Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioshock Inf. = Fringe?

FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

You have to know the ending of Bioshock and have  watched Fringe for this to even be remotely interesting.

Ok, so I was thinking about the ending of Bioshock: Infinate (and whole plot once you look at the big picture after the end) the other day and it hit me... the new Bioshock is essentially the whole plot of Fringe the TV show.

Let me explain.  I know concepts and ideas are borrowed across the industries all the time, but this seemed a little more blatent; or at least someone was writing from their subconcious.  Let me give you a few examples:

- Booker and Comstock are the same person but in different universes / the two Walters.

- Book and Com end up on divergent paths in the two universes / again Walters.

- Comstock steals the child of Booker from another universe / Walters

- The "tears" are bleeding into both universe that a girl controls / Olivia (no she wasn't walters daughter, but he did give her the powers essentially.

- The universes bleed over into one another.

- There is a war that bleeds over into the other universe altering the main plot

- One universe is technologically different (Zepplin theme in both)

- Dead mother in the picture

- The divergent paths lead to two totally different worlds / One ends up a bum, the other rises to power

- The cyphers in Bio / the hidden codes in Fringe

There are several more I can list but I'll let you put them together (unless I'm totally seeing something that isn't there).  I dunno, I was just laying in bed at the edge of sleep and all these commonalities started popping in my head.

Thoughts? Opnions.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

If you read allot of books, watch allot of movies/tv series, play allot of games, you'll bound to see similar things some even very similar alike.

But good crossover find never the less.....

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    They totaly the same!!! I am so dissappointed also :(

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Never seen Fringe. However, I don't see why everyone thinks the reveal of Comstock = alternate universe Booker was such a twist. I wasn't even halfway finished with the game before I figured it out. Furthermore, the ending didn't make much sense. I think they tried too hard to be 'deep', and ended up writing themselves into a corner.

Still a fantastic game though, and the Songbird statue was well worth the extra cash. Hopefully the DLC will expand upon the story, and the ending, a bit more.

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Never seen Fringe. However, I don't see why everyone thinks the reveal of Comstock = alternate universe Booker was such a twist. I wasn't even halfway finished with the game before I figured it out. Furthermore, the ending didn't make much sense. I think they tried too hard to be 'deep', and ended up writing themselves into a corner.

Still a fantastic game though, and the Songbird statue was well worth the extra cash. Hopefully the DLC will expand upon the story, and the ending, a bit more.

Oh, I'm not saying that much of the Bioshock narrative wasn't predictable... in fact, I think they did it on purpose (red herrings) for the twist at the end..  There are a LOT of socio-political things I didn't like about the game and downright pissed me off, but the end, I thought was well done.  I thought a lot of the gameplay was tedious too, but  I'm glad I played it.