Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Black Gold Combines Northern European Mythology with Steam

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has announced the next game coming to its stable of free to play MMOs. Called "Black Gold", the game is a fascinating combination of Northern European mythology and gothic steampunk. The game will pit two factions against one another: One tied to fantasy and magic, the other to mechanized steam.

True to form, Snail brings rich gameplay to Black Gold as well. Players can trigger over 3000 dynamic events and actions that can change the game world itself. Characters have the ability to change forms in combat, plus the ability to drive giant armors in combat, creating a variety of fun and different encounters for both PvE and PvP. Compete to control the valuable ores and resources that power and sustain the world known simply as Black Gold.

Read more about Black Gold.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I know it's just a trailer but that looks pretty badass.  Love the setting.  Is there more info?  Is it action combat?  Is it class-based or not?  Does it have sandbox elements like AoW?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • h2kbuddycakesh2kbuddycakes Member Posts: 1
    Offical website is in squiggly symbols :(
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by achesoma
    I know it's just a trailer but that looks pretty badass.  Love the setting.  Is there more info?  Is it action combat?  Is it class-based or not?  Does it have sandbox elements like AoW?

It seems to be action combat, but it uses different interfaces - you have more normal third-person camera for normal combat and you have Hawken-style of interface for mecha-combat. 

It uses normal action combat with dodge mechanics. 

Here's 6 minute trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ogdIyQhgw&feature=player_embedded#at=295

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON