Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why we pledged $150.

FrotoFroto Member Posts: 3
We chose the $150.00 pack as it comes with 2 copies for myself and my wife.  We both played DAOC everyday for countless hours for many years.  As this was our first MMO it became the game which we have compared every other MMO to since.  We made many friends from playing this game that we still have today.   We decided as a couple to pledge not because of DAOC (as those memories can never be duplicated), but because we are tired of buying all the large budget MMO's that you never play again after 2-3 months.  We pledged $150.00 because we believe that a small team that can call its own shots can produce a better  product and have more flexibility to correct any mistakes it makes along the way.  

Comments

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

That's why I pledged as well.

$250 for the lifetime sub... I've spent that easily on games that don't last. I'm debating on trying to convince my wife to play her very first game... not sure if we can fork over more though.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Froto
    We chose the $150.00 pack as it comes with 2 copies for myself and my wife.  We both played DAOC everyday for countless hours for many years.  As this was our first MMO it became the game which we have compared every other MMO to since.  We made many friends from playing this game that we still have today.   We decided as a couple to pledge not because of DAOC (as those memories can never be duplicated), but because we are tired of buying all the large budget MMO's that you never play again after 2-3 months.  We pledged $150.00 because we believe that a small team that can call its own shots can produce a better  product and have more flexibility to correct any mistakes it makes along the way.  

Disagree with the last sentence on a grand scale.  

it's not complicated bigger is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhADtdPrgo

SUP

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    Originally posted by Froto
    We pledged $150.00 because we believe that a small team that can call its own shots can produce a better  product and have more flexibility to correct any mistakes it makes along the way.  

Disagree with the last sentence on a grand scale.  

I think the point is whether a small team of independent developers not beholden to a corporate publisher can treat their community better going forward than the behemoth conglomerates have done with the larger MMO commuity over the last decade.

This question, while not answered in any final sense, is at the heart of the Camelot Unchained experiment.  So far, I think CSE has done an excellent job in terms of their candid commmunication and invitation to participate in building something new and cool.

/deposit two cents

PS:  And, Froto, I want to welcome you and your wife to the Camelot Unchained communnity.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please keep kickstarter discussion to the Kickstarter thread.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.