Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it will be SO nice to start fresh

Cylan1Cylan1 Member Posts: 18
This will be the 2nd coming of the golden age of EQ. No expansions, no AA's, no 100 levels,  just RAW noob fun - SO EXCITING! I plan on building a new rig and taking off a week from work. You guys know there is a limited window to be a noob and have fun in the delicate infancy of what is sure to be the 2nd coming of EVERCRACK. I played back in '99, but I did not know the greatness I was witnessing at the time. This time around I encourage everyone to inhale it, let it course through your veins, and enjoy the high .............

Comments

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I'm all about some noob fun.

I hope it takes a really long time to hit the level cap or skill cap or whatever set of progression they're going with.   I've been getting bored at max level in MMOs for too many years now.

Of course as anyone that played vanilla EQ knows, the game was a lot more fun BEFORE you hit max level.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Cylan1
    This will be the 2nd coming of the golden age of EQ. No expansions, no AA's, no 100 levels,  just RAW noob fun - SO EXCITING! I plan on building a new rig and taking off a week from work. You guys know there is a limited window to be a noob and have fun in the delicate infancy of what is sure to be the 2nd coming of EVERCRACK. I played back in '99, but I did not know the greatness I was witnessing at the time. This time around I encourage everyone to inhale it, let it course through your veins, and enjoy the high .............

Yeah looking forward to it, on that note I feel the need to list the many names of EQ all of a sudden:

Evercrack

Everspawn

Everdone

Evercamp

there is a ton more, but yeah those are the more popular ones i heard.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Is this a free drug the first time? or do I have to pay for my first hit?

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    When are we supposed to get some more info on this one? August? I have been looking forward to this since it was announced. With all the themepark games out there, I just want 1 virtual world to call home again.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by pantheron
    Is this a free drug the first time? or do I have to pay for my first hit?

You never pay for the 1st one bro, that's how they get ya =)

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

I'm all about some noob fun.

I hope it takes a really long time to hit the level cap or skill cap or whatever set of progression they're going with.   I've been getting bored at max level in MMOs for too many years now.

Of course as anyone that played vanilla EQ knows, the game was a lot more fun BEFORE you hit max level.

really doubt the leveling process will be long at all, but guess we will see what they have to say in August...anyway Id take the bet that the leveling by itself wont take long, but rather you will have more choices, as to what you can level up   - much like planetside 2

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

depending on when it comes out, and of course whether it's good, i can see myself totally cave-ing it and sequestering myself from the rest of humanity for a few days.  not that i want to competitively level or anything but rather just get in there with all the other new folks.

if there is an rp server, maybe do some RP.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

Totally agree with the OP, the first days are going to be special.

Then everything will get put on the internet and I'll have to try and avoid players that want to scan for solutions to quests or guides to take down this or that mob.

I wish I knew what happened to my questing friends for Torvo who, like me wanted to figure it out on their own even if it meant dying 20 times.

Asdar

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    It's gonna be weird, because I also want to play Elder Scrolls Online, but if both companies stick to their guns or words, both should be set to release Fall/Winter this year.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I couldn't agree with you more, all the exploring and grinding is great. I've always loved the leveling process way more than the max level content. Which probably explains why I've always had a lot of top level characters in noob armor.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I also hope they keep the levelling difficulties, camping named spawn, exploring and the high xp loss (death penalty), from EQ1. You just do not want to die at all, because it really hurts.

I think I read somewhere though that the game wont go live until earliest christmas 2014, I just can't find the source now.

Anyways, I'm very excited about the game and I hope it will go live sooner.

• Cylan1Cylan1 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by asdar

Then everything will get put on the internet and I'll have to try and avoid players that want to scan for solutions to quests or guides to take down this or that mob.

I wish I knew what happened to my questing friends for Torvo who, like me wanted to figure it out on their own even if it meant dying 20 times.

With a living, breathing world and dynamic npc's - maybe we can count on things changing on a daily/weekly basis?

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

It will be nice starting from scratch. That way, I will be on equal footing with everyone else. Its always hard to want to play a role and getting into the good raids when everyone there has been playing for years with max gear and you are just starting.

Getting in the ground floor is always important for me. It gives me the chance to play the role I want to play and not just whatever is needed to be able to play with your preferred raid group.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Cylan1
    Originally posted by asdar

With a living, breathing world and dynamic npc's - maybe we can count on things changing on a daily/weekly basis?

Woah, just had a flashback to GW2 hype. Remember the living breathing world which would take YEARS to complete all the content?

So before letting your imagination get the better of you, let's wait for Aug 2.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Yeah I cant wait. Its going to be awesome like Diablo 3 & SWTOR was !!
  • rjjii1980rjjii1980 Member Posts: 4
    I'm fine with it taking a long time to max level, as long as the trip is fun and as rewarding as the endgame.  The problem with modern MMO's is the goal is to get to endgame and its hard to enjoy and savor the path there.  I started EQ in 2000 and I remember being a newb FOREVER.  The journey to the 50's was long, but hugely rewarding and an amazing feeling when the gear started to get better and you could walk around Freeport like a badass.  All the newbs leveling at the gates would stare in amazement.  Nowadays you download a new MMO and within 2-4 weeks you are max level and running endgame dungeons and raids.  It's no wonder that I played the original EQ for 6 years and haven't played another MMO for even half that.
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I can't wait either. Been playing a rendition of EverQuest for the better part of 12 years now and I'm ready to update. I have at least two others interested, will probably get quite a few more before launch. Can't wait for the big reveal in August.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

I couldn't agree with you more, all the exploring and grinding is great. I've always loved the leveling process way more than the max level content. Which probably explains why I've always had a lot of top level characters in noob armor.

Unfortunately this leads to the old problem of the casual player not being able to play with his hardcore friends because they have way outlevelled him. Of course there is mentoring etc. but that get boring really fast for the higher level players. So how do you think EQN could deal with this problem?

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    I'm honestly so excited for this game. I built a really powerful computer for this game, so I am hoping it lives up to my expectations.

Killing dragons is my shit

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Deolus

Unfortunately this leads to the old problem of the casual player not being able to play with his hardcore friends because they have way outlevelled him. Of course there is mentoring etc. but that get boring really fast for the higher level players. So how do you think EQN could deal with this problem?

Alts fix that problem. A casual player cannot expect to keep up with his hardcore player main toons. That just doesn't happen.

Killing dragons is my shit

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Riposte.This
    Originally posted by Deolus

Alts fix that problem. A casual player cannot expect to keep up with his hardcore player main toons. That just doesn't happen.

Yeah I agree. I really don't see the issue right here. A few friends put in much more time and effort into something than one other friend. The one friend is sad he isn't as good as the rest of them, so we must cater to the one? Since when did unequal effort should equal even results?

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger