Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this is some awful joke right?

Comments

• TrobonTrobon Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by chaintm

Don't think so, I looked at this game after the preview in pc gamer. On their own founder editions there is mention of items you "WON'T" be able to get in game, but can in the store. So the matter that all content is availble without cash purchase is just plain out false. It's on their own website , I guess you can pull a Bill Clinton and deny it if that makes you feel better.

I was interested but when the article mentioned free to play I became instantly sceptical, went to the site and even thought about buying in, till I looked further and seen that not all content will be avalible. So while free to play, it will be like League of leagends and the like , you want that (insert item here) you might have to buy it. Meh, not for me, but just pointing it out that many of you are wrong.

You read wrong. All of the heroes and costumes that are available for purchase will also be able to be found in game. They have said that a lot. The only thing that you could be talking about is the FOUR special costumes that are only available to those who buy the Ultimate Edition. This is no different than any other collector's edition pre-order bonus. It is a few costumes that no one will be able to find or buy in game unless they get this edition now.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Trobon

You read wrong. All of the heroes and costumes that are available for purchase will also be able to be found in game. They have said that a lot. The only thing that you could be talking about is the FOUR special costumes that are only available to those who buy the Ultimate Edition. This is no different than any other collector's edition pre-order bonus. It is a few costumes that no one will be able to find or buy in game unless they get this edition now.

Yeah .. there are plenty of exclusive content even in sub, or box games.

DLC special items.

WOW mounts.

.. so this is nothing out of ordinary.

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30

Last weekend i looted a Colosses Constume that was not in the founder pack i also saw a thor costume that was also NOT in the founder pack.

I talked to a few of my friends they also saw some new costume not in any of the packs.

After hearing this i looked into it on the fourms and it apears hundreds of new costumes will be added that will not be added into the current and soon to end starter packs. In the next few months.

Looks like this game is starting to have more cusomization than any RPG ever .

Originally posted by Niquity

Last weekend i looted a Colosses Constume that was not in the founder pack i also saw a thor costume that was also NOT in the founder pack.

I talked to a few of my friends they also saw some new costume not in any of the packs.

After hearing this i looked into it on the fourms and it apears hundreds of new costumes will be added that will not be added into the current and soon to end starter packs. In the next few months.

Looks like this game is starting to have more cusomization than any RPG ever .

Cool. I can't wait for it to start.

I am in the beta, but not playing much .. because i realy don't want to restart when the game launch. However, i definitely will play when it lanuches.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Sky427

Theres no such thing as a free-to-play game that never requires you to ever sink money into it. 

Even if it is free to play there is still no reason to download this game over anything else. 

Half the character costumes look like trash, if they can't even design their own works of art correctly I can only imagine the character customization they can offer.

And your founders program is still shit, The in-game currency they hand you is going to be used to buy content or play the game. So in the end this game is terrible and will burn faster the hidenburg.

Why don't you go look at Path of Exile for a game that does not require you to spend any money on it.

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

I don't have a problem coughing up money for a starter pack. Being a fan of marvel. I will at least give them that. 

I have played beta. I played for about 10 hours. The U.I. is dated looking. It just don't pop. On my computer, the game itself looks clean and crisp. Controls are just like Diablo. Crafting is...meh. All in all I did have fun playing The Punisher and fighting the villians I have grown to love. Not a outstanding game, but not terrible either.    

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Grim Dawn is the action MMO to wait for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Theres no such thing as a free-to-play game that never requires you to ever sink money into it. 

Even if it is free to play there is still no reason to download this game over anything else. 

Half the character costumes look like trash, if they can't even design their own works of art correctly I can only imagine the character customization they can offer.

And your founders program is still shit, The in-game currency they hand you is going to be used to buy content or play the game. So in the end this game is terrible and will burn faster the hidenburg.

League of Legends.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Funny how people can get enraged with how other people are spending their money...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Arcona

This is off topic and I am sorry for that, Just have to say I have been stairing at your sig for about 5 mins now...It's really creaping me out! It's like he's stairing right through me /shivers ;)

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

I quit DC universe only because of the lack of content at release. 

And they really expect me to dish out money for this?

lol, its been a few years I wonder how Sony has been holding up.

Really? I have yet to come across a more enjoyable MMO that costs me absolutely nothing. Where does it say that you have to "dish out money"?

I think that this game will be awesome for the next LAN party that me and some friends are having after this summer. been playing through Beta and I have had lots of fun with it. I never expected it to have skill trees like PoE. I think sometimes people just skyrocket their hopes.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by spookydom
    Originally posted by Arcona

This is off topic and I am sorry for that, Just have to say I have been stairing at your sig for about 5 mins now...It's really creaping me out! It's like he's stairing right through me /shivers ;)

ROFLMAO i have been wanting to say that for a bit now when i see one of his posts

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Funny thing is everything that can be bought on the store, can be found while playing, i've already found 4 characters, a nd a couple skill point reset potions. So yea, no need to buy anything.
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Funny how people can get enraged with how other people are spending their money...

And funny how people can get enraged with how other people not spending their money, playing games for free.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by nariusseldon

And funny how people can get enraged with how other people not spending their money, playing games for free.

No game is for free, didn't you know?! :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. You can get all of these game and their FULL content for much less than the $200 founder pack for Marvel Heroes. Not just that, but every single character in those games can have a thousand times as many different looks as Marvel Superheroes. Gear you equip actually displays on your character in those games.

But you can't play Iron Man, spiderman or any of the avengers in those 3  games, can i?

Yes, you can play as Iron Man variant #23091. A brave superhero who has taken down the likes of Whiplash, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, The Mandarin, Dr. Doom, Ultron, Fin Fang Foom, and MODOK... yet somehow 3 muggers on the street armed with common, everyday Uzis pose a freaking threat. Oh, and all you can do is fire energy blasts. It's not like Iron Man has ever demonstrated the ability to fly, or super strength, or computer systems hacking, or anything silly like that. Nope, just energy blasts & force fields!

A level 1 character in pretty much every single ARPG ever made feels more powerful than a level 30 one in this supposed 'superhero' game. The game is a complete fucking joke.

Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. You can get all of these game and their FULL content for much less than the $200 founder pack for Marvel Heroes. Not just that, but every single character in those games can have a thousand times as many different looks as Marvel Superheroes. Gear you equip actually displays on your character in those games.

But you can't play Iron Man, spiderman or any of the avengers in those 3  games, can i?

Yes, you can play as Iron Man variant #23091. A brave superhero who has taken down the likes of Whiplash, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, The Mandarin, Dr. Doom, Ultron, Fin Fang Foom, and MODOK... yet somehow 3 muggers on the street armed with common, everyday Uzis pose a freaking threat. Oh, and all you can do is fire energy blasts. It's not like Iron Man has ever demonstrated the ability to fly, or super strength, or computer systems hacking, or anything silly like that. Nope, just energy blasts & force fields!

A level 1 character in pretty much every single ARPG ever made feels more powerful than a level 30 one in this supposed 'superhero' game. The game is a complete fucking joke.

Who are you trying to convice the game is a joke your self or others?

Its great you don't like the game, you don't like the fact that everyone plays iconic super heros cool but others do.  Stop trying to get others that enjoy the game to stop enjoying the game simply because you don't like it.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Xstyles

Really? I have yet to come across a more enjoyable MMO that costs me absolutely nothing. Where does it say that you have to "dish out money"?

I think that this game will be awesome for the next LAN party that me and some friends are having after this summer. been playing through Beta and I have had lots of fun with it. I never expected it to have skill trees like PoE. I think sometimes people just skyrocket their hopes.

Or maybe some people actually expect and hope for something better than just "average." Actually, I wouldn't even call this game average... I'm super psyched though that this game panders to those who have no expectations *cough~cough*

The point is the people like me who were hoping for a true Marvel MMO are quite disappointed by a game that looks like it was pieced together as fast as possible to cash in on the Marvel IP.

Smile

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

League of Legends?

Originally posted by Razeekster

Or maybe some people actually expect and hope for something better than just "average." Actually, I wouldn't even call this game average... I'm super psyched though that this game panders to those who have no expectations *cough~cough*

The point is the people like me who were hoping for a true Marvel MMO are quite disappointed by a game that looks like it was pieced together as fast as possible to cash in on the Marvel IP.

If I remember correctly the game has been in developement for 5 or 6 years, that is anything but quick.

Secondly again you have your own 'vision' or 'idea' of what a Marvel MMO should be yet you refuse to listen to the goal of the developers.  Your responses are emotionally charged and not objective based on what the developement team has said and done.  Your opinions on the game are fine but they are illogical, stop insulting people that actually listened to the development team and enjoy the type of game Marvel Heroes is.

• mooseherdersmooseherders Member Posts: 7
    I played the beta this past weekend and i got the impression that it was a very low quality, rushed, game. Sorry for people who spent money on it. Not very good gameplay either. There's much better f2p arpgs out there...
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

League of Legends?

The art or costume work of heros are actually costumes that are used in the actual comics.  You claim they need to use their own artistic talent to come up with costumes yet because of the IP costumes are already established.  Disney in the end has the say in what Heros/Costumes are used in the game.  Its what happens when you are dealing with an established IP.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by onlinenow25

If I remember correctly the game has been in developement for 5 or 6 years, that is anything but quick.

Secondly again you have your own 'vision' or 'idea' of what a Marvel MMO should be yet you refuse to listen to the goal of the developers.  Your responses are emotionally charged and not objective based on what the developement team has said and done.  Your opinions on the game are fine but they are illogical, stop insulting people that actually listened to the development team and enjoy the type of game Marvel Heroes is.

Aliens: Colonial Marines was in development for 7 years, and I think we all know how that turned out. A long time in development =/= any sort of thought or care in its design. And Marvel Heroes shows none of either. The combat is as basic as can be, the skill trees are boring, the graphics are sub-par, the animations are horrid, the voiceovers are so wrong as to be insulting (protip: Dr. Doom IS NOT A ROBOT), and the pricing model shows less sense than most of those in asian grinders.

This game was thrown together in about a year as a quick cash in on the Marvel name, nothing more. It is by far the worst ARPG ever made. EVER. Any other ARPG which has been or ever will be created, in any discovered or undiscovered universes and / or dimensions, would be a better choice to spend $200 on than this game. It is a complete and utter piece of trash.

Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by onlinenow25

Aliens: Colonial Marines was in development for 7 years, and I think we all know how that turned out. A long time in development =/= any sort of thought or care in its design. And Marvel Heroes shows none of either. The combat is as basic as can be, the skill trees are boring, the graphics are sub-par, the animations are horrid, the voiceovers are so wrong as to be insulting (protip: Dr. Doom IS NOT A ROBOT), and the pricing model shows less sense than most of those in asian grinders.

This game was thrown together in about a year as a quick cash in on the Marvel name, nothing more. It is by far the worst ARPG ever made. EVER. Any other ARPG which has been or ever will be created, in any discovered or undiscovered universes and / or dimensions, would be a better choice to spend $200 on than this game. It is a complete and utter piece of trash.

Man are you quick to jump on things I never said.  First you claim its a quick cash grab, then you say time dosn't equate to it not being a quck cash grab.

Never heard of Aliens: Colonial Marines so yea that example is lost on me.  Again you have done little to no research on this game if you think that Disney Marvel is not involved in this game.  Its their IP.  The game is also not Cannon.  Your opinions on the combat and animations are just that your opinion.  They are in no way shape or form facts.  

I think this is a problem of you not actually looking at a game with what the developers are saying and doing vrs your 'ideal' Marvel MMO.  Once you can get past that maybe you will start to enjoy video games again.  Your perfect game will never come out, you can only base a game off of what the developers say they are going to do and if they actually do it and do it well.

Now the well part to you is out the window, but that is again your opinion.  Stop spouting your opinion as if its facts.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Yamota
    It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

I am convinced the reasoning behind these doomed exploits is because of the lack of vision on the part of the people who actually get to create these games combined with sickening narcissim.  Giving LOTRO or Age of Conan to the people with the $$$ was the absolutely wrong reason.  Whoever held the rights to these IPs should have waited until someone who truly loved the lore created this stuff.

In a point of irony, I recall spamming the forums about how the opening Age of Conan video showed King Conan banging his fist on a map table, spilling his wine goblet in the process.  He vowed that the invading nations (let's call them realms) would be pushed back, and yet in game, every race and class just ran around together in pve pvp and none of the lore mattered.  Demonologists and Necromancers could run through Cimmeria without fear of being killed on sight.  Priests of Mitra could group with Priests of Set, and slay each other.  It was just nonsense.

In LOTRO, Bob the Dwarf could log in his Monster Player toon - and after the "pvp" he could log Bob back in and go right back to the Ettenmoors.  Total nonsense.  LOTRO couldn't even pull of two obvious factions, built out of arguably the greatest fantasy tale ever devised.

Point is, the authors of the above books have rolled in their graves over the mediocrity that has claimed their works.  And it's a gosh darn shame.  Look at the movie industry hero reboots we keep getting.  There's an obvious ego and denial of one's lack of creative talent issue going on and we as the fans pay the price.