Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning: if you give any honest negative feedback on steam they ban you

2»

Comments

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Stromm
    Hehe just suck it up and move on. You bought a crap game, we've all done it. Chalk it up to experience, uninstall it and put it behind you.

Well probably he doesn't want just blind wasting his money to some shit company. And want to warn people. Now days those companies don't feel shame to ask 40-70 bucks for shit games or even beta access.
    All those quick sourdough were made to milk money out especially in the past of 5 years. So you might decide if you rather waste your money on a each new released crap to show up them, they don't need to be afraid with their work and can release crap over and over again. Or you can stop there and the devs will notice that there are not enought stupid people who like to support each shit from them.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Vyeth

See? You folks use the term "troll" so much that it could literally apply to EVERYTHING.. So hey, if I don't agree with what you are saying, just label you a troll, ban you and move on..

Crying about it on ANOTHER forum isn't going to make the "booboo" any better though.. If it stung a bit, then maybe they got their point across to you? (don't say it didn't leave a tingle because people who truly "don't care" wouldn't insist on making a post in other forums about how they got banned from another forum.. just saying)

The point is, are you a Good troll or a Bad one? I can say like, the game is great ,worth every penny and it is flawless.That makes me a Good Troll lying through my teeth.The other can be said the same...Now the question to you is.Will the real troll please stand up! image image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Popple

See? You folks use the term "troll" so much that it could literally apply to EVERYTHING.. So hey, if I don't agree with what you are saying, just label you a troll, ban you and move on..

Crying about it on ANOTHER forum isn't going to make the "booboo" any better though.. If it stung a bit, then maybe they got their point across to you? (don't say it didn't leave a tingle because people who truly "don't care" wouldn't insist on making a post in other forums about how they got banned from another forum.. just saying)

The point is, are you a Good troll or a Bad one? I can say like, the game is great ,worth every penny and it is flawless.That makes me a Good Troll lying through my teeth.The other can be said the same...Now the question to you is.Will the real troll please stand up! image image

Hmmm. Haven't I just seen this post on Steam?  LOL

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Hmm,

This isn't my experience with steam forums at all.

Now Trolling and making shit up might be a different matter, but not negative reviews.
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by B1mble
    Originally posted by Popple

Hmmm. Haven't I just seen this post on Steam?  LOL

Yeah same person....LOL

I retired retroactively..Haha

Only 2 replies?  I think you have confused them lol XD.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    My personal experience is that yes... Steam does delete many/most negative comments despite/in spite of the fact that those posts might be constructive or informative. Why? Because they are ones selling and profiting from every title sold. No matter if the game is good or bad, so long as they get paid, they are happy. And they only get paid when people buy, and negative comments about any product make people less likely to do that. (And this might be a slope that MMORPG.com slides down in the future, as they have a "store" tab now, so they get a piece of anything they sell. Might explain a few of the overly positive reviews/articles/columns/Hype wagons as well.)
  • kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    They do delete any thread that does not make thier game look good. I had it happen i tried to warn people of the bugs and random crashes and lag spikes but guess what they deleted it along with the rest of people who post the same thing. I think they put more time and money in trolling people with honest views of the game in the state it is in. Dont get me wrong i would love to play but it is bugged to all hell and I will guarantee you that it will crash for no dam reason most of the time it will crash befor you even get in game LOL junk company.
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    So steam is a lot like this site...
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by JasonJ

Nope.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Want customer feedback look at their facebook only place they cant seem to delete post fast enough.

It isn't Steam doing the deleting. Apparently  Aventurine is in charge of how the forum is run and it is moderated by them. 

As far as I am aware Steam has nothing to do with it apart from providing the section on their site.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Why do so many think that negative feedback, or any kind of feedback, has to be given on public forums for everyone to read? No company in the world would want that, and most would hunt you down. They want feedback in their mailbox, or where/when they ask for it. If you truly want to give someone feedback, you turn directly to them, not to everyone except them.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by B1mble

It isn't Steam doing the deleting. Apparently  Aventurine is in charge of how the forum is run and it is moderated by them. 

As far as I am aware Steam has nothing to do with it apart from providing the section on their site.

So Aventurine is pulling a War Z.  Sounds about right.

Seriously, who think of Aventurine as a company worthy of money?  Is the desperation for this niche genre to be filled so bad that any horror of developer and bugfest is worth throwing money at?

I decided not to post and cant seem to find how to delte
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Why do so many think that negative feedback, or any kind of feedback, has to be given on public forums for everyone to read? No company in the world would want that, and most would hunt you down. They want feedback in their mailbox, or where/when they ask for it. If you truly want to give someone feedback, you turn directly to them, not to everyone except them.

Because how a company deals with it is a good indicator of how they will treat their customer base and future players need to have an idea what they are in for. 

The Steam forums were/are regularly pruned by the mods with absolutely no feedback as to why.  There is no communication from the devs with regards to their product or any feedback of any kind with regards to future developments or current progress. 

They could reply to the negative threads , lock them, leave them for a day then delete (Regnum does similar although the community there isn't so poisonous).  People wouldn't then have to defend the game so vehemently as the devs would have solved the problem before hand.  Instead they let things fester then erase without comment leaving the haters with a full box of ammo.

If they don't give a toss to that level and are shallow enough to bias the views of others by vapourising posts rather that let the game defend itself on its own merits then how do you think they will treat someone who has a problem with billing, or a tech problem, or they can't log i/update etc?

Positive customer relations is just good practice at the end of the day, its a pity this company doesn't seem to realise it.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Not wrong. They need to learn to take criticism. I remember why I never bought this game now.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by JasonJ

?

You can say almost anything you want here.. Except about Jason appleton, because he's big and scary, he invented spinner rims and he will sue you with his kickstarter dough...  Other than that, say what you want! :P