Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just CAN'T do Defending Arcanum (RL inhibitions in games...)

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
Ok here is why. I can't jump. Period. I just CAN NOT jump. I fell into every 2nd chasm, which always ports me back to the start and I am gosh darn afraid of heights. Like some people are afraid of spiders or what. I just can't jump, when there is a deep chasm below. Virtual or not, it makes no difference.

Damn! Why did this story instance HAVE to be in a jumping sequence!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I feel your pain. Virtual heights affect me as well. I still can't manage the Asura puzzles without feeling unwell.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Leethe
    I feel your pain. Virtual heights affect me as well. I still can't manage the Asura puzzles without feeling unwell.

It just sucks, because I cant finish one of the main plots of the expansion.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I feel your pain.  I have always had an aversion to swimming through murky water in any of the Elder Scrolls games, and most recently Farcry 3.

I just hate those unexpected attacks from amphibious creatures.  /shudder

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Imagine jumping with the oculus rift
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    thats kinda funny, i never heard about virtual height fear. Ask someone to jump for you, then you continue after that. 
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

OMG! I wanted to write the exact same thing

*Twilight Zone Intro*

Originally posted by kabitoshin

Heh, I guess I need valerian pills and a puking bag then. XD

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Now that you mention it, I get a weird feeling every time my character accidentally goes over a cliff and falls a long distance to his death. It tends to happen on Belsavis because of all those darn hills and escalators..

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

I just phoned with a friend with whom I had played GW2, and we both had with difficulty managed to solve many of the GW2 jump puzzles. He said, he found jumping iun SWTOR *a lot* more difficult, since the characters in SWTOR react much more cumbersome and slow. Now since I also managed to do the GW2 jump puzzles somehow, and I just fail at them in SWTOR, I guess indeed SWTOR just has a bit an issue with character movement.

Maybe they just should not have had a story quest with mandatory jumping with their not so optimal jumping animation.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

My team played this very mission last night and it had my stomach fall out everytime I fell off , it wasn't plesant to say the very least. I was squirming a lot. We did complete it eventually , sweaty palms and all. i feel your phobia.Makeb itself isn't much better , a lot of cliffs to fall off there too.

I can give some advise though , well it's a mini spoiler , the last few feet of the mission hasn't got any drops in it. Might help a little. O and beware of a champion ancient rakghoul ( if you are in a party of 3 ) , he is rock hard!!!!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    I don't have much of a problem with virtual heights while in game.  However, I have occasionally dreamed about the same game situation and woken up in a cold sweat.  Did you know if you hit the ground in your dreams you will die in real life?  It's true.