Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And Just like that...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

You might want to, ahhh I dont know, maybe, GIVE REASONS WHY you think its bad?

Instead of crying and stompiing your feet, act like an adult and convey your reasons intelligently?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Here it is. I bought DLC content which had game maps and pvp maps, SOE took those maps away, literally stealing content back for which I paid.

Ok, if that's true, SOE made a big no-no.  I'd be pissed too.

But you mentioned the PvP itself.  Did that change somehow?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Here it is. I bought DLC content which had game maps and pvp maps, SOE took those maps away, literally stealing content back for which I paid.

I've contacted a n attorney to see how legal that is, and boycotting all SOE titles.

Did they give an explanation?  I use to play the game but I haven't for a while.  Which pvp maps from which DLC?

Edit:  I've been trying to check out the DCU forums to see if I can get a better understanding of what you are talking about.  The closest thing I could find in my admittedly brief search was the new map rotation system.  Is that what you are talking about?  I can see where a rotation system  could get dicey when many different dlc packs offere different pvp environments.  So if someone has one of the dlcs and those maps don't happen to be in the rotation for however long the rotation lasts that would be annoying.  Also would be annoying for those that don't have the dlc's to not have pvp maps to play on because only dlc maps happen to be in that week/month/whatever's rotation.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Ok, if that's true, SOE made a big no-no.  I'd be pissed too.

But you mentioned the PvP itself.  Did that change somehow?

PVP armor was wiped basically, all your work in the past to get what you have, non factor. You have to regrind the armors you already had to get the "cR" rating to buy the next level armor" aka cookie cutter templates with no diversity.

THe main issue is the DLC content . that to me is theft.

THey failed on the last patch, The rotation is BS. I had the same maps as yesterday and they are maps I dont want to play. I had a specific set of maps I liked, and now I cant play those for which I paid for. THe Queus now are twice as long only getting one map to queue now. It is a disaster.

It is also about the limit of what a company can get away with. Instead of understanding that people paid money for that content, they felt they could simply removed it, and pout it opn a rotation system ? What is next , character rotation, only play one character a week, how about raid rotation and other pve limitation to even monthly subscribers.  Ill take my chances investing in Funcom. I will never play another Sony game again.

The thing about the new PvP sets is that, they have cheap ones now in the watchtower.  When I logged back in with my 30 after almost a year, I still had my PvP gear.  I remember grinding that gear through matches and ring wars... when I came back and checked the watchtower, I found some similar gear with good stats in the watchtower for relatively cheap.  Granted it wasn't the top tier, but it gave my PvP CR around an 80, which is pretty damn good overall.  

I think SOE did screw some of us that did grind out that previous gear (though the styles are still good to have)  but I think going forward -- when I roll new characters, I'll be happier with more competitive gear for less.

As for the rest, I opted for the legendary subscription, but I can understand how bad it would be to get some content I paid for taken away.  I don't really like SOE as a company overall due to SWG and then not giving Vanguard any attention after taking it over,  but unfortunately I love DCUO.  

Have you contacted their support and asked about your missing content?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Legally, they have done nothing wrong. Unfortunately its a case of go read the Terms of Service. You dont own anything in the game, you get a license to play, SOE have a right to make changes etc etc 

Ethically, and Customer service wise, they have screwed up badly. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom