashing.  Tried a bunch of things, wouldn't work until eventually the launcher wouldn't even connect to the servers.  Spent another hour trying to figure out how to create a ticket.  Couldn't figure it out as their FAQs don't lead to any real answer.

Sent an email to the non account customer service, still haven't gotten a reply.  At this point I don't really care whether I would enjoy the game or not.  There is plenty of other games out there that are enjoyable.

I would say to those of you out there who are on the fence about getting it, hold off.  Let them get their shit together.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

I bought it last week.  Spend about 2 hours trying to get the download working.  Finally got it working and it downloaded at 200kb's max.  Took all night to download.  Finally got it running, logged in and played up until that first portal you get to and the game kept crashing.  Tried a bunch of things, wouldn't work until eventually the launcher wouldn't even connect to the servers.  Spent another hour trying to figure out how to create a ticket.  Couldn't figure it out as their FAQs don't lead to any real answer.

Sent an email to the non account customer service, still haven't gotten a reply.  At this point I don't really care whether I would enjoy the game or not.  There is plenty of other games out there that are enjoyable.

I would say to those of you out there who are on the fence about getting it, hold off.  Let them get their shit together.

not everyone has the same issues as you

• cenen7cenen7 Member UncommonPosts: 55

it's not themepark at all.   Unless you're racing others for prowess you don't need to focus on a single feat.  I haven't attempted a feat and have unlocked many just doing my own thing.  I'm at 6k, probably behind the pvp-focused players, but there is  a lot to do.

Probably even more to do in a good clan.  I 've bveen soloing mostly and focused on craft.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Do waste your time and money if its a game you enjoy....lol. It's not for everybody but defiently not a waste of time and money. The first DF was some of the most epic memories I've ever had in a MMO in my 20+ years of gaming

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

The worst lag you'll experience is in Lyran, as it seems to be the most populated hub in the game.  Outside of that, game runs perfectly, and the graphics are actually pretty good.  Like at night, it really gets dark enough where you have to pay more attention to your surroundings, lest you run into another player. 

Either way, I would definitely suggest getting this game asap as you probably want to get into the groove of things prior to when all hell breaks loose with sieges and territory disputes. 

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

HAHA why does anyone waste any time trying to argue any reasonto this guy..the game has been out like 2 weeks and he is already saying the typical stuff that everyone bitches about with every game that comes out and they do not like.... how is it that no one can play a game and apprciate it for what it is, not what it is NOT. If you do not like it thne walk away, no one is making you do anything against your own will. 

With that being said, the game is very fun for me ...i feel addicted to a game again...a feeling i have not had for a while with MMO's

p.s --the game has had MANY updates in just two weeks since it has been out officaly, what else could u possibly ask from a developer ?!    This again is the whole  GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME mentality, 

Av has done a grea job with DFUW- and i suggest anyone give it a try,  it break away from the same ole same ole...worth giving it a go IMO

This discussion has been closed.