Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redwall Game

ChuChuTrickChuChuTrick Member UncommonPosts: 27

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/somagames/redwall-the-warrior-reborn?ref=category

I don't know about you guys, but redwall was like...the best series I ever read as a kid...me and my brother we just talking about a redwall themed game a week ago...and how it would be awesome.

Anyways, just putting it out there.

Comments

• bolddogbolddog Member Posts: 5
    What kind of game is this man?
  • Cobretti47Cobretti47 Member Posts: 2
    I loved Redwall as a teen,  I still name my characters after characters from the books.  I have even read some of the new books as an adul, even meet Brian Jacques in Ireland once. When I got into MMOs with SWG I always dreamed of a Redwall MMO. Even though this is not an MMO I will still watch it through development.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Cobretti47
    I loved Redwall as a teen,  I still name my characters after characters from the books.  I have even read some of the new books as an adul, even meet Brian Jacques in Iteland once. When I got into MMOs with SWG I always dreamed of a Redwall MMO. Even though this is not an MMOS I will still watch it through development.

I think I'll back this.  Salamandastron was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Killing rats will finally make sense, unless you are one!
  • ChuChuTrickChuChuTrick Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by bolddog
    What kind of game is this man?

The project is sorta a dual purpose one, they're gaurenteeing "AbbeyCraft" which is going to be a 3D render of the Redwall abbey using Minecraft, to create a way for Devs to interact with their fans.

The stretch goals are going into funding an Adventure game (RPG) (Already in production) that will not use minecraft in anyway. I'd keep an eye on the project once they update it a few times there should be more information on their stretch goals.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I remember reading so many of those books in Elementary school. They hit me  right in the nostalgia, and the wallet. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Soma games came forth with the first backer update, basically do to overwhelming request to get the Adventure game going, Soma's immediate stretch goal will be for the adventure game once the inital goal is met...so if the AbbeyCraft holds no interest to you, this will be infact a kickstarter for the adventure game.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

If I am reading this right, the Kickstarter is to fund a Minecraft map with a stretch goal of putting money toward the game. Is that correct?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Yes and No, from what I understand the adventure game is happening with or without the kickstarter, stretch goals are for additional content for the Adventure game and to push it out faster.

The minecraft portion is so that the dev's have a 3D rendering tool to design the Redwall Abbey where they can also interact with the backers and other "loremasters" to help create the Abbey being that there are no official blueprints for the redwall abbey...

Kickstarter is on it's final stretch.

159% funded, 1k away from it's second stretch goal.