Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grats to first lvl 60!!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by fascism
    Congrats!

Not really the word (or phrase) that came to my mind right off....

(more like, no life. lose..... nm) image

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by hardicon
    so sad, max level in 2 days. 

The game doesen't end at max level.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?148961-Grats-to-lvl-60

How he did it?

He powerleveld with crafting. Astral diamonds for the win!!

congratulate him on skipping the game content and the "this game sucks, there is no endcontent after I maxed" whine from him coming soon.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What exactly is the point of spending 800 euros to be the first level 60. I mean sure, you could say you did it first, but that only lasts so long. I wish I had that much money laying around to waste.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

It's not pay to win at all, it's pay for convenience which is the same very successful model TERA is doing right now. If we can all get to the same place a bit slower, that's fine with me. Pay to do things faster does not bother me and in fact was nice in TERA because it helped people with less playtime keep up with other people.

As for this guy that hit level 60, who wants to take bets on how long he plays before he gets bored and burnt out? I'm going with one month. He'll be done with Neverwinter and off playing another game by the time the majority of the community is 60 and the endgame really starts booming.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    What exactly is the point of spending 800 euros to be the first level 60. I mean sure, you could say you did it first, but that only lasts so long. I wish I had that much money laying around to waste.

It's the "ooooooh..... everybody look at me" feeling they get.

I remember in SWG my guild had the first mandalorian armor on the server, the leader took it on and paraded every day in high populated areas and posting the "ooohmygawwd" private messages he got the next day.

That guild was furious with me for not participating in the daily conga line there... ;)

It's all about the epeen.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by Manolios
    100% P2Wnty :)

What is that he won? Seems to me that he is out 800 euros. Oh, that he was lvl 60 before everyone else? So that's what he won. Seems.... trivial at best. :P

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Wow.. super P2W.

Still don't think it's P2W? Don't kid yourself.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Just because some people choose to cheapen their gaming experience by powerleveling to max level, not everyone does. There are plenty of people out there that still enjoy the journey. They just won't be the ones spamming chat "LFG, max level only" while everyone is still level 20...heh
  • TeshrrarTeshrrar Member Posts: 26

You have to think that, maybe, 800 euros for him is the same that 10 euros for you, what means he can, you don't.

He can create a new character and do the content, and still hold the "1st lvl 60" title. Maybe it's important to him, what's problem with that?

All that judgment make me sad to see how the game's community become so... I don't know, childish? What's wrong with just congrats the guy? He did nothing wrong considering the capitalist world. Since the game allow you to do that, why not if you can and want?

Pfff. C'mon guys, you can do better.

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

Sad thing is now

1. He will complain that there is nothing to do
    2. No one to run with
    3. No content at this time

I guess it is lonely at the top

BTW - Did you enjoy the content?

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

I played NWN in closed beta and as much as i was looking forward to play it after 2 weekends i gave up.

Game in genaral is nothing special, to me looks like a polished Neverwinter Nights original. Back then it was like WOW was like 7 years ago and how ppl look at WOW now?

It is out-dated way of gameplay with instanced city where you go do already seen quests. 

Imagine you level up in Orgimmar and the around the city, let say Razor Hill and that is it it was always like that.

As mentioned it is so 90`s back then it was excelente but now it is nothing special when you look at the other games you have at the table.

Tunel leveling that it is.

Does it look good it does and has it charms but dont think NWN is a long term game you wanna spend time on it.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

What did he win?

Any PVP match where he is higher level and has better gear. 

He doesn't have better gear though.  He leveled through crafting according to the report.  And he's not going to win a pvp match against anyone else until they're in the level range.  Unless he has the advantage of being a closed tester he's not going understand the power/heroic/feat synergy.  He's not going understand the class mechanics.  Read my post above as to why he's at a disadvantage.  Do you know anything about the game or what you're talking about?

Lets be honest, the "power/heroic/feat synergy" you speak of would not take long to understand and any person at the 4th grade reading level would know how to read his powers and decide which one hits the hardest.  You also mention he wont have gear but didnt the guy craft his way to level 60?  He either now has enough gear to do PvE at 60 and get better loot or he has good gear from crafting.  You also mention he has no one to pvp until they get in his level range.  The guy now has time to practice his "synergy" while waiting for someone to enter his level range AND when they do, they will be in the low end of the range while he will be at the top of the level range.  That is a clear advantage given to him by spending money which is the very definition of P2W.  So I would have to ask you the same thing "Do you know anything about the game or what YOU are talking about?"

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Emrendil

The game doesen't end at max level.

Isn't that the last open question. Since we can get to max level now.... How is it and what is there to do at 60?

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    So the guy spent additional money to power craft his character up to max, when you can just lvl it normally in a week's time? image
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Unfortunately, this is what most MMOs have become- a race to get to the end of the game. This seems awfully silly to me but I am sure the developers/investors are happy that there are people willing to drop that kind of cash to be 'first'. 
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by fascism
    Congrats!

Not really the word (or phrase) that came to my mind right off....

(more like, no life. lose..... nm) image

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'll give him a grats.

Someone has to make up for my cheap ass playing this game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

glad i know not to waste my time playing this if you can PL craft your way to 60 that fast

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I'm gonna thank the guy that got to 60 paying a thousand bucks (200 Hero of the North pack +800 crafting materials) because thanks to him many of us can play awesome games like NWO for free. And what's better, it's not even P2W. He just saved himself some leveling time.

This makes me wish more games followed this model instead of forcing you to pay 60$ for the box up front without even knowing if you'll enjoy the game or not. I'll be seeing you all the 30th ingame!

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Que him getting bored and flaming the boards with "not enough content"
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by Derros
    Originally posted by Manolios

100% P2W

nty :)

800 euros....Did he really win?  Did he?

stolen cc ftw!

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I dont get why ppl think getting max level as fast as possible is the thing to do.

Its a game, a game that you play and level up and check out the game scenarios, combat, fighting and other things as you move along, and above all else have fun. Every game i have played so far lacks any decent end game content, and thus also requires you to team with several other players to do.

Have nopt played this game yet and am now doubtful about it myself as it is surely one to cater for people with lots of money to burn, thx but erm no thx.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Played all NWN single player games. Another IP bastardized. Thanks but no thanks
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Like Opinons everyone has their own play style and way of having fun.
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140

yea really i mean  max level 2days wow impressive, oh i got some ladies also in 2 days :) now that impressive also.  I mean i really dont get the point, personally dont care how you play the game but what is the point?  Just to hear the person QQ afterwards cuz theres no content to do, its stupid.  Just enjoy the game.