Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens if the Kickstarter goal isn't met?

2»

Comments

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Zinzan

Originally posted by Nitth  

Originally posted by alakram

Originally posted by GPrestige Let's say worst case scenario, they don't reach their $2,000,000 goal. Have they mentioned at all what will happen if the Kickstarter campaign doesn't succeed?  
    If the goal is not reached kickstarter doesnt collect the money, is all of nothing. They will probably do another one asking for less money.
      This isnt directly aimed at CU but what is the point of a pledge deadline if you can start a new ks and move the goal post to a position you know you can make? Seems to me the system is flawed if you can start endless ks...
    If the KS does not hit its target by the end of today all the funds are released and the KS stops. That's it, that's how a KS works, hit the target or don't, there is no half way.

They cannot take the, say, $1.8? Million and then start a new KS for the remaining 200k, it does not work that way.

They would have to start a new KS from scratch and rely on people making new pledges, the problem is, CU is clearly unpopular and the issue is either they wind up with less interrest next time, they fund a lot more of it themselves or they reduce the scope of the game to fit the revised budget.

Thats not what i mean, I'm trying to say they need to cap "retry attempt's"

I can't see any reason why that should be an issue, I think natural attrition would see multiple KS attempts fail eventually and if it does fund, its win-win surely?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Those four or five people who keep making begging threads get upset. That one guy who created a thread prohesying the great savior Marc Jacobs needs money or the genre is dead will probably selfcombust....

The rest of us can then get back to the important business of complaining about themeparks....

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by meddyck

If the KS does not hit its target by the end of today all the funds are released and the KS stops. That's it, that's how a KS works, hit the target or don't, there is no half way.

BTW the Kickstarter closes at 11:56am ET on Thursday, May 2 not today.

Yes, your right ofc, for some reason i thought it finished today :)

Also to be even more pedantic, no funds have been taken yet so there is nothing to be released if $2 million isn't reached.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

This discussion has been closed.